Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Buyout 11.8M

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, December 01, 2017, 03:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

According to Mark Schlabach

"Former Arkansas football coach bret Bielema will receive an 11.8 million buyout to pay off the final three years of his contract.."

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Former Arkansas football coach Bret Bielema will receive an $11.8 million buyout to pay off the final three years of his contract, a source familiar with the situation told ESPN on Friday. Some members of Arkansas' board of trustees tried to argue that... https://t.co/itHmGwtcZE

shshark00

Better than the $15 mill it could've been I guess.

Wildhog

Have to pay 11.8M to rid ourselves of a guy that went 11-29 in conference play, with an overall losing record.

Ouch.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

sowmonella

That's more than my last buyout!!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 01, 2017, 03:24:59 pm
Have to pay 11.8M to rid ourselves of a guy that went 11-29 in conference play, with an overall losing record.

Ouch.

Yeah but just think how good it will feel when it quits hurting. ..
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Calling All Hogs

So that puts him making around $32 million plus for 5 years of bad coaching. At least he made Long feel good again about football. Well, good about it up until Long was fired that is.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

cosmodrum

Now I want to rehire Long so we can fire him again.
Go away, batin'

CarolinaSwine

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on December 01, 2017, 03:32:22 pm
It does make me wonder how much we could have saved by waiting another year and not taking the 4-5th coach available who wants a shot in the SEC.

Worst that could have happened is a winning season.

Unless we've been "coach in hand" for a couple of weeks?  This was a gamble.

We could have waited for Gus to be on the hot seat again next season and saved ourselves some cash.

/sarcasm

navyhog24

A whole standard of golden handcuffs

HognotinMemphis

Took the U of A and the RF for $32 million over 5 years. Feels like he stole it from the U of A. $2.9 million per SEC win. That's more than the net profit the U of A makes per game in Fayetteville.

Worst head coach in the history of Arkansas football. Glad he is gone.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Billy Bats

Sunk cost.  Best thing to do now is hit a home run.  In life you're going to make bad decisions...trick is, after you make a bad decision, make a good one.  We have to make a good decision right now on not only a coach but a contract. 

Huge moment in Arkansas Razorback history happening right this minute. 

navyhog24

Let's go ahead and sign Gus to a massive contract now...smh

HoggyCat

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2017, 03:26:21 pm
Why Jeff Long was fired...

For a lot more reasons than Currie was fired, but you'll never accept it so I'm not going to waste my time with it.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

007 License To Squeal

Thank you, Mr. Carpet Bagger......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

fishes2000

could have been worse look at Texas AM

grayhawg

For a minimum of 11.8 million reasons.

Tequilin' Time

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: farmhawg on December 01, 2017, 03:21:42 pm
He has no idea.
he was right and it is funny.  I bet that Missouri St. grad asst AD pissed CBB off with her post game pressor.  what a beotch

Pulled out...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: fishes2000 on December 01, 2017, 03:53:29 pm
could have been worse look at Texas AM
Sumlin didn't cost as much, we paid the most, in fired coaches

PP

hog.goblin

It was always going to be a big number.  I just never understood why people had such a hard time understanding common sense.  I guess it's message-board and quick thinking (or lack thereof) mentality:

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 28, 2017, 09:22:25 pm
Are you talking about his contract?

Only 5.9 million per Dem-Gazette.

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 28, 2017, 09:27:21 pm
That's one opinion.  It will take at least 8M for him to walk. 

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 28, 2017, 09:29:21 pm
Not really an "opinion" if it is written into his contract, but ok..

If 5.9 mil is written into the contract, we ain't paying 8 mil for him to go. Sorry if you don't know how contracts work..

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 28, 2017, 10:11:41 pm
I deal with them everyday.  There is a reason the Dem-Gazette had to go get legal counsel to get an interpretation.  That interpretation is one of several, and the opposite of the attorneys representing CBB.

If there is a buyout this November it won't be for $5.9M.  It won't be somewhere in the middle, but I suspect closer to $8M. Neither side wants to litigate.

I'm sorry you don't understand THAT'S how it works in the real world.

98hogs

Horrible Coach but a good negotiator ! 

jgphillips3

If Sexton is the Messiah of contract negotiations, Jeff Long is the Anti-Christ.

Bebop

I wouldn't put it past Bielema to get fired in order to get this buyout.

LRHawg

buldozer

This figure should be substantially reduced provided CBB finds another decent paying job sooner rather than later. Still there was a total disregard for the cost of the salary, benefits and future guarantees made to a total loser. The fans and citizens of AR are due a complete investigation of this matter once a new coach, AD and their staff is in place.

HawgsPolo

No wonder JL was terminated. Geez
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

longtimeHogfan

Several days ago gdumont asked why some of us wanted JL fired.  I said at the time it was because of CBB's buyout we thought was $15MM at the time.  I thought it was near criminal then and I still do.  Insane buyout for an extremely average coach.  In and of itself that was enough reason for me.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HogT

Hey, that is only $327,777.78 per month over 36 months.

:puke: :( >:( :puke:
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

EastexHawg

But...wait...I thought the buyout was only $4.9 or $5.9 million, and that because it was much lower than earlier reported Jeff Long was a genius and great AD, and all the ol' meanies who had been complaining about him owed everyone an apology.

Typical.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 01, 2017, 03:20:16 pm
According to Mark Schlabach

"Former Arkansas football coach bret Bielema will receive an 11.8 million buyout to pay off the final three years of his contract.."

"Mark Schlabach wrong" turns up 218,000 results on Google.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 01, 2017, 03:29:08 pm
So that puts him making around $32 million plus for 5 years of bad coaching. At least he made Long feel good again about football. Well, good about it up until Long was fired that is.

Our $32 million plus you have to believe he probably cashed checks for about $18 to 20 million in 7 years as Wisconsin HC. 

So $50 million over 12 years; there should no be grieving over BB's firing.

Pulled(PP)pork

do some of you not think his attorney went for the full amount because of the insensitivity of the asst ad in her pressor?  I mean did she have to really go through all of the details of when he was expected to turn in his stuff, or be out of his office.....just freakin high school in my opinion.

that doesn't even cover the fact that she and she alone would be making the hc hire.

PP

HawgTide

Quote from: Wildhog on December 01, 2017, 03:24:59 pm

Ouch.

Long screwed us with CBB's contract extension and ridiculous buyout. Thanks Mr Great AD.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 01, 2017, 04:36:05 pm
that doesn't even cover the fact that she and she alone would be making the hc hire.

Meanwhile, I'm in charge here at the White House.....(with apologies to Gen Haig)

HawgTide

Quote from: HawgsPolo on December 01, 2017, 04:25:47 pm
No wonder JL was terminated. Geez

Don't forget his obscene buyout. 4.6 million! How did he get a 4 year contract that automatically rolled over every year?

Did Long need that to help with recruiting? So much for integrity being his middle name

247Hog

This pisses me off more and more by the minute. No wonder why we didn't have money hire those assistants he claims he didn't get. His dumb ass took all the money.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hehawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 01, 2017, 03:39:34 pm
Took the U of A and the RF for $32 million over 5 years. Feels like he stole it from the U of A. $2.9 million per SEC win. That's more than the net profit the U of A makes per game in Fayetteville.

Yep! In NO way should anyone feel bad for him. He's sitting fat at the expense of UofA in exchange for the worse 5 years in hog history unbelievable!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

idochog

That was one profitable letter
I love Jesus!

PrimHawg

Good ole mr nice guy, where are all the "thank you" posters. Pathetic

Shoat

Jeff Long should be flogged in the Fayetteville City Square, live on tv.

DeltaBoy

Ole Jeff the Carpet Bagger Long screwed us again!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 01, 2017, 03:39:34 pm

When you put it like that. . . Good Lord, he really was the worst ever.

hawgmasta

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 01, 2017, 05:09:04 pm
Ole Jeff the Carpet Bagger Long screwed us again!

Get em Delta!

PorkSoda

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 01, 2017, 04:02:15 pm
It was always going to be a big number.  I just never understood why people had such a hard time understanding common sense.  I guess it's message-board and quick thinking (or lack thereof) mentality:

I tried to tell folks that the DemGaz article was reading into it what wasn't there, but got told I lacked reading comprehension.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.