Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm boycotting watching razorback games

Started by The OTR, October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

I'm gonna go on the NY Yankees website and tell them I'm boycotting thier games. And I'm gonna post about it ALOT.

jst01

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 20, 2017, 03:54:11 pm

In short, I think fans in General overestimate the reality of their importance.

for sure.  Unless you are a fan and your net-worth has 8+ digits in it,  the administration doesn't need to care what you say or do.

BallHog1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:31:50 pm
I had to do this before cause of my high blood pressure , Clusterflapping under Bret so bad the wife though she was going to take me to the ER. 

Record it and check ESPN after the game if they win watch it and if not delete it.
You and ole' pillowhead are two of a kind

BallHog1

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 12:48:45 pm
I probably needed to hear that, Greasy. 

Not much real football talk here anymore.  Now it's just about lobsters and jelly sandwiches and firing Jeff long and finding a new coach. 

Won't be in the game thread tomorrow.  That much you can bet on. And I won't be watching.  I plan on doing some repelling tomorrow and if I survive that and we win then I can watch next week.
You repel everyone around you all the time...

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

The OTR

Still not taking off.  Only 74 people tuning in.

Guess I'm not much of a fan.  Just been watching them my whole life and I'm 53 now.  Have two graduate degrees from the u of a and two kids who have graduated from there and one still in school there now.  Haven't paid my dues enough to choose to do something else tomorrow after watching the crap teams CBB has put in the field the last few years. 

As Arkansas fans we are acting like watching us going out and getting the snot kicked out of us is part of our duty as fans.  Heck I've watched every game since cbb has been here either live or recorded when I could watch...at least I can't remember not watching. 

We need a new coach.  This one is sucking the life out the fan base.  I'll watch if we pull out of the rut but my gosh we haven't played a decent game against a decent team in how long? 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 03:30:33 pm
Ban away if you wish. 
We're not allowed to ban ourselves.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 03:30:33 pm
Some of you mods really take yourselves too seriously.   
It's a contest.
(but not THAT kind)

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 04:04:57 pm
Again, you're welcome.

Night.  Off to enjoy some early pregame festivities.

BallHog1

Guess I'm not much of a fan.  Just been watching them my whole life and I'm 53 now.  Have two graduate degrees from the u of a and two kids who have graduated from there and one still in school there now.  Haven't paid my dues enough to choose to do something else tomorrow after watching the crap teams CBB has put in the field the last few years. 

As Arkansas fans we are acting like watching us going out and getting the snot kicked out of us is part of our duty as fans.  Heck I've watched every game since cbb has been here either live or recorded when I could watch...at least I can't remember not watching. 

We need a new coach.  This one is sucking the life out the fan base.  I'll watch if we pull out of the rut but my gosh we haven't played a decent game against a decent team in how long? 
Now Pillowhead, you need to calm down and not throw one of your hissy fits. You know that never ends well with you.
What you need to do is take a look at Wilson and listen to what he's saying. He's figured this out and you can too if you'll listen. You don't listen.
Quit parading around here trying to get all the attention and just fade into the background and listen. You'll be a lot better for it.

You have a lot to learn. Might as well get started.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Rayzback on October 20, 2017, 03:37:06 pm
The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. Right?
No its just differences in people.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 04:05:14 pm
We're not allowed to ban ourselves.
It's a contest.
(but not THAT kind)

So are you admitting to use of proxies???
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hoginsavga

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 20, 2017, 03:32:38 pm
You know there is a psychological condition which describes people who argue with themselves.....

I had a few psychology courses but not sure what it's called when people carry on a conversation by asking questions and then providing the answers to make a point. I see this frequently, not only on HV but also talking heads on news programs.

jackflash

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm
Until we win a conference game or until CBB is gone.

Not going to watch Gus come up here with that dumb ### visor and beat us up and embarrass us again.

That's it.

:-*

SPAL

hog911

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:35:16 pm
I did years ago and it makes me worse ... I was a MEAN DRUNK!
You got to be the liquor! RIP Mr Lahey

Porkchop#1

Not going to watch Gus come up here with that dumb ### visor and beat us up and embarrass us again.

That's it.
Dear Mister Pillerhead, wise sir, I'm kindly asking you to reconsider this rash move.

The Hogs need you and the fans need you!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2017, 02:24:55 pm
First off- you will be watching.

Second- stadium will be full. No one there will care who is sitting on couch eating Cheetos typing on a keyboard.

This phrase is getting a lot of play this week.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 20, 2017, 05:40:00 pm
Dear Mister Pillerhead, wise sir, I'm kindly asking you to reconsider this rash move.

The Hogs need you and the fans need you!
I can most certainly ease your mind. Neither need ole Pillow Brain.

HogPharmer

I had to do this before cause of my high blood pressure , Clusterflapping under Bret so bad the wife though she was going to take me to the ER. 

Record it and check ESPN after the game if they win watch it and if not delete it.

Never heard of anyone clusterfapping to Bret... His wife, maybe...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

I don't think anyone is tore up about whether you watch a game or not; just the opposite.

Put it this way. I've been a season-ticket holder and a donor to the Foundation for 32 years. Now suppose I'm even angrier and more frustrated than you are, and I decide to not only stop donating and buying, but also to get an appointment with the AD to tell him so.

Do you know what I think said AD's response would be?

"Okay."

In short, I think fans in general overestimate the reality of their importance.

Fans are the reason programs exist.  I think their importance is far undervalued. 

Fans are the customers--without customers there is no supplier.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Martygit

I don't think anyone is tore up about whether you watch a game or not; just the opposite.

Put it this way. I've been a season-ticket holder and a donor to the Foundation for 32 years. Now suppose I'm even angrier and more frustrated than you are, and I decide to not only stop donating and buying, but also to get an appointment with the AD to tell him so.

"Okay."

^^^^^ He's absolutely right - do any of you realize how little your opinions matter to anyone who matters?
RIP OTR, REV

ChitownHawg

I have been applying this practice since Hootie was HC. Life is more enjoyable not watching the Hogs in a frustrating loss.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

IronMountainHog

That's it.
Too bad you don't boycott posting stupid shite every week.

PorkSoda

Quote from: MartinGit on October 20, 2017, 05:57:27 pm
^^^^^ He's absolutely right - do any of you realize how little your opinions matter to anyone who matters?
um, as a matter of fact,  if we thought our opinions mattered we would be voicing them to people that matter instead of on a message board that doesn't matter.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 12:45:10 pm
Funny whiskey story...my wife and I attended Hogs/Bama game in Fayetteville with Oklahawg and a couple others.  Our seats were slam in the middle of the Bama fans, their QB's parents a row or two in front of us.

Of course my wife got a fifth of Crown in the game and she mixed it with a Coke (yes, it was long enough ago it was a Coke!).  While she was turned talking smack to some Bama fans, a wasp flew into her cup.  She too a drink and saw/heard/felt the wasp in her cup and her twirler reactions took over, slinging a full Crown and Coke all over the Bama fans in front of her.

She then caught the smack from the Bama fans for not sharing any Crown (I tried to explain to them that she did share, all over the folks in front of her).

We lost, but it was a fun time made even funner by whiskey.

Yep nothing more enjoyable than being at a game while having an out of control drunk dump their drink on you. Lots of fun.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tusked on October 20, 2017, 12:52:17 pm

Technically you only have to watch the 1st half.  So start off by boycotting the 2nd half.

You must not remember last year's game or the first play.  ;D

PorkSoda

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 20, 2017, 06:03:45 pm
Yep nothing more enjoyable than being at a game while having an out of control drunk dump their drink on you. Lots of fun.  ;)
did you just admit to being a bama fan?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2017, 06:07:01 pm
did you just admit to being a bama fan?

Nope. Name is etching in the Senior Walk. Just admitted not finding humor in drunks ruining the game for others. Drink and get sloppy drunk - I don't have a problem with that. Just don't ruin others time at the game.

My question is would that have been funny in the reverse?

Rudy Baylor

I don't know about you all, but I'm attending a secret watch party underneath the underground speakeasy under the old remains of the Mountain Inn in downtown Fayetteville

Massages are free

Invitation only

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 20, 2017, 06:13:41 pm
I don't know about you all, but I'm attending a secret watch party underneath the underground speakeasy under the old remains of the Mountain Inn in downtown Fayetteville

Massages are free

Invitation only

Don't get caught!  ;)

Hayduke

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 20, 2017, 12:46:41 pm
It will take a lot more than disdain for the coaching staff and/or leadership for me to boycott watching games.  If they start making things political (like the NFL) or start making heroes out of people that are dirt bags off the field (also like the NFL), then I'll turn away.  Until then, I'll watch.

God bless true patriots such as yourself.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hoginsavga on October 20, 2017, 04:28:35 pm
I had a few psychology courses but not sure what it’s called when people carry on a conversation by asking questions and then providing the answers to make a point. I see this frequently, not only on HV but also talking heads on news programs.
Its a condition, also a symptom of schizophrenia. Are the people on the TV talking to you, when its turned off.

Rudy Baylor

This Ballhog1 guy seems like a troublemaker

Mr. Porkleone

That's it.

Bye Bye.... not a real fan. I'll be there cheering while the goons boycott.

hog911

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 20, 2017, 06:21:05 pm
Bye Bye.... not a real fan. I'll be there cheering while the goons boycott.
Stop with that not a real fan crap! You want change, stop buying season tickets and donating! You are the problem Long lover!

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: hog911 on October 20, 2017, 06:24:08 pm
Stop with that not a real fan crap! You want change, stop buying season tickets and donating! You are the problem Long lover!

Boom!  :D

Martygit

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 20, 2017, 06:03:24 pm
um, as a matter of fact,  if we thought our opinions mattered we would be voicing them to people that matter instead of on a message board that doesn't matter.

Oh, good - I was under the mistaken impression that those who thought they mattered were posting things that don't matter on a board that doesn't matter thinking that they mattered to those who don't matter
RIP OTR, REV

Vantage 8 dude

While you may have two degrees from the U of A, that means totally nothing as far as whether you're not only formally "educated", but more importantly, have a lick of common sense. Heck, you could have graduated from Harvard magna cum laude and still be an idiot-which you are, an idiot that is.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 20, 2017, 06:13:41 pm

Massages are free

Invitation only
Rudy, ole pal, ole buddy of mine........remember when I gave you my last $100 bucks that one time ??? ;)

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 07:02:41 pm
Rudy, ole pal, ole buddy of mine........remember when I gave you my last $100 bucks that one time ??? ;)

Never heard of you

Athog

That's it.

Well that is the spirit! I bet they feel that pain! I am watching twice as much then.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 20, 2017, 06:03:45 pm

The bad thing was, it was a healthy pour!!

Martygit

That's it.

Hell, that's not much of a threat - they don't show the games in New Blaine anyway, do they?
RIP OTR, REV

Medic821

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 20, 2017, 07:06:29 pm
Never heard of you
So typical when it comes to letting someone you've known for years borrow 'em a few bucks. I supposed I certainly be surprised. >:(

HawgTide

That's it.

Questions not stories

hobhog

Quote from: hog911 on October 20, 2017, 06:24:08 pm

But if you never go to games or have never bought season tickets in first place how does that work?

East Clintwood

"Okay."

True.  And if 25 people or 100 people did the same, he'd have the same answer.

But suppose 1,000 or 2,000 people did the same thing, I think they would at least get his attention and get him wondering if something important was afoot that needed a substantial response before things got out of hand.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hobhog

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 11:28:12 pm

True.  And if 25 people or 100 people did the same, he'd have the same answer.

But suppose 1,000 or 2,000 people did the same thing, I think they would at least get his attention and get him wondering if something important was afoot that needed a substantial response before things got out of hand.

Didn't work in basketball....