Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caldwell & Chavis - Together Again....

Started by twistitup, February 10, 2018, 06:51:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

February 10, 2018, 06:51:53 pm Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:20:33 pm by twistitup
Great article...it means a lot when coaches like working together. This is a very insightful article...Caldwell left CBB some great players to work with.

Let's do it!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/07/state-hogs-chavis-caldwell-glad-be-re-united/
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

texas tush hog

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 06:51:53 pm
Great article...it means a lot when coaches like working together. This is a very insightful article...Caldwell left CBB some great players to work with.

Let's do it!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/07/state-hogs-Chavis-caldwell-glad-to-be-re-united/

twistitup

Porkys Revenge

Let's do it!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/07/state-hogs-chavis-caldwell-glad-be-re-united/
CBB left Caldwell the players. You must have sliders and fried rice on the brain.

twistitup

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 10, 2018, 07:31:49 pm
CBB left Caldwell the players. You must have sliders and fried rice on the brain.

You forgot to read....

"I liked Caldwell, the Thayer guy, from the start when Bobby Petrino hired him as an assistant coach in 2010. He could both find, sign and develop defensive ends. As much as anyone, I was sad to see Caldwell fade into the sunset in the horrible John L. Smith season of 2012.

Just think what Caldwell left for Bret Bielema. Caldwell recruited Trey Flowers, Deatrich Wise, Darius Philon and several other promising defensive end prospects."

......Fried rice on the brain? Sounds like you need a brain

Here's the link again- maybe you will actually read it this time.

Hog N Bama

Not viewable without subscription. Not subscribing. Go sell some ads

twistitup

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 10, 2018, 07:55:34 pm

When I click...I can view.

No subscription, I don't pay for shiite - it's why I'm here on the 'ville.

Don't know what's wrong - I apologize - will copy & paste it I guess....

Eddie Goodson

You can't copy and paste pay info from other sites here. It is not legal.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

flagstaffhog

I don't have a subscription to anything and it opened for me to read. Good article and thanks for posting. +1 to OP.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

Philip Seaton

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 07:43:54 pm
You forgot to read....

"I liked Caldwell, the Thayer guy, from the start when Bobby Petrino hired him as an assistant coach in 2010. He could both find, sign and develop defensive ends. As much as anyone, I was sad to see Caldwell fade into the sunset in the horrible John L. Smith season of 2012.

Just think what Caldwell left for Bret Bielema. Caldwell recruited Trey Flowers, Deatrich Wise, Darius Philon and several other promising defensive end prospects."

In fairness, Philon came here because Alabama shorted him on signing day. Caldwell still went after him, but he was not a find nor a recruiting steal.

twistitup

King Kong

All you have to do isn't clear cookies and you don't have to play for a single article

farmhawg

Let's do it!

Thanks for posting.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

azhog10

Quote from: Philip Seaton on February 10, 2018, 08:15:52 pm
In fairness, Philon came here because Alabama shorted him on signing day. Caldwell still went after him, but he was not a find nor a recruiting steal.
LOL UHHHHH yes he was. He was a steal bc Caldwell had developed a relationship with him when we recruited and signed his teammate Winston.

That's ridiculously dumb.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: azhog10 on February 10, 2018, 08:56:43 pm
LOL UHHHHH yes he was. He was a steal bc Caldwell had developed a relationship with him when we recruited and signed his teammate Winston.

That's ridiculously dumb.

Agreed

A steal because Philon never even visited Arkansas. Amazing job convincing him to do that

liljo

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2018, 09:32:51 pm
Agreed

A steal because Philon never even visited Arkansas. Amazing job convincing him to do that

And because 247sports had him rated the #426 player and #15 in Alabama, but Arkansas stayed on him till the paper was signed. That is evaluation. Check out who some of the evaluators were. Coach Caldwell was a big part in that process.

Arkansas has some coaches assembled now that can spot potential. They are proven evaluators. And I am believing they can motivate, teach, and push guys to reach their maximum ability.

Hope the players buy in. If they do, I'm just saying -- look out! I have faith they will. Love those Razorbacks!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

hoglady

Well that article gets you excited about the future of the Arkansas defense!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

twistitup

Quote from: hoglady on February 11, 2018, 06:00:14 am
Well that article gets you excited about the future of the Arkansas defense!!
...it's been a while since we could say that. In addition - it's not just bunch of talk - there are results. The C&C combo just put the nations #1 Juco DE on our roster. Great addition.

Good luck Chavis / Caldwell

All the way up!

hoglady

Quote from: twistitup on February 11, 2018, 06:02:38 am
...it's been a while since we could say that. In addition - it's not just bunch of talk - there are results. The C&C combo just put the nations #1 Juco DE on our roster. Great addition.

Good luck Chavis / Caldwell

All the way up!

I'm ready for Spring ball - should be interesting to see where some players end up in Chavis' scheme.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rljjr

The last paragraph says it all. Going to be exciting to watch it bloom and grow!!!

nchogg

I like the term C&C. I look forward to our defense. A good defense wins ball games with an exciting offense. Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

We could have e another Great D very soon!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The NewEra

Icing on the cake with Caldwell and Chavis is that both have seen Arkansas when we have been very good.  They are already out there talking about those good teams, selling it to recruits and the guys on campus now.  They've seen what it can be and they are on a mission to return us to those days of great Razorback football.

Another nice thing.  Neither one of them are here to advance themselves to their next job.  Both are here for the long haul, 100% committed.

liljo

Great article and thanks for referencing it. Exciting times on The Hill.

Go Hogs!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

twistitup

Quote from: The NewEra on February 11, 2018, 08:33:51 am
Icing on the cake with Caldwell and Chavis is that both have seen Arkansas when we have been very good.  They are already out there talking about those good teams, selling it to recruits and the guys on campus now.  They've seen what it can be and they are on a mission to return us to those days of great Razorback football.

Another nice thing.  Neither one of them are here to advance themselves to their next job.  Both are here for the long haul, 100% committed.

Like a hog should be - 100% committed

PORKULATOR

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 07:43:54 pm
You forgot to read....

+1 haaaaa! Lol
Get 'em.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

GuvHog

February 11, 2018, 09:05:30 am #28 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:39:29 am by GuvHog

Actually Philon was informed by Bama a week before signing day that they did not have a scholarship for him and wanted him to Gray Shirt but his family could not financially afford to pay his way for a year. That's when another Hog commit from the same school informed the Hog coaches and started recruiting him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SRV

I like the the hires we have made, but I've taken much more of a wait and see approach than I have in the past. This, however, excites me.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Hoggish1

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 07:59:15 pm
When I click...I can view.

No subscription, I don't pay for shiite - it's why I'm here on the 'ville.

Don't know what's wrong - I apologize - will copy & paste it I guess....

Worked for me.  I'm very, Very, VERY excited about these two working together again...!

Hoggish1

Though true, we were the next in line for Philon, which is more than half the battle!

hawgwash

Quote from: bigalphahawg on February 11, 2018, 09:28:00 am
I like the the hires we have made, but I've taken much more of a wait and see approach than I have in the past. This, however, excites me.
With Caldwell we don't have to wait and see.  We've already seen.

HogShat

C&C Defense Factory... Are they gonna make them sweat? Are they gonna make us go hmmmm? Are they gonna keep it comin?

hawgon

twistitup

February 15, 2018, 01:51:45 pm #35 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:05:26 pm by twistitup
Quote from: HogShat on February 15, 2018, 01:10:02 pm
C&C Defense Factory... Are they gonna make them sweat? Are they gonna make us go hmmmm? Are they gonna keep it comin?

They are working on the first C&C Def Factory recording as we speak. Chavis is a natural on the Mic (says DJ Jred)..will be released just before the spring game...be there! Live halftime

UAfanatic

Having all of the games at the touch of you fingers and changing channels during commercial on my 12ft diagonal projection surround sound setup has taken a huge bite out of me driving up, spending the night.. etc.

But even more is that when I go, gone are traditions.. except the hogcall,
With IMG taking over the gameday experience.. it's darn near the exact same songs, experience in every stadium that they have a contract for in the America.. they tought that they are adding to the experience and helping fight off the decline when in reality they are making everything special about it cookie cutter and mundane.. and of course the main goal being to ratchet up ad sales for the captive audience.. I gladly bale out to just going to 2 games a year and trying to make an away game to see the same experience.. except small specific changes.. rockie top.. cowbells.. etc

Any crowd involvement is quicly stifled with canned crap whether music that has no tradition or the next commercial..

sowmonella

Quote from: hawgon on February 15, 2018, 01:21:12 pm
This staff is giving me a boner.

Must be the mustaches. Brave of you to admit it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

twistitup

Quote from: UAfanatic on February 15, 2018, 03:51:01 pm
Having all of the games at the touch of you fingers and changing channels during commercial on my 12ft diagonal projection surround sound setup has taken a huge bite out of me driving up, spending the night.. etc.

But even more is that when I go, gone are traditions.. except the hogcall,
With IMG taking over the gameday experience.. it's darn near the exact same songs, experience in every stadium that they have a contract for in the America.. they tought that they are adding to the experience and helping fight off the decline when in reality they are making everything special about it cookie cutter and mundane.. and of course the main goal being to ratchet up ad sales for the captive audience.. I gladly bale out to just going to 2 games a year and trying to make an away game to see the same experience.. except small specific changes.. rockie top.. cowbells.. etc

Any crowd involvement is quicly stifled with canned crap whether music that has no tradition or the next commercial..

Wrong thread?

WaltonCollege

Quote from: hawgon on February 15, 2018, 01:21:12 pm
This staff is giving me a boner.

Same, had a Matt Bonner since we got Chives. And Caldwell is a D End whisperer.

Bacons Rebellion

lumphog

Quote from: azhog10 on February 10, 2018, 08:56:43 pm

That’s ridiculously dumb.
Shirley.... you're not surprised

aloha_kid

Another guy that should have stuck around.

HogFoo

if you have viewed too many of their links, then yeah you can't look at them once you've reached the limit of freebies.  After so many then you have to pay a subscription.  On my phone, I've reached my limit, but on my tablet i can still view the link.  So there that is. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Caldwell was right there when philon got the call from Saban that he wanted him to greyshirt,  philon was crying about it, and upset, Caldwell calls petrino  and says we need this guy now. So they offer him a schollie on the spot, without him ever visiting or even for 1second thinking he'd be at arkansas. He accepts, and the rest is history.   Yes, it was a right place at right time, but make no mistake, Caldwell is a great recruiter!  He's the one that used to poach all those Warren kids out of Arkansas, and Cedric Houston back when he was at Tennessee.    I believe he and Chavis will absolutely kill it here at arkansas.   Chavis has something to prove and I think he will!  I also think we're gonna be able to get the great players that Chavis needs to run his style defense. 

It's the same thing like back when we had rob Smith.  His defense works when you have NFL talent runnin his Bermuda triangle defense! But when ya don't have that caliber player, it don't work.  Our recruiting is gonna be pretty dang good.  Chavis wants top DEs,  top CBS, top safeties, top dine guys.. and great Lbs.. haha. Just like everyone else.. 😃  we have a great start already with Agim, Gerald, got all the 4* and 5* guys in secondary,  got some decent interior guys as well and we have some studs at LB , now we just need to build that same type talent depth wise.  We get the depth and that's when our defense takes the step to the next level!  Need more LBS, more interior dline, and couple more top guys at DE like Sosa and Gerald.   So not that far from being dang good already...  I could easily see us having one of the top defenses in the SEC as well as in the nation.   We get our best lock down NFL caliber cornerback back from injury.  Adding Gerald across from Sosa is gonna pay dividends immediately! I wouldn't be surprised if we come close to breaking the most sacks in a season record teamwise over the next 2 yrs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Großer Kriegschwein

As far as cornerbacks are concerned, Henre Toliver had all the raw abilities that you'd look for in a top tier DB.

He showed flashes of brilliance.
This is my non-signature signature.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

C +C....gonna make you sweat till you bleed

twistitup

Quote from: HogShat on February 15, 2018, 01:10:02 pm

All of the above