Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Frost

Started by Memhogs, November 21, 2017, 02:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

The man seems to be a genius in turning programs around. Hey may be my new favorite for the head hog! Winless to undefeated in not even 2 seasons... impressive!
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

PorkRinds

He'd be great but I'm aftiad he's likely going to have better options.

Donny2665

If he goes anywhere, it most likely will be Nebraska.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

ricepig

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 03:06:03 pm
Oh......he's going somewhere.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 03:06:03 pm
Florida

PorkSoda

solid, hope we take a shot at him at least. 

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MC_Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 03:07:02 pm
Oh......he's going somewhere.

He's going to be here next year ;)

jkstock04

Would be an awesome hire if we could manage it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BILLYBOB

Arkansas will be a great job for the next coach because we will pay north of $4 million per season, it's in the SEC, we have some good players, and there is nowhere to go but up. Unfortunately, Frost will have better options...
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Atlhogfan1

He has only been a head coach for a little less than 2 seasons.  Not much of a track record of turning around programs.  He appears to have turned one around.  A program in the middle great recruiting in a G5 conference.  He was the Oregon OC after Chip left.  He may turn out to be great.  If he were to stay in Florida with the recruiting contacts he is making you could probably project success more easily.  At a Nebraska or Arkansas, maybe.  Not a similar situation. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Paul

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 21, 2017, 03:39:51 pm
He has only been a head coach for a little less than 2 seasons.  Not much of a track record of turning around programs.  He appears to have turned one around.  A program in the middle great recruiting in a G5 conference.  He was the Oregon OC after Chip left.  He may turn out to be great.  If he were to stay in Florida with the recruiting contacts he is making you could probably project success more easily.  At a Nebraska or Arkansas, maybe.  Not a similar situation.
So tired of this argument.  There are many coaches with less experience than Frost & Norvell who have turned around programs. 

Donny2665

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 21, 2017, 03:37:57 pm
Arkansas will be a great job for the next coach because we will pay north of $4 million per season, it's in the SEC, we have some good players, and there is nowhere to go but up. Unfortunately, Frost will have better options...

We wont pay that much for a Frost or Norvell, but would for a Gus or equal. i could see us paying 2.5 with incentives to those up and comers.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Paul on November 21, 2017, 03:43:02 pm
  So tired of this argument.  There are many coaches with less experience than Frost & Norvell who have turned around programs.

I'm not making an argument for you to be tired of.  Frost may be a fantastic coach for any program including ours.  But the OP said he has a track record of turning around programs.  He has almost 0 track record.  I'm good if we hire him though. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoggusMaximus

we won't get off light with any of the names being thrown around here. there are alota programs looking. 

Calvin Swine

He's not coming here.  There's better options on the table.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2017, 02:55:13 pm
He'd be great but I'm aftiad he's likely going to have better options.

There are no better option than Arkansas.  Stop reading Darny Nowkawh...