Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Wilson

Started by The Hawg Marshal, November 06, 2017, 02:37:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

King Kong

I typically prefer a HC that has been a coordinator.

But Wilson has done a good job.

The Hawg Marshal

I agree with you. His resume is small, but I  know he's supposed to be one of the best recruiters in the country. Everybody says that's what we need.

colbs

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he was hired.  I posted about him around a month ago.  He led UTSA to their first bowl win and they look like they will be back in a bowl game this year.  There was a good article on him in that thread too.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: colbs on November 06, 2017, 02:59:06 pm
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he was hired.  I posted about him around a month ago.  He led UTSA to their first bowl win and they look like they will be back in a bowl game this year.  There was a good article on him in that thread too.
Yeah I knew there had been a thread about him on here before. I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten more support. I mean compared to some of the names people are throwing out , Wilson would be a home-run! lol

The_Boot_stops_here

Would be happy to have Wilson.  More interested in Norvell

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 02:37:57 pm
Thoughts?
He has the Louisiana/Texas connections, knows the SEC, is a Saban guy, has a scheme that fits current personnel, has no character warts, is known as a top recruiter...

What's not to like.

Frank Wilson is my number 1 choice, by a country mile.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wooderson

Looks like a very good candidate.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

The Hawg Marshal

I'm in the Norvell camp but Frank Wilson would also be a good choice in my opinion.

SONofHAM

I really like him...specifically at Arkansas.  He seems to check nearly all the boxes other than only being in his 2nd year as a HC.  The elite recruiting in the key states(TX, LA, MS) is exactly what we need. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

TX HOG

November 07, 2017, 10:37:57 pm #10 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:13:30 am by TX HOG
Read an article posted in here about him. He sounds young and fun but also showed an attention to detail

SONofHAM

His name is Frank.  It's meant to be.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

hogmolar

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 07, 2017, 02:06:13 pm
He has the Louisiana/Texas connections, knows the SEC, is a Saban guy, has a scheme that fits current personnel, has no character warts, is known as a top recruiter...

What's not to like.

Frank Wilson is my number 1 choice, by a country mile.

When did he coach under Saban?

Tusks

He didn't coach under Saben, he coached under Les at LSU.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ipigsooie

I'm ok with Wilson of we miss out on some of our other targets.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 10:12:21 am
He didn't coach under Saben, he coached under Les at LSU.
Correct.  I had my timing wrong.
All Gas, No Brakes!