Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets get real Razorback fans

Started by Pyrotechnician, August 30, 2011, 10:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrotechnician

We will never win the SEC as long as commissioner Slive and the SEC refs have anything to do with it.  Surely you all have figured this out by now ???  No way they ever let us win the big games.  If its close, and it always will be against bama, lsu, fla.....we are screwed!  Two years ago, we had the fla and LSU games STOLEN from us, flat out STOLEN by the refs!  Things like that make me wish we were not in the SEC.  Its always been like that for the hogs in basketball as well.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

plumbhog

I dont think SEC Refs want anything to do with stealing another game from the Hogs!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 30, 2011, 10:41:13 pm
That's just dumb...

Are you a new fan of the razorbacks?  Anyone who has been watching already knows this.  The SEC cheats for its pets/cash cows

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

trphog

August 30, 2011, 10:44:59 pm #4 Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:48:11 pm by trphog
We have won the National Championship and the SEC Championship in basketball since joining the conference

hawg23

Quote from: trphog on August 30, 2011, 10:44:59 pm
We won the National Championship in basketball as a member of the SEC

Data ?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

Amityvillehogger

Pick a new favorite team then. That poor ole us attitude has to change. You got to believe. I know our boys do and thank God that's what matters.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: trphog on August 30, 2011, 10:44:59 pm
We have won the National Championship and the SEC in basketball as a member of the SEC

Thats because the SEC doesnt control the outcome of the NCAA tournament.  We DID not win the SEC tourney....Kentucky did.  We lost games to bama and miss st in conference play and both were highway robberies by the SEC refs!

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on August 30, 2011, 10:43:03 pm
Are you a new fan of the razorbacks?  Anyone who has been watching already knows this.  The SEC cheats for its pets/cash cows

IronHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 30, 2011, 10:41:13 pm
That's just dumb...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=302680008&period=4

Here is the play by play from the Bama game last year.

There was ONE holding call in the game last year.  Just happened to be against Arkansas in the 4th quarter......Mallett threw the first pick just a couple plays later.

I get sick of people acting like this BS doesn't happen...or that the team should have played better....when top 10 teams meet little things like this swing the game.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 30, 2011, 10:47:51 pm
Pick a new favorite team then. That poor ole us attitude has to change. You got to believe. I know our boys do and thank God that's what matters.

I dont know where you get the poor ole us attitude from.   Whats true is true

ark30inf

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on August 30, 2011, 10:36:26 pm
We will never win the SEC as long as commissioner Slive and the SEC refs have anything to do with it.  Surely you all have figured this out by now ???  No way they ever let us win the big games.  If its close, and it always will be against bama, lsu, fla.....we are screwed!  Two years ago, we had the fla and LSU games STOLEN from us, flat out STOLEN by the refs!  Things like that make me wish we were not in the SEC.  Its always been like that for the hogs in basketball as well.

Any SEC protection will be for teams that are going to make money and get a National Championship.  If there is going to be any "special cooking" it will be in favor of the team most likely to get it done....whether that is Bama....or Vandy.

They are not going to show favorites because of name or reputation, they would show it because of path to the NCG.

So just win and get in the best position to earn money....and then you don't have to worry about it.

ark30inf

Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 10:50:21 pm
I get sick of people acting like this BS doesn't happen...or that the team should have played better....when top 10 teams meet little things like this swing the game.

I saw it.  It does happen.  Just like Michael Jordan could take half a dozen steps.  But it is not based on us being Arkansas....it is based on us not proving that we are "it". 

HognitiveDissonance

You make a decent point. It was painfully obvious two years ago the refs were protecting Florida. I don't think it was overt, but sub-consciously, yes. Florida had earned that respect. That's the thing, once you earn it, you get the breaks. We just have to crash the party and overcome all that stuff initially, then we'll start getting some breaks.

I liken it to winning basketball in 1994; to this day, we still get more cachet and credit than we deserve for today's teams, all because of what we did way back then.

jkstock04

For an entire week after the Florida debacle a couple years back I 100% welcomed the idea of us going to the Big 12.

That game is absolute proof the OP has a legit argument.  I dare someone to say otherwise. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneTuskOverTheLine™

History is in the past. We are making tomorrow today. Alabama had to begin the journey to get where they are. They were not born there. Champions are not born, they are made..!
This coach is unlike any of his predecessors at this university. Just because things did not pan-out in the past, does not mean we are destined to fail. We are destined for nothing. We make our destiny. We chose our path. This staff, this team, this state has chosen this day to rise out of the mire of mediocrity. We are building championships here. You are either for us, or you are against us.
If you think you're doing anyone a favor by tempering expectations with reason you are wrong. We expect to win every game this year. If not we analyse why, we fix it, we move forward and we do not allow history to repeat itself. No longer will we allow anyone to hold us down into "our place" just because that's where they think we should be. I say 14-0 until someone can prove us wrong..!

P.S. Pick one thread to whine in please...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

IronHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 30, 2011, 11:06:04 pm
I don't think it was overt, but sub-consciously, yes. Florida had earned that respect.

So Auburn last year was an accident?

How bout LSU in 2009?

Once is a mistake......3 years in a row is a crime illegal in 48 states.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on August 30, 2011, 10:49:41 pm
Thats because the SEC doesnt control the outcome of the NCAA tournament.  We DID not win the SEC tourney....Kentucky did.  We lost games to bama and miss st in conference play and both were highway robberies by the SEC refs!

Where did he specify we won it that particular year?  Do you argue that we've never won an SEC championship in BB?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

IronHog

Quote from: 4windshawg on August 30, 2011, 11:06:40 pm
History is in the past. We are making tomorrow today. Alabama had to begin the journey to get where they are. They were not born there. Champions are not born, they are made..!
This coach is unlike any of his predecessors at this university. Just because things did not pan-out in the past, does not mean we are destined to fail. We are destined for nothing. We make our destiny. We chose our path. This staff, this team, this state has chosen this day to rise out of the mire of mediocrity. We are building championships here. You are either for us, or you are against us.
If you think you're doing anyone a favor by tempering expectations with reason you are wrong. We expect to win every game this year. If not we analyse why, we fix it, we move forward and we do not allow history to repeat itself. No longer will we allow anyone to hold us down into "our place" just because that's where they think we should be. I say 14-0 until someone can prove us wrong..!

PS.  Arkansas had an NCAA "cloud" for "overpaying" some athletes that actually did the work a few hundred dollars.

Imagine if they'd actually broken a rule like Bama, Auburn, or half the other teams they play.

Arkansas can't just not come to paint.....they must dominate all because it is NOT a level playing field.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 11:12:06 pm

PS.  Arkansas had an NCAA "cloud" for "overpaying" some athletes that actually did the work a few hundred dollars.

Imagine if they'd actually broken a rule like Bama, Auburn, or half the other teams they play.

Arkansas can't just not come to paint.....they must dominate all because it is NOT a level playing field.

True dat Ironhogg...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ark30inf

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2011, 11:06:19 pm
For an entire week after the Florida debacle a couple years back I 100% welcomed the idea of us going to the Big 12.

That game is absolute proof the OP has a legit argument.  I dare someone to say otherwise. 

It is true.  There can be no debating it unless you are just trying to avoid the unpleasantness.

But I am not convinced it is because of who you are....I think it is because of your perceived odds of going all the way.  If they think you are "it" then you get to take Michael Jordan steps.  I think being "it" is open for whoever can take it.

IronHog

Quote from: Nobu on August 30, 2011, 11:18:56 pm
like, I enjoy all opinions... I am a very liberal man when it comes to debate... but holy darn.. I am glad I just recently figureed out how to ignore people.

this is a debacle.

You need to watch more game replays.

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: ark30inf on August 30, 2011, 11:14:53 pm
It is true.  There can be no debating it unless you are just trying to avoid the unpleasantness.

But I am not convinced it is because of who you are....I think it is because of your perceived odds of going all the way.  If they think you are "it" then you get to take Michael Jordan steps.  I think being "it" is open for whoever can take it.

So you are saying that if Ark and Fla both meet undefeated in the SECCG, the hogs will get a fair shake?  You are saying that if Ark and LSU meet in Baton Rouge , winner to the SECCG....it will be fair?   

IronHog

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on August 30, 2011, 11:21:21 pm
So you are saying that if Ark and Fla both meet undefeated in the SECCG, the hogs will get a fair shake?  You are saying that if Ark and LSU meet in Baton Rouge , winner to the SECCG....it will be fair?   

The SEC would only really care in those situations if it was protecting a team that had a chance at a NC appearance over a Hog squad that was not going to the game.

The link I gave above shows your normal level of SEC BS in last years Bama game.....but when a Hog squad faces off against an undefeated team being groomed for the NC game the SEC has proven they will flat openly cheat to protect that team.

IronHog

The real question is if Arkansas goes undefeated deep into the season will the Hogs get the same protection to protect their BCS ranking?

redeye

Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 10:50:21 pm
http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=302680008&period=4

Here is the play by play from the Bama game last year.

There was ONE holding call in the game last year.  Just happened to be against Arkansas in the 4th quarter......Mallett threw the first pick just a couple plays later.

I hate to add to this discussion, but I do agree. Although I've heard few mention it, I thought the Bama player who intercepted Mallett should have been called for PI. I didn't catch this until watching the replay later to analyze what WE did wrong.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I would say we get a fair shake now.. until they prove otherwise.. They can't suspend two officiating crews for hosing us in 3 years. They can't afford to think that ESPN will ignore it after they picked apart the CBS game with Florida. I don't think officiating will be used against us again, but i admit I could be wrong. I just choose to believe it won't. If it does then we will need to cross that bridge when it comes, but I don't think anyone expects to have to give an aTM style ultimatum to the SEC, nor do I think that anyone has the balls to do it at the UA...

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 11:24:56 pm
The SEC would only really care in those situations if it was protecting a team that had a chance at a NC appearance over a Hog squad that was not going to the game.

The link I gave above shows your normal level of SEC BS in last years Bama game.....but when a Hog squad faces off against an undefeated team being groomed for the NC game the SEC has proven they will flat openly cheat to protect that team.

Such as Auburn last year

jkstock04

If it is a tight game going into the 4th you can bet the calls will go LSU or Florida's way.  I don't know what kind of investigation they did on that Florida game...but I seriously wonder what those refs were compensated for that game. 

Most people only remember the most blatant bad calls....I'm a guy who sees stuff along the LOS kinda like you do....I remember the only way they could block Jake Bequette was to form tackle him and hang on for dear life.  It happened often right in front of the refs face all game...they never called it once. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2011, 11:29:58 pm
If it is a tight game going into the 4th you can bet the calls will go LSU or Florida's way.  I don't know what kind of investigation they did on that Florida game...but I seriously wonder what those refs were compensated for that game. 

Most people only remember the most blatant bad calls....I'm a guy who sees stuff along the LOS kinda like you do....I remember the only way they could block Jake Bequette was to form tackle him and hang on for dear life.  It happened often right in front of the refs face all game...they never called it once. 

Is it worse now than it was in 1983?

Pyrotechnician

Even Gary Daniels couldnt believe some of the bad calls against us.  When Gary takes our side, you know it must have been bad

redeye

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 30, 2011, 11:06:04 pm
You make a decent point. It was painfully obvious two years ago the refs were protecting Florida. I don't think it was overt, but sub-consciously, yes. Florida had earned that respect. That's the thing, once you earn it, you get the breaks. We just have to crash the party and overcome all that stuff initially, then we'll start getting some breaks.

I liken it to winning basketball in 1994; to this day, we still get more cachet and credit than we deserve for today's teams, all because of what we did way back then.

I have to agree with that, but I still don't like it. To be perfectly honest, I found it tiresome watching everyone give Nolan's final teams more credit than they deserved. Likewise, I hate when we're overlooked in football because someone else has "earned it". That's not how it's supposed to work.

Pyrotechnician

Grunt

Quote from: 4windshawg on August 30, 2011, 11:06:40 pm

WELL SAID!
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

jkstock04

Quote from: 4windshawg on August 30, 2011, 11:32:01 pm
Is it worse now than it was in 1983?
Admittedly, I'm only 30 so I couldn't really tell ya.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

redeye

Quote from: Nobu on August 30, 2011, 11:18:56 pm
like, I enjoy all opinions... I am a very liberal man when it comes to debate... but holy darn.. I am glad I just recently figureed out how to ignore people.

this is a debacle.

Same here!  Glad you figured out how to ignore people, I mean.  I'm hoping that means you won't be wasting anymore space complaining about others complaining.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Nobu on August 30, 2011, 11:30:50 pm
you ppl are SO IGNORANT

My own brother cannot keep a secret his wife tells him.. Secrets ARE NOT KEPT!

DOes anyone here REALLY think the SEC tells 7 refs on the sly to "hey let soso win, its for the conference"

omg.

Im done with this thread

this is the biggest trash thread ive ever read here... Id smite you all If I had the smite hand from god.

Secrets in sprts are NOT kept! TOO MUCH MONEY
TOO MUCH GAMBLING

GMAFB

You can smite me if you want to.. I like it...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2011, 11:36:04 pm
Admittedly, I'm only 30 so I couldn't really tell ya.

Dang your avatar made me think you were at least 40... We used to get the squeegee squooge from refs in the SWC too. It was far worse when we were playing UT or somebody really irrelevant.. they would make beating TCU, who wasn't very good at the time, a hard thing to do...

Torqued pork

We got royally hosed against Florida two years ago. Crap, even Terrell Owens was tweeting about that *@$#. Nobody will ever convince me Florida being #1 and Bama being #2 had nothing to do with it.

IronHog

Quote from: Nobu on August 30, 2011, 11:30:50 pm
you ppl are SO IGNORANT

My own brother cannot keep a secret his wife tells him.. Secrets ARE NOT KEPT!

DOes anyone here REALLY think the SEC tells 7 refs on the sly to "hey let soso win, its for the conference"

omg.

Im done with this thread

this is the biggest trash thread ive ever read here... Id smite you all If I had the smite hand from god.

Secrets in sprts are NOT kept! TOO MUCH MONEY
TOO MUCH GAMBLING

GMAFB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAIZMebRwg

Not limited to the SEC.

I bet you think the Fed meeting minutes are real too.

IronHog

Quote from: redeye on August 30, 2011, 11:26:54 pm
I hate to add to this discussion, but I do agree. Although I've heard few mention it, I thought the Bama player who intercepted Mallett should have been called for PI. I didn't catch this until watching the replay later to analyze what WE did wrong.

It was a BS ticky tack call that put Arkansas behind the chains.

Of course the average fan here will tell it was Bama's inept DL that was dominating the LOS that put Arkansas in a difficult situation.

razorbackkid

When you beat everybody by 3 touchdowns it, more or less, takes the refs out of the game.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

IronHog

Quote from: razorbackid on August 30, 2011, 11:57:07 pm
When you beat everybody by 3 touchdowns it, more or less, takes the refs out of the game.

Yea I mean all you've got to do is go out and pound top 10 teams that are getting the calls.  Easy.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 11:26:17 pm
The real question is if Arkansas goes undefeated deep into the season will the Hogs get the same protection to protect their BCS ranking?

That would depend greatly on whether or not ESPN has made a BCS contender out of us through the hype machine by then.

If the ESPN hype machine is crowing about how the Hogs will bring another BCS title to the conference, and expounds the excellence of the conference till our ears bleed, and we've beaten the flagship of the SEC in Bama by then, we'll see those calls go our way. Unless LSU still has a shot at the BCS by beating us - well then forget it...Have to protect the CHARTER members after all.

I have no proof of this kind of crap going on within the conference, so I don't know if it's happening. Being a fan of the team that usually takes it on the chin thanks to one of those calls, I have to hope that there is conspiracy here - not just proverbial Bundyism on our behalf.

leftymgp

If we want to get real then we need to accept that there is no officiating conspiracy and refs always try their best to call a fair game.

We just need to win by enough that the outcome of a game is not in their hands.  They're human and they make mistakes.

IronHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on August 31, 2011, 12:15:06 am
That would depend greatly on whether or not ESPN has made a BCS contender out of us through the hype machine by then.

If the ESPN hype machine is crowing about how the Hogs will bring another BCS title to the conference, and expounds the excellence of the conference till our ears bleed, and we've beaten the flagship of the SEC in Bama by then, we'll see those calls go our way. Unless LSU still has a shot at the BCS by beating us - well then forget it...Have to protect the CHARTER members after all.

I have no proof of this kind of crap going on within the conference, so I don't know if it's happening. Being a fan of the team that usually takes it on the chin thanks to one of those calls, I have to hope that there is conspiracy here - not just proverbial Bundyism on our behalf.

I can take a bad call....it happens.

But when you watch the refs pick up bean bags to change calls on the field and totally ignore video evidence of a call that wasn't that close to begin with you begin to understand that this is not just dumb officials.

=======================================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrKxRP2T2Y

Here is the great Mark Ingram running behind the most powerful offensive line in history last year in RRS.  Check out the right guard hooking B. Jones by the back of the neck until Ingram scoots by.........

That isn't a sorta hold, a kinda hold, or a borderline hold.....it is a obvious hold that the officials just ignored.  They didn't find one in the entire game until the critical juncture of the 4th quarter against Arkansas.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: leftymgp on August 31, 2011, 12:21:41 am

We just need to win by enough that the outcome of a game is not in their hands. 

Bingo...Scoring Blitzkrieg...I've noticed over the years that typically the first team to 30 wins...We just need to get into a habit of doing that in the first half.

hogninja

August 31, 2011, 03:38:42 am #48 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:52:02 am by hogninja
 ;D
Quote from: IronHog on August 30, 2011, 11:26:17 pm
Yes, if we are showing a dominant team, or a darling. ;D :razorback:
If we beat Bama, AM, and AU, soundly in that stretch, we will be the protected ones.  The SEC wants an undefeated team going into the SECCG.  That usually guarantees 2 teams in the BCS.  It's all about the money and it always will be. :puke:

Pulled(PP)pork

oh boy, Forrest City Blowhard has a twin or second account on hogville

heavenhelpusall

PP