Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KC ROYALS !!

Started by PigTales, November 01, 2015, 11:30:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigTales

About to win the World Series 1 out away!!

pigture perfect

Congrats Royals and fans. Great season and series. A fun team to watch.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PigTales

Great Win!!! The come back boys just wouldn't give up!! Down 2-0 and win 7-2 in the 12th WOW !! Proud of them

Hogsmo Kramer

Happy for them.

Preserverance pays off!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Uncommon

YES! We played like there was no tomorrow. Tears of joy.

DukeOfPork

An utterly ridiculous performance by the Royals in the postseason.

When they were down 2-0 and Cain walked, you just knew the Mets were bracing for a rally.  Then when they tied it and it went to extra innings, you knew they were going to come out on top.

They're undoubtedly the best team.

tannerstahl

I'll never forget my first MLB game in 1996 as an 11 year old kid, royals vs Mariners at the K, been a tormented fan ever since...the win tonight was a feeling I've never experienced!! I'm too young to really remember the 94 hogs, so this is the first championship my fanhood gets to experience! I'm stoked and probly won't sleep at all tonight!

In a twist of cruel irony, the New York Mets will get to watch the Royals raise the banner & get their rings when they visit KC on opening day 2016 👑👍🏻⚾️ ...how crazy is that lol
i love the hogs....so very very much

lechon

Would have loved to see the Royals win the series in KC but still feels great.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

DukeOfPork

Quote from: tannerstahl on November 02, 2015, 01:16:54 am
I'll never forget my first MLB game in 1996 as an 11 year old kid, royals vs Mariners at the K, been a tormented fan ever since...the win tonight was a feeling I've never experienced!! I'm too young to really remember the 94 hogs, so this is the first championship my fanhood gets to experience! I'm stoked and probly won't sleep at all tonight!

In a twist of cruel irony, the New York Mets will get to watch the Royals raise the banner & get their rings when they visit KC on opening day 2016 👑👍🏻⚾️ ...how crazy is that lol

My first Royals game was as a kid and I believe it was 1978.  I grew up rooting for George Brett, Frank White, Willie Wilson, Amos Otis, Hal McRae, etc.  I was a Freshman in highschool when they won in 1985, but this team is so much better than that team was.

fineswine

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 02, 2015, 02:02:51 am
My first Royals game was as a kid and I believe it was 1978.  I grew up rooting for George Brett, Frank White, Willie Wilson, Amos Otis, Hal McRae, etc.  I was a Freshman in highschool when they won in 1985, but this team is so much better than that team was.
You and I are the same age. My first Royals game was 1976 versus the Angels.  This team is much better than the 85 bunch top to bottom.  Those late 70's teams were better than the 85 bunch too.

hoglady

They are the most resilient team I've seen in a long, long time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogarusa

I went to a Royals game a few years ago.  Paid $12 for parking $8 for a ticket,and there were about 9,000 people in the crowd.  Used to be able to go anywhere in KC and only seeing a handful of Royals gear, now the city has been Blue for a full 12 months.  Winning is awesome, congrats to all the "longtime" Royals fans that stuck with them through 18 years of awful. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

BigSexyHog

I feel asleep around the 7th inning.  I missed all the good parts...lol
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

DukeOfPork

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 02, 2015, 09:03:02 am
I feel asleep around the 7th inning.  I missed all the good parts...lol

Never ever fall asleep in the 7th inning of a Royals game.  That's when all of the fun starts.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: fineswine on November 02, 2015, 03:34:54 am
You and I are the same age. My first Royals game was 1976 versus the Angels.  This team is much better than the 85 bunch top to bottom.  Those late 70's teams were better than the 85 bunch too.

I was so young that I don't remember who they played my first game.  Those were scrappy teams back then as well; very easy guys to root for.  I live 2.5 hours from KC, but I bet I have been to 70-80 games.

Yes, the 1977 team was possibly the best Royals team during the regular season.  But they couldn't get past the Yankees in the playoffs. 

But this 2015 team is the best team when it counts.  These guys are clutch and they play as a unit from 1 to 25. 

Hawgey-Davidson

As a life long Cards fan, was happy to see KC win last nite. Fun group to watch and love how they play the game. Classy as well. Pretty good combo.

oldrazorband

I lived in KC in '85, my first year out of the UofA.  I had the front page of the Kansas City Times framed and it still hangs in my office.

ROYALS!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 02, 2015, 10:18:47 am
As a life long Cards fan, was happy to see KC win last nite. Fun group to watch and love how they play the game. Classy as well. Pretty good combo.

Yeah, any team that wins the WS is a "great team".  But I have never seen guys buy into the team concept more than this group of players.

There's always three or four dangerous hitters in a good lineup that you worry about, but the Royals aren't like that: they just have nine guys who all do their part and then pass it onto the next guy.  And they each trust the next guy to do his part. 

You've got 10 year veteran top-of-the-order guys who are batting in the 8 and 9 spots and aren't unhappy with it.  They have no ego.

Same thing in the bullpen: four guys (including Holland) could make a claim that they should be a closer for someone.  But they each just take care of their inning and pass it onto the next guy.  No ego.

I don't know how long it can last like this (especially since they have now accomplished their goal), but what this team just did is special.  It's way more meaningful than the typical WS win.