Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home Run Derby......

Started by hoglady, July 14, 2015, 11:32:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Did anybody watch besides me??
Thought the new format was great.
The 1st round Fielder/Frasier match up was really fun to watch - and the final was actually pretty exciting.
Just wondering what you guys thought about it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

I thought Albert was gonna win it.

hoglady

I thought when Fielder was the first one up and did so great - he was gonna win it.
But then up stepped Frasier and outed him in the first round.
The format and timer made it pretty fun to watch.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ChicoHog

Much better format.  I missed the first round but saw the semis and the finals.  Wanted my boy Pedersen to win but frazier took him out.  Fun contest. 

Enjoying the game tonight.  Best all star game of the 4 major sports.  the other 3 don't even try to play defense or have weird rules.  This one is good.  I just wish they had less players and were more intense like back in the 70s.  too many guys with the same agents and trying to be buddies. 

bob slydell

New format should do wonders to revive interest in the contest. Been kinda hard to watch the past few years.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.