Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 02:49:02 am

Moderators

Started by Next1_04, February 08, 2018, 08:34:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

Just a peaceful suggestion. Once a player commits to someone else other than the Razorbacks, can we move threads that have their name on the title on the thread moved to general sports? That way we can concentrate on discussing the young men who chose our university? I don't really see the point in discussing players who are not going to be coming to the hill. Thanks!

LJHOG

wouldn't leave much to discuss then

Tim Harris

Yesterday was NSD so it should be expected that people will be talking about players we got as well as the ones we missed out on.  If you move a thread about player "x" who picked school "x" another will come right back.  The problem will take care of itself in a few days as people move on with their lives and go back to talking about the hogs.  If there is a specific thread that you think is an issue you can always chose to report the post to the moderators.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 08, 2018, 09:03:26 am
Yesterday was NSD so it should be expected that people will be talking about players we got as well as the ones we missed out on.  If you move a thread about player "x" who picked school "x" another will come right back.  The problem will take care of itself in a few days as people move on with their lives and go back to talking about the hogs.  If there is a specific thread that you think is an issue you can always chose to report the post to the moderators.

Just do the job you're paid for and move them!!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 08, 2018, 09:03:26 am

Can you move this thread to the trash because it's a stupid suggestion?

Next1_04

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 08, 2018, 09:33:33 am
Can you move this thread to the trash because it's a stupid suggestion?

This guy is right. I forget people love getting off to beating the bloody 'ell out of a dead horse. Carry on.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Steef

Tim's post is exactly right.

Disuse (no posts) will migrate a thread down the front page and off.

It's a self correcting issue.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 08, 2018, 08:34:02 am
Just a peaceful suggestion. Once a player commits to someone else other than the Razorbacks, can we move threads that have their name on the title on the thread moved to general sports? That way we can concentrate on discussing the young men who chose our university? I don't really see the point in discussing players who are not going to be coming to the hill. Thanks!
general sports is for NON-Hog related posts, bruh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Next1_04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:40:09 am
general sports is for NON-Hog related posts, bruh.

I agree, kids who don't commit here are "Non Hogs", bruh.

Wildhog

If we recruited a player then it's Razorback-related.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

870rzrback

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 09, 2018, 12:32:42 pm
I agree, kids who don't commit here are "Non Hogs", bruh.
This is the "recruiting" forum. Where people discuss recruiting. Which includes kids that committed elsewhere and some people like discussing them. I'm personally not one of them but just saying the world doesn't revolve around you. If you don't want to discuss it with them don't click on it.  Get over it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Geez, I have a better suggestion.  Let's just be big boys and girls instead.  Capable of dealing with disappointment and discussion of such.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

twistitup

I've recruited a few 5* concession workers...but I'm not going to start a thread about it - people are tired of my food related threads. They complain but don't disuse - I don't know what's happening.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 07:57:13 pm
I've recruited a few 5* concession workers...but I'm not going to start a thread about it - people are tired of my food related threads. They complain but don't disuse - I don't know what's happening.

I'm digging the food threads.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Steef

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 10, 2018, 07:50:39 pm
Geez, I have a better suggestion.  Let's just be big boys and girls instead.  Capable of dealing with disappointment and discussion of such.

LOL

If only.

But then we wouldnt need moderators any more. And you'd miss us.

Well, okay. You'd miss Tim, anyway.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Steef on February 10, 2018, 08:03:09 pm
LOL

If only.

But then we wouldnt need moderators any more. And you'd miss us.

Well, okay. You'd miss Tim, anyway.

I'd totally miss you, Brother!