Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulling a switch with a stunt double. Yea or nay?

Started by bennyl08, February 09, 2018, 12:08:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Quote from: Three and Snout on February 08, 2018, 11:17:21 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackFBRec/status/961774902654193665

Why the switch? Repelling is really easy and safe.

The act itself was cool, but lame on the coach himself being too scared to actually do it.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hobhog

I was there. It was a cool night and event.

Maybe not if you were sitting in front of computer screen wearing only underwear....

Three and Snout

Quote from: hobhog on February 09, 2018, 12:08:50 am

Maybe not if you were sitting in front of computer screen wearing only underwear....

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope recruits do too.  I'm also interested in your firsthand perspective.  Did you realize it wasn't CM during the rappelling or shortly thereafter, or was it convincing live?

Tick Hog

Just saw the video and I think it's cool. Even if you didn't like it, you'd have to admit it's thinking outside the box which is what we need.

hobhog

Quote from: Three and Snout on February 09, 2018, 12:54:44 am
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope recruits do too.  I'm also interested in your firsthand perspective.  Did you realize it wasn't CM during the rappelling or shortly thereafter, or was it convincing live?

I actually had spoken to a friend that ate lunch with Morris earlier that day and he told me that he had a big entrance planned and "don't worry, it's a stunt double" so I knew something was up.

Still cool even though messed Video up.

MissippHog

I'm sure it will get a lot of play, so any publicity is good publicity.

Hogwaller

It was fun. The whole world needs to lighten up a little.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hobhog on February 09, 2018, 12:08:50 am

Who ever said I was wearing underwear?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

This is one of those things that will be looked back upon by fans and the opinion of it happening now will change based on how well Coach does here. Much like how "Being Bret Bielema" was cool at the time. Then when we ended up sucking on the football field, everyone talked about how stupid it was.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 09, 2018, 12:08:42 am

The act itself was cool, but lame on the coach himself being too scared to actually do it.
I would bet the UofA's insurance would not allow him to do it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

hoglady

Quote from: Hogwaller on February 09, 2018, 04:14:46 pm

Man - no kidding / Morris has been getting roasted all day on the radio by just about every talking head I've heard. Not a big deal.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogwaller

Quote from: hoglady on February 09, 2018, 04:43:24 pm
Man - no kidding / Morris has been getting roasted all day on the radio by just about every talking head I've heard. Not a big deal.

Sometimes the talking heads are located up their hind ends.

Bebop

If you are going to do it, do it! Don't Aggie it up!

hobhog

Dorian Gerald just committed to Hogs so guess he didn't seem to mind coach Morris' recruiting gimmick last night!

WPS!!!

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

3of5-2

What a phony. Get ready for a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

hoglady

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 06:23:14 pm

As long as the smoke and mirrors win football games it doesn't matter.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

3of5-2

Quote from: hoglady on February 09, 2018, 07:28:35 pm
As long as the smoke and mirrors win football games it doesn't matter.
I would agree with that, but we have been burned before by this type before. I hope his coaching and recruiting abilities are more substantive than is his showmanship. If they are, then we will be in good hands. If not, it's just another few years of crap. Only time will tell, but anything is better than CBB.

texas tush hog

texas tush hog

Quote from: hoglady on February 09, 2018, 04:43:24 pm

If he wins eight or more next year they will disappear.

hobhog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 06:23:14 pm

Unlike you, the keyboard stud.

jgphillips3

He's trying to generate excitement and enthusiasm in a program that has been run into the ground by an incompetent buffoon for 6 years.  I'll cut him some slack.

HoggyCat

Ask Owen Hart how safe it is.......

Oh wait, you can't.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

3of5-2

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogwaller on February 09, 2018, 04:14:46 pm

This +1.
My gosh some people wake up in the morning looking for things to get worked up about.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 07:34:41 pm
I would agree with that, but we have been burned before by this type before. I hope his coaching and recruiting abilities are more substantive than is his showmanship. If they are, then we will be in good hands. If not, it's just another few years of crap. Only time will tell, but anything is better than CBB.
Are you kidding me..? Who have we had that is like him? What type?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 11:12:38 pm
I already posted on this when it was in the tavern...

Thanks.
I'm sort of scared to venture into "The Tavern".😧
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Flrazrback

Can't wait for the Helicopter Recruiting. Coach Morris is a Rockstar..

bennyl08

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 09, 2018, 10:43:50 pm
Ask Owen Hart how safe it is.......

Oh wait, you can't.

That's like saying driving a car isn't a generally safe endeavor because somebody died driving blindfolded on the interstate... The guy was using a unapproved quick release that was super sensitive, had no safety backups, and was apparently using a new rig the night of that wasn't the same as which he had successfully practiced on. The organization was sued and settled out of court for 18 million dollars. Don't tie the knots right, use an unstable anchor, have the person not know what they are doing, etc... and yeah, bad things can happen. However, that's true of most anything.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

sickboy

I don't care. You can tell me how safe it is and I know you're right, but I still get nauseous at heights and would never do it. Something in my primative brain tells me it's not natural for human beings to be slinging their bodies off ropes from the rafters of a building.

Same thing with flying. I've read all the stats and I know flying is safer than driving, but when we hit turbulence, I get nervous in the pit of my stomach because I think about the fact that I'm hurtling through the stratosphere at 500 some odd miles per hour in a compressed, oversized spray paint canister of pure and unadulterated combustibility.

bennyl08

Quote from: sickboy on February 10, 2018, 02:47:03 am
I don't care. You can tell me how safe it is and I know you're right, but I still get nauseous at heights and would never do it. Something in my primative brain tells me it's not natural for human beings to be slinging their bodies off ropes from the rafters of a building.

Same thing with flying. I've read all the stats and I know flying is safer than driving, but when we hit turbulence, I get nervous in the pit of my stomach because I think about the fact that I'm hurtling through the stratosphere at 500 some odd miles per hour in a compressed, oversized spray paint canister of pure and unadulterated combustibility.

Heights don't bother me. It's falling that I have a fear of. May sound pedantic, but so long as I know I'm safely anchored, I'm good.

As for turbulence, had a prof who specialized in turbulence research talk about how he loves it when there's turbulence because he'll try and figure out the characteristic length scale of the turbulence. I've had my share of flying, but guess I've been pretty lucky cause I don't have any real turbulence memories, just some small bumps that never lasted too long.

However, I did briskly walk away from an cute little arctic fox. I was hiking alone and without a rifle which you aren't supposed to do on an island in the arctic with minimal medical care. The fox was up on a steep cliff side stealing eggs from birds and I felt like I was living a nat geo documentary or something, but then it started coming down the hill towards me and I kept thinking about getting rabies if it bit me, and having to be brought by air back to the mainland and missed out on what could have been some phenomenal photos because I was scared of what amounted to a large house cat.

Pork Twain

Risking your life doing you are not qualified to do would be idiotic.  Cool stunt, smart to switch.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Tick Hog on February 09, 2018, 07:13:45 am
Just saw the video and I think it's cool. Even if you didn't like it, you'd have to admit it's thinking outside the box which is what we need.
No, we don't need a P.T. Barnum of the Ozarks as our head football coach, we need a Nick Saban of the Ozarks. Arkansas' football history since joining the SEC is replete with head coaches who were very much like Chad Morris - film flam artists, con men and scoundrels.
Cheap theatrics on a very sad day when we finished dead last in the SEC in recruiting is just the kind of stunt you would expect from an insecure, empty suit of a man like we've hired.

What is also disappointing is our new athletic director, who must have approved the little dog and pony act, running our program as if he's the promotions director at some podunk minor league baseball franchise. What he should have said when Coach Clown Car came up with this stunt was, "Great idea! When you sign your first Top Five SEC recruiting class or after you win the SEC West, we'll shoot you out of a cannon at the next Spring Football Game! In the meantime, just concentrate on getting your first SEC win."

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on February 11, 2018, 07:34:26 am
No, we don't need a P.T. Barnum of the Ozarks as our head football coach, we need a Nick Saban of the Ozarks. Arkansas' football history since joining the SEC is replete with head coaches who were very much like Chad Morris - film flam artists, con men and scoundrels.
Cheap theatrics on a very sad day when we finished dead last in the SEC in recruiting is just the kind of stunt you would expect from an insecure, empty suit of a man like we've hired.

What is also disappointing is our new athletic director, who must have approved the little dog and pony act, running our program as if he's the promotions director at some podunk minor league baseball franchise. What he should have said when Coach Clown Car came up with this stunt was, "Great idea! When you sign your first Top Five SEC recruiting class or after you win the SEC West, we'll shoot you out of a cannon at the next Spring Football Game! In the meantime, just concentrate on getting your first SEC win."

Arkansas had its Nick Saban clone in Bret Bielema, someone who was going to "Out Bama" the Crimson Tide.  That did not work out so well.  Nothing wrong with a little theatrics to jump start a seemingly dormant Razorback program.  At this point any positive publicity for the program can be worthwhile, as long as its accompanied with hard work behind the scenes.

liljo

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on February 11, 2018, 07:34:26 am

Was it the long line at the ladies restroom that set you off?

Coach Morris, please don't pay any attention to guys like this. They've been planted here by Auburn. Go Hogs.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

The NewEra

It doesn't matter what non-recruits think.  Morris received a lot of positive play with it on twitter and that's exactly what he set out to do.  People are going to see the most active social media campaign for Razorback Football in their lifetime.  This is just the beginning.  Everything is geared toward getting the Razorback Brand & Logo out there and Top Tier Recruits are the target.

Read Richard Davenport's article today if you need any convincing: 
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/11/graphic-communication-helps-coaches-rea/