Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A rumor from Fearless Friday says

Started by SardisHog, October 01, 2005, 02:10:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SardisHog

Quote from: WooPig85 on October 01, 2005, 01:53:08 am
Their has been some breaking news and several rumors circulating amongst many Razorback fans.

1st- (and this is a fact)- Freshman receiver Rod Coleman is having his redshirt removed to replace the injured Chris Baker.

2nd- There is a rumor that Peyton Hillis is switching to LB and will play his new position against ULM.

3rd- There is another rumor that Cole Barthel has been cut and freshman QB Casey Dick has had his redshirt removed. I heard that he may even move ahead of Mortensen on the depth chart and will receive playing time against ULM.

Surely the Hillis swicth wont happen till next year and is Casey that much better to waste his red shirt now? Is Huston just pulling out anything to make it look like he is doing something?
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

DOGALUM

Maybe I'm a little behind the times.....but isn't all this......figuring out what positions your players will play stuff suppossed to be taken care of during spring ball and pre-season practices?  I understand they're only rumors at this point..but if there is any truth to them, it will be yet another in a long line of "what the hell are they doing up there?" moves under this regime.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: SardisHogIs Huston just pulling out anything to make it look like he is doing something?

Seeing how this will probably be his last year here, what does he (personally) have to lose?

Hillis is not an every down back, that much is clear especially with F Jones & McFadden available, but moving him to full-time defense would just be idiotic in my book.

As far as that QB stuff goes, does it even matter at this point?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

DOGALUM

Hey Lando.......FYI.......in your picture, there is a receiver that's not covered.  You should probably let someone know to cover that guy or at least call a quick timeout to make an adjustment.  Just thought I'd let you know.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

razorback44

Quote from: SardisHog on October 01, 2005, 02:10:13 am
Quote from: WooPig85 on October 01, 2005, 01:53:08 am
Their has been some breaking news and several rumors circulating amongst many Razorback fans.

1st- (and this is a fact)- Freshman receiver Rod Coleman is having his redshirt removed to replace the injured Chris Baker.

2nd- There is a rumor that Peyton Hillis is switching to LB and will play his new position against ULM.

3rd- There is another rumor that Cole Barthel has been cut and freshman QB Casey Dick has had his redshirt removed. I heard that he may even move ahead of Mortensen on the depth chart and will receive playing time against ULM.

Surely the Hillis swicth wont happen till next year and is Casey that much better to waste his red shirt now? Is Huston just pulling out anything to make it look like he is doing something?

Not a suprise to me about Dick, according to my friend on the team, Dick is by far the second best QB on the team, the only thing he is lacking is a knowledge of the playbook and audibles that RJ has, due to his experience of three years.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

PorcineSublime

They won't "cut" Barthel, he is not a scholarship pplayer and it is not costing them anything except his hotel and eats on the road. Hilis will not play LB this year if ever. Reggie told him maybe next year. Houston has not weighed in except to make Hillis off limits to the media this week. 
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 01, 2005, 02:22:43 am
Hey Lando.......FYI.......in your picture, there is a receiver that's not covered. You should probably let someone know to cover that guy or at least call a quick timeout to make an adjustment. Just thought I'd let you know.

Yeah, the defense needs to be careful - i mean, what if that guy actually scores a touchdown or something and puts the game away?  Wouldn't that suck.

Bacon out...