Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you guys remember the "Triplets"?

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, September 30, 2005, 09:39:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

The class that Nutt had on 01 had Andrews and Jones in it, we already had Cobbs.  I would compare that football talent to the basketball talent of Brewer, Moncried, and Delph.  Eddie took that team to a 26-1 season and then took them to the final four the next year.  Nutt took his guys to a 9-5 year. 

Fire Nutt

JIHawg

Uh, simple math.  Triplets on a basketball team is 60% of the team.  Triplets on a football team is 14% of the team.  To make an equal comparison, you would need 13 or 14 football players the caliber of Moncrief, Brewer, and Delph.  That's 13 or 14 NFL players. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JIHawg on September 30, 2005, 09:45:19 pm
Uh, simple math. Triplets on a basketball team is 60% of the team. Triplets on a football team is 14% of the team. To make an equal comparison, you would need 13 or 14 football players the caliber of Moncrief, Brewer, and Delph. That's 13 or 14 NFL players.

Well we had Peters, Batman, Talley, Richard Smith, Tony Bua, Crowder, Ken Hamlin, Lawrece Richardson.  That is about enough?  9-5 was a great underachievement by a very good team no matter how much you want to make excuses for your boy Nutt. So J, I guess you didn't do very well in math?

JIHawg

Alright, I count 8 that you came up with.  Now if you could have had six more NFL players on that team, I would venture to bet they would have gone around 11 and 1, about as good as Eddie did.  By the way, how many gimmie games did Eddie coach that year?  I bet he had a lot higher percentage of those than Nutt did.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JIHawg on September 30, 2005, 09:54:28 pm
Alright, I count 8 that you came up with. Now if you could have had six more NFL players on that team, I would venture to bet they would have gone around 11 and 1, about as good as Eddie did. By the way, how many gimmie games did Eddie coach that year? I bet he had a lot higher percentage of those than Nutt did.

So you think those three were to only players on Eddies team?  You Nutt apologist make me sick. Eddie subed a lot so your argument doesn't hold water, also you have to play both sides of the ball in B ball.  So I would say that would make 3 or 5 equal to about 6 of 11 or at the most 12 players total. Like I said you are not very good at math Nutt head. I came up with 11.

Porquemada

I've got triplet sisters. Does that count? :o

RazorRedneck

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 30, 2005, 09:39:14 pm
The class that Nutt had on 01 had Andrews and Jones in it, we already had Cobbs. I would compare that football talent to the basketball talent of Brewer, Moncried, and Delph. Eddie took that team to a 26-1 season and then took them to the final four the next year. Nutt took his guys to a 9-5 year.

Fire Nutt

Your reaching

whatsshakinbacon

Football v. Basketball comparisons just don't work - apples and pineapples my friend.

Bacon out...

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

corndo

The bottom line is that the 2003 team did not live up to expectations.

B Ray