Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What damn difference does it make...

Started by PigMan, September 30, 2005, 03:10:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigMan

September 30, 2005, 03:10:25 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 03:13:25 pm by PigMan
We can huddle up all we want and everyone can have their say, but it is not going to make one "smidgen"  bit of difference. Its all about the money that can be made in this game or that and that bowl or the other.  As fans we are like the old poor class of ancient times.  Say what you want it "ain't" going to change until the mucky muck royals kings decide it will.  ITS ABOUT THE MONEY!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY.  The lore of Razorback football is now a ruse.  I for one am quite tired of going over it again and again and again.  There is no point.

GorillaJMonsoon

Don't give up yet!  So what, the little fans are the underdogs, but I always root for the underdog.  The little fan CAN make a difference.  You can get pissed, just don't get depressed and quit.  chin up!

krack1925

I have been thinking about that....  I seems to me that we all do get a say.  We can not go to games.  How they they have season tickets set up would make it difficalt for alot of you to just not renew and start back at the top.  So it seems to be that the only people that can make the point are the non-"hardcore" fans.  You know the fair weather fans that you all scoff at.  IF they stop showiung up then something will happen.  Lets say the attendance drops by 10,000.  10K * 35 bucks * 4 games.  well that is 1.4 mill.  The guys who have only been ST holders for a year or two could  also help.  IF that is the only thing JFB understands then this is the only action that makes since.  I just moved back to Arkansas and I am not a ST holder.  Guess what I am not going to be until something changes.  I am not going to waste my money on a team that is not putting for an effort.  Not going to do it.  I am a broke guy and I can put the money to good use.  Never been a big B-ball fan but I might try that next... If that dosn't do it there is always Baseball....

GorillaJMonsoon

Right,

I have been buying tickets from my friend since he has had season tickets for a while, but lately I was going to start getting them myself so I could move up the ladder, but now Im going to wait, and my friend said he's not buying them anymore until this situation gets worked out.  He almost quit back when kentucky beat us in Fayetteville in the rain, but changed his mind later.  This time he is serious. 

hogsanity

how much revenue from ticket sales and concessions would we have to lose to turn the FB program into the red,losing $.  We get so much from our cut of the sec $ that we could lose alot of ticket sales and still make $ at Fb
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GorillaJMonsoon

I guess about as many people as would defect to become ASU fans if we started playing them regularly.  That seems to scare Frank pretty bad.

Biggus Piggus

Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to 10 days; even if God in Heaven above points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man, woman and child joined hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good-looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk (or Vandy, or USC, or Alabama) because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or if we lose.

It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
[CENSORED]!

krack1925

I figure JFB is just as greedy as the next guy..... We are not going in the red but I figure if us sucking cost the program a mil or more he would fix it or the BOT would fix him..... Linsey don't like Nutt that much..... 

And as far as it just not mattering.... I disaggree.  If I didn't I might as well go root for LSWho or Tesass.
I am not there yet.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 30, 2005, 04:11:28 pm
Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to 10 days; even if God in Heaven above points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man, woman and child joined hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good-looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk (or Vandy, or USC, or Alabama) because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or if we lose.

It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!
It just doesn't matter!

I had a crush on Kristen Debell after that movie came out. Whatever happened to her?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

TulsaHawg

Quote from: krack1925 on September 30, 2005, 04:24:07 pm
I figure JFB is just as greedy as the next guy..... We are not going in the red but I figure if us sucking cost the program a mil or more he would fix it or the BOT would fix him..... Linsey don't like Nutt that much.....

And as far as it just not mattering.... I disaggree. If I didn't I might as well go root for LSWho or Tesass.
I am not there yet.

It costs us a "mill or more" to play games in LR as opposed to  RRS, yet we do it.

krack1925

And what does JFB think about that that...  It seems to me he started the great staduim debate

TulsaHawg

Quote from: krack1925 on September 30, 2005, 04:38:32 pm
And what does JFB think about that that... It seems to me he started the great staduim debate

What does JFB think about playing in the Rock and not making as much money?  I believe he thinks it is politically expedient to do so.

BuschHawg

Maybe we've finally reached the point where a pro FB team could prosper in Little Rock.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: BuschHawg on September 30, 2005, 05:54:40 pm
Maybe we've finally reached the point where a pro FB team could prosper in Little Rock.
No chance in Hades. Outside an AFL II team, the population is just too small. Jacksonville is struggling because their market is too small. It is about four times what the LR market would be.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

pignatious

I think it would make a difference if the common fan stopped going to the games. It would put a significant dent in the U of A coffers. Also, if the fans this season who already have season tickets and are going to go anyway would wear something like a bag over their head, or a pink t-shirt, or a Fire HDN shirt the national media would see that and that would cause JFB some embarrassment. Booing during the game for bad calls (hmm, that's like every one) should be done regularly and often. I hate saying these things, but things have got to change! People need to be heard on this. It should be made clear to everyone that there is more than 5% of upset Hog fans with HDN.
Freedom is never free.

PigMan

September 30, 2005, 06:58:48 pm #15 Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 06:52:52 am by HoopHog
When I read that Broyles had said Nutt was exactly what we need it finally came clear to me what it was all about.  I know also that some of what is coming out of Broyes mouth is due to his age, but what the hell. There are people that are in charge that could make a difference, but they apparently are on point with their agendas, cashflow. I used to work in a firm that preached a family atmosphere constantly.  It became apparent after some happenings that it was all a big front.  That is what the Razorback thing is as dished out to us from the Hill, a front.  It really pisses me off because I bought into that crap for 1/2 a century.  I am really really hurt as a big important thing in my life has lost its direction.

Broyles is idolized because the aurora aura or impression is that he was a great coach in his time.  I was in school in his time and I know first hand that on the practice field he did very little coaching except to interfer in an assistance teaching on occasion.  I personally have heard his assistants say in response to his yelling something out of the stands, "I just wish he would shut to hell up."  Does that sound like a great coach to you?  He was a good deligator but he was not in any sense a great coach.