Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batman's early non. conf. b-ball preditions..post yours here!

Started by batmanfan, September 30, 2005, 12:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

I'm gonnna go ahead and give out my annual preditions that I do everyyear.  For one post only though, instead of going glom and doom like always, I'm gonna be postive about the questions on this team.  So in my predictions Chalres Thomas will be the player he was last non. conf. season, McCurdy and Cranford will give us outside shooting and McCurdy will also provide solid PG play in the likes of Mich. St. and Gonzaga's frosh. PG's last year.  Also, Stan Heath can coach in these predictions...here goes.

Portland St.-  Who?  Hogs win tis one as a tuneup for Maui. WIN

Maui Invitational:

UConn-  I'm calling upset on this one...UConn has no proven PG left after Williams and Price have be suspended, so I say stick E-Ferg on the guy and cuase turnover after turnover.  I can't wait to see Brew and Townes vs. Gay and Boone.  These teams look VERY similar with depth at most positions.  Early season upsets always happen so I'm calling this one.  WIN

Arizona-  Another great matchup.  Zona is loaded at guard and forward postions but weak inside.  Townes could go for 20.  Look out for Hassan Adams, another reat test for the Brew man.  I see a very close game but with Zona pulling it out.  They always do very well at the beginning of the year.  Loss

Gonzaga-  I'm predicting we play the Zags in the 3rd place game.  Ronnie gets another test this time against Adam Morrison.  The Zags always play tough and always seem focused...another close one but I see the Zags pulling it out.  Loss

2-2 so far after four games, but no one should be upset.

Radford-  Hogs are back home and put it on Radford.  WIN

Southern Miss-  Estuachy should go ahead and start drinkin up cause this one is over before it starts.  WIN

Missouri-  Missouri is back in the Bud and with less talent.  We have there number and it'll continue this year.  WIN

Texas St.-  Cupcake.  WIN

Missouri St.-  Cupcake.  WIN

Rice-  Hogs beat an old foe in Alltel.  WIN

Texas Tech-  Hogs should have the home crowd once again like the old days in Dallas.  Knight is a great coach and has great guard and sf's, but nothing inside and questionable at point.  Overall we have more talent.  WIN

Texas -Pan American-  Aren't they ussualy and exibition team we play?  Hmm.  WIN

Western Illinois-  Last warmup game before the SEC.  WIN

I see us going 11-2 in non. conf., but I also think we can go 2-1 in Maui but we could also lose to Texass Tech.  Can the Hogs keep it up during conference play?  I'll tell ya next week!

What do you guys think about the non. con.f season this year?

BAT

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hogsanity

if they are worse than 10-3 Heath may not survive the rest of the season.  THis is a team that will still be very fragile.  A couple early losses or even close games against cupcakes and the same quitter mentality could re-surface. 

Also,  as an aside, I doubt Modica finishes the year.  If the other players on the team step up, then his playing time will agian shrink, and he will just walk away. 

I say 10-3
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

idochog

I love Jesus!

Fletch

I say 11-2 is a real possibility and I think we will upset someone in Maui. I predict 10 and 6 in conference and an NCAA tourney appearance.
I feel like $100

Bomis Hawg

11-2 is ideal.  I do, however, think 10-3 is more realistic than 12-1.  But, I agree with Batman.  Missouri is not good, but Texas Tech (even on a neutral court) should be tough.  USM is usually a decent team, should be again.  As long as they don't lose to them like Nolan did his last season (think it was his last).

I think Kansas could beat Arizona, though.  They are loaded with Frosh.  We'll see.  I don't think Arkansas goes 2-0 to start.  1-1 is capable.

sofullofwayne

Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

HawgWild

Quote from: hogsanity on September 30, 2005, 12:59:56 pm
if they are worse than 10-3 Heath may not survive the rest of the season. THis is a team that will still be very fragile. A couple early losses or even close games against cupcakes and the same quitter mentality could re-surface.

Also, as an aside, I doubt Modica finishes the year. If the other players on the team step up, then his playing time will agian shrink, and he will just walk away.

I say 10-3

Fragile? Hardly. I also don't think that Stan's job is in any jeopardy. This team will make some noise this year and should finish strong.

10-3 sounds solid enough, but I do like the sound of 12-1.

hawkeyefan17

You have Missouri State down as a CUPCAKE win. I hardly think Missouri State is a cupcake. The Missouri Valley is a very good conference and Missouri State shoiuld finish in the top half of that conference. I remember the days of marking down wins as a Hawkeye fan before the season started over Northern Iowa, Drake and usually Creighton or another Missouri Valley team. This is not the case any more.

I am not saying Arkansas will loose to Missouri State but be careful not do discount them.