Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Razorback Red?

Started by Droid, September 30, 2005, 10:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Droid

September 30, 2005, 10:58:28 am Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 11:40:08 am by Droid
Last night my girlfriend Diane and I were talking about what is Razorback Red.  According to the media guide we are Cardnial Red (PMS 200), I guess the PMS 200 is the pigmentation.  Anyhow think about this.  Over the years the shade of red worn in Football, Basketball, Baseball and I'm assuming in the lesser sports too has all been different.  Diane's father played Basketball of the Hogs back in the late 50s and early 60s and each of his jerseys are a different shade of red.  When you go to a game look around at the people wearing t-shirts even they're a different shade of red, now I know that some shirts fade after washing them but I'm talking about a brand new shirt, say you buy one at Wal-Mart and the same style of shirt is at the Campus Bookstore but only its a different shade of Red.  So is there truly a Razorback Red or is the thinking if its Red its Razorback Red.  Something to ponder over the weekend.  Everbody have a good weekend I'm out of here.

Droid

HogDodging

It's bright red.  Think of the red on the Dodge Viper.  Better yet, just look at a male cardinal.
For some reason, I'm seeing more and more Mississippi State or Texass Aggie maroon shirts in the stands with Razorback logos on them.  My brother has a windbreaker like that and I keep telling him that's not the correct color.  He says as long as it is some type of red with a Hog on it, that makes it Razorback red.

Buck Ocean

QuoteIt's bright red.  Think of the red on the Dodge Viper.  Better yet, just look at a male cardinal.
For some reason, I'm seeing more and more Mississippi State or Texass Aggie maroon shirts in the stands with Razorback logos on them.  My brother has a windbreaker like that and I keep telling him that's not the correct color.  He says as long as it is some type of red with a Hog on it, that makes it Razorback red.

"it's that Hog on that helmet.....that's what it's about"
Think like a Jedi

Anti-OtisII

Whatever JFB says it is.....or Jim Lindsey tells him what it is.

BushHawg

my buddy and I talked about this at the Bama game because he's a Bama fan and they've got the same problem.  I see LSU stuff around here that almost looks blue sometimes.  I think it's just because any fool with a screen printing machine can throw a logo on something and try to sell it so that's why you end up with the Missy St. maroons and such.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Coacht

"I guess the PMS 200 is the pigmentation"

PMS = Pantone Matching System #200
73.9% Rubine Red, 24.6% Yellow, and 1.5% Black

Oh, I'm a printer
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

sofullofwayne

In all clarity, everybody's red is like that. Multi-colored red. It all depends on the outfit/clothing company I guess.

The dark red you see on shirts, clothes and other items representing the Hogs comes from, IMHO, the mid-90s when we had those jerseys where when the guys sweat, it turned dark. Or when we had the dark red stripe on our basketball shorts. Hell, Arkansas is known for changing outfits and styles every year so who really knows. Whatever sells.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...