Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pivitol time for Hogs.

Started by kennyr71, September 30, 2005, 08:32:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyr71

I am highly disappointed with the losses, but I'm a Hog fan to the end.  Even though I hated Danny Ford with a passion, Never, and I mean never, and shall I say again NEVER did I or would I ever hope the Hogs would lose.  Today is no different.  Nutt has dropped the ball, but there is no way I could ever force myself to hope for a loss just to replace the coach.
I do believe we are at a critical time period concerning recruiting and the current players on the roster.  If I was a potential recruit, I would take fan support into consideration.  Is it wise to hope that a coaching change will cause recruits to overlook fan support?
When the season is over, let the flood gates open, until then I will hope for victory and show my support.

HogginTheHeadlines

Quote from: kennyr71 on September 30, 2005, 08:32:20 am
I am highly disappointed with the losses, but I'm a Hog fan to the end. Even though I hated Danny Ford with a passion, Never, and I mean never, and shall I say again NEVER did I or would I ever hope the Hogs would lose. Today is no different. Nutt has dropped the ball, but there is no way I could ever force myself to hope for a loss just to replace the coach.
I do believe we are at a critical time period concerning recruiting and the current players on the roster. If I was a potential recruit, I would take fan support into consideration. Is it wise to hope that a coaching change will cause recruits to overlook fan support?
When the season is over, let the flood gates open, until then I will hope for victory and show my support.

I hope LaMo beats his sorry ass like a kettle drum.......

That way, either JFB fires him or the whole athletic deprtment dies from embarrasment......

Either way, we can move on and get a real coach.

kennyr71

Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 30, 2005, 08:58:48 am

That way, either JFB fires him or the whole athletic deprtment dies from embarrasment......

By chance does your name begin with Danny and end with Ford?
Hmmmm.

HogginTheHeadlines

Quote from: kennyr71 on September 30, 2005, 10:05:23 am
Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 30, 2005, 08:58:48 am

By chance does your name begin with Danny and end with Ford?
Hmmmm.

Nope. But I tell you what. I would take Danny Foprd back in a nano second oif it meant we were shed of Nuttless. Hell. I'd take back Jack Crowe. Joe Kines. Hugo Bedzlek. Anybody. Let Broyes come back. A stick.

Any-FRIGGIN'-body!

HighOnHogs

SuperHog

Would Nowin bring the tanks with him?  If so, maybe we could put the tanks on defense and actually stop someone.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

toshortrock

we;re only going to beat the div 2 schools and miss st. thats 3 wins fellows
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

jabohog

kennyr71, under normal circumstances fan support and coaching changes seem to coinside somewhat. This particular situation seems different to me than other times. I think the fan base is really divided up, with only wanting a change of some kind as the only common bond among the majority. Yet the Admin, doesn't seem to believe it, or doesn't believe it's at a critical state. The Aristocracy is sitting there looking at all their money and realizing their the only game in town, thinking the naves will just keep it coming in. This will probably be true for awhile, but eventually if failure of the team to win is the outcome for this attitude it will cause the revolt needed for change. I fear that irreparable damage may be done by the time this happens and recovery may not come for along time if ever. History shows many kingdoms fall from such behavior at the top, to never be again. The Auburn game should be some kind of turning point for the fan base as well as the team itself.

idochog

Quote from: jabohog on September 30, 2005, 12:42:53 pm
kennyr71, under normal circumstances fan support and coaching changes seem to coinside somewhat. This particular situation seems different to me than other times. I think the fan base is really divided up, with only wanting a change of some kind as the only common bond among the majority. Yet the Admin, doesn't seem to believe it, or doesn't believe it's at a critical state. The Aristocracy is sitting there looking at all their money and realizing their the only game in town, thinking the naves will just keep it coming in. This will probably be true for awhile, but eventually if failure of the team to win is the outcome for this attitude it will cause the revolt needed for change. I fear that irreparable damage may be done by the time this happens and recovery may not come for along time if ever. History shows many kingdoms fall from such behavior at the top, to never be again. The Auburn game should be some kind of turning point for the fan base as well as the team itself.

Yep HDN could lose alot of folks at the Auburn game, get rung up for another loss at RRS on TV again and you are gonna have some folks fuming.
I love Jesus!

Sound the Horns

I am highly disappointed with the losses, but I'm a Hog fan to the end. Even though I hated Danny Ford with a passion, Never, and I mean never, and shall I say again NEVER did I or would I ever hope the Hogs would lose. Today is no different. Nutt has dropped the ball, but there is no way I could ever force myself to hope for a loss just to replace the coach.
I do believe we are at a critical time period concerning recruiting and the current players on the roster. If I was a potential recruit, I would take fan support into consideration. Is it wise to hope that a coaching change will cause recruits to overlook fan support?
My question is how bad do we have to fail to get something done? None of us know yet and won't till the day it comes. If the difference between change and no change is a 2-9 season and a 4-7 season  then I'm all for the worse record so we can try something different. To me its the difference between bad and aweful and I will take the hit for some change.  I hate thinking that I want the hogs to lose but I need hope in the longrun.

idochog

Quote from: Sound the Horns on September 30, 2005, 01:39:23 pm
My question is how bad do we have to fail to get something done? None of us know yet and won't till the day it comes. If the difference between change and no change is a 2-9 season and a 4-7 season then I'm all for the worse record so we can try something different. To me its the difference between bad and aweful and I will take the hit for some change. I hate thinking that I want the hogs to lose but I need hope in the longrun.

Yep, Im with you on this, how much needs to happen before someone wakes up and recognizes HDN is not the one?  You can bet HDN will coach these last games trying to get to 5 or 6 wins b/c shamefully that will save him. 
I love Jesus!

Flatfoot

Anthrax scare for the University of Arkansas

Arkansas Razorbacks football practice was delayed nearly two hours
today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on
the practice field.

Head Coach Houston Nutt immediately suspended practice while police and
federal investigators were called to investigate. After a complete analysis,
FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the
players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely
to encounter the substance again

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.