Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anybody but me noticed..

Started by jkstock04, September 29, 2005, 10:45:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Seems to me talk show hosts will talk about how horrible one team is but the refuse to say anything negative about us....I heard someone say the other day about how Alabama is gonna get killed by Florida cause there really not all that good as their record shows...but then they will turn around and say the hogs were playing against one of the best if not the best defense in the SEC!!!!!  Its retarded to me...they'll talk crap about how bad other teams suck but its like they refuse to accept how bad we suck.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

dirty stanchez

I've noticed it too.

The sports writing in Arkansas is about as bad as the team is.

filthyswine

My question is this.  Why are we so surprised at how bad we are this year?  We lost Matt from a team that was 5-6 last year, and we really didn't have anyone to come in and take over.  I remember last year that everyone was saying how tough this year would be, but we suddenly became overly optimistic for some reason.  This is in no way a defense of Nutt, but I didn't expect us to be good this year, anyway.

lunchbox72703

well, in my opinion, if the writers don't slam the hogs.......good press is always better than bad press!!!  anyways, the internet boards make up for the difference.

hawkeyefan17

I have noticed this too. I guess it is hard for some people to be objective.

Feralhog

Quote from: filthyswine on September 30, 2005, 12:08:41 am
My question is this. Why are we so surprised at how bad we are this year? We lost Matt from a team that was 5-6 last year, and we really didn't have anyone to come in and take over. I remember last year that everyone was saying how tough this year would be, but we suddenly became overly optimistic for some reason. This is in no way a defense of Nutt, but I didn't expect us to be good this year, anyway.

The problem is, even during rebuilding years, we shouldn't be this bad.  Our expectations should be during our rebuilding phase, we go 7-4.  In other words, our rebuilding years should look like Nutt's good seasons!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

filthyswine

The problem is, even during rebuilding years, we shouldn't be this bad.  Our expectations should be during our rebuilding phase, we go 7-4.  In other words, our rebuilding years should look like Nutt's good seasons!

That's a good point.  What's the best season we've had in the last 15 years?  9 wins?  How many times have we FINISHED in the top 15 in that time?  Maybe twice?  That, to me, is the standard on how you judge your program.   

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Feralhog on September 30, 2005, 08:44:28 am
My question is this. Why are we so surprised at how bad we are this year? We lost Matt from a team that was 5-6 last year, and we really didn't have anyone to come in and take over. I remember last year that everyone was saying how tough this year would be, but we suddenly became overly optimistic for some reason. This is in no way a defense of Nutt, but I didn't expect us to be good this year, anyway.

How do you think OU's "rebuilding" year should look?

filthyswine

I hope it looks really bad, but they will probably have a 7 or 8 win season.  Better than ours for sure.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: TulsaHawg on September 30, 2005, 08:37:58 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on September 30, 2005, 08:44:28 am

The problem is, even during rebuilding years, we shouldn't be this bad. Our expectations should be during our rebuilding phase, we go 7-4. In other words, our rebuilding years should look like Nutt's good seasons!

How do you think OU's "rebuilding" year should look?

probably about the same in my opinion. 

Bacon out...