Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember Nutt saying that the offense was a "Easy fix"?

Started by Hog Bounty Hunter, September 29, 2005, 09:44:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Bounty Hunter

Well today he said not to expect any changes.  This guy continues to speak out of both sides of his mouth.

pioneerhog

Bounty does this really suprise you? We have only been hearing this for eight years now.

NuttsSacked

What don't you understand, Bounty?  Nutt has clearly stated that if each and every play is blocked to perfection...Touchdown Arkansas! 

Nutt just needs those ornery defenses to line up properly. 

pioneerhog

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on September 29, 2005, 10:00:54 pm
How about a sharp stick and some DIRT? ???
I have been wanting to find a picture of that to use as an aviater on here.

lerxst

If HDN were to win out this season, then all of Arkansas would sing his praises.  That would mean that all the naysayers would be speaking out of both sides of their mouths.  If the naysayers say they wouldn't, that's bologna!  Arkansas has the most fickle fans I've ever seen.  Basically what everyone is saying is that going 4 - 7 every year (a.k.a. - Jack Crowe and Danny Ford) is better than bowling or being mediocre.  Ok, Danny had a couple of winning years didn't he?  We could easily go backward with a new coach rather than forward.  Oh yeah, ya'll are going to say we are going backwards.  Wait and see my message board posters.  Wait and see. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: lerxst on September 29, 2005, 10:11:27 pm
If HDN were to win out this season, then all of Arkansas would sing his praises. That would mean that all the naysayers would be speaking out of both sides of their mouths. If the naysayers say they wouldn't, that's bologna! Arkansas has the most fickle fans I've ever seen. Basically what everyone is saying is that going 4 - 7 every year (a.k.a. - Jack Crowe and Danny Ford) is better than bowling or being mediocre. Ok, Danny had a couple of winning years didn't he? We could easily go backward with a new coach rather than forward. Oh yeah, ya'll are going to say we are going backwards. Wait and see my message board posters. Wait and see.

Sure we could easily go backward.  There are no guarantees in life.  Roll the freakin' dice.  

The question is simple: is it a risk worth taking? 

Fortune favors the bold, not the conservative. The absolute worst reason for not making a change in any aspect of life is fear. 

NuttsSacked

If HDN were to win out this season, then all of Arkansas would sing his praises. That would mean that all the naysayers would be speaking out of both sides of their mouths. If the naysayers say they wouldn't, that's bologna! Arkansas has the most fickle fans I've ever seen. Basically what everyone is saying is that going 4 - 7 every year (a.k.a. - Jack Crowe and Danny Ford) is better than bowling or being mediocre. Ok, Danny had a couple of winning years didn't he? We could easily go backward with a new coach rather than forward. Oh yeah, ya'll are going to say we are going backwards. Wait and see my message board posters. Wait and see.

That's right.  Call me fickle since '02, Newbie.

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: lerxst on September 29, 2005, 10:23:58 pm
Okay, you're fickle since '02.

Isn't it past your bedtime?  If not, it should be.  Because you come up with some of the dumbest crap at this hour.

And by the way, your village called and said they are missing their idiot.

lerxst

I'm just fishin' and it's obviously working.  You're dumb enough to respond to anything I post. 

Boarcephus

Wilson, your post reminded me of reasons why some people stay in a bad marriage.   Hate who they're with, they think, but are not sure, they can do better.  One thing is certain and that's they're not going to take a chance because they damn sure don't want to be alone.   One pitiful position to be in and it sounds just like our current football situation.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GorillaJMonsoon

I love it! you should print the lyrics and pass them out at games.

PorcineSublime

If HDN were to win out this season, then all of Arkansas would sing his praises.  That would mean that all the naysayers would be speaking out of both sides of their mouths.  If the naysayers say they wouldn't, that's bologna!  Arkansas has the most fickle fans I've ever seen.  Basically what everyone is saying is that going 4 - 7 every year (a.k.a. - Jack Crowe and Danny Ford) is better than bowling or being mediocre.  Ok, Danny had a couple of winning years didn't he?  We could easily go backward with a new coach rather than forward.  Oh yeah, ya'll are going to say we are going backwards.  Wait and see my message board posters.  Wait and see. 
No, most of us would be more pissed, because we would realize that if he could beat all those teams, then he certainly could have taken out Vandy and Bama and we could be 11-1. It is less about W-L and more about playing to the talent level you have, and having the talent you need. If this was year two and we were at this spot, I would say give the man a chance. If it were year eight and we had just come off a SEC championship year and had lost 17 starting players to graduation, I would say give the man a chance. We have neither, we have never reached the pinnacle, and we are going backwards in development. We have backed into the SECCG and have an anal sodomization followed by a minor bowl loss to a mid level Big Ten team to show for it. I can't see any progress toward anything except mediocrity at this point. It took me a long time to jump the bandwagon, and I'll be danged if I jump back on just because we  might pull a win out of our butt against a less than stellar Aubbie team.JMO   
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HogginTheHeadlines

Nutt says a lot of crap. None of it makes sense. Why would you expect him to start now?

GorillaJMonsoon

What Nutt meant by the "Easy fix" was that we have a bye week followed by a directional school from Louisiana which should improve our numbers.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 30, 2005, 07:25:01 am
Wilson, your post reminded me of reasons why some people stay in a bad marriage.   Hate who they're with, they think, but are not sure, they can do better.  One thing is certain and that's they're not going to take a chance because they damn sure don't want to be alone.   One pitiful position to be in and it sounds just like our current football situation.
Geez, Boar hope your wife doesn't read that the wrong way. You sure don't want to be in Destin next year alone and broke. ;)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

DOGALUM

While listening to Press Row this morning, they played a soundbite from HDN making ANOTHER stupid statement. 

He tried to use South Carolina's lack of pass offense against Bama to justify ours. 

Something to the effect of..."Hey....Bama's got a great defense.  Everyone talks about how Coach Spurrier is such a passing guru.. and look how hard of a time he had passing the ball against that defense."

Now that is just rediciulous.  I tried to call in, but got busy signal.  I promise you when/if Spurrier is at SC in his 8th year...he will have much more success passing the ball than we did. :puke:
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

idochog

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 30, 2005, 12:48:16 pm
While listening to Press Row this morning, they played a soundbite from HDN making ANOTHER stupid statement.

He tried to use South Carolina's lack of pass offense against Bama to justify ours.

Something to the effect of..."Hey....Bama's got a great defense. Everyone talks about how Coach Spurrier is such a passing guru.. and look how hard of a time he had passing the ball against that defense."

Now that is just rediciulous. I tried to call in, but got busy signal. I promise you when/if Spurrier is at SC in his 8th year...he will have much more success passing the ball than we did. :puke:

Spurrier will soon convert HDN to his whipping boy that is if he can continue to kiss Lindseys rear in order to keep him employed here.
I love Jesus!

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorcineSublime on September 30, 2005, 12:39:43 pm

Geez, Boar hope your wife doesn't read that the wrong way. You sure don't want to be in Destin next year alone and broke. ;)

Porcine, taking that sweet young thing to Hawaii here in a 2-3 weeks.  Going to celebrate 25 years in style.   The way the hurricanes have been centerpunching the gulf coast, can't really count on Destin still being there!  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.