Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am staring to hope for one of 3 things

Started by hogsanity, September 29, 2005, 02:04:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

1.  HDn gets canned, Butch is hired and we still dont do better than 8-4 in any of his seasons, thus proving it aint all coaching since he has been knighted as Coaching genius by those who want HDN gone, or......

2.  We fire HDn, Davis says screw you I aint coming here, we end up with Joe Schmoe OC from Idaho St and proceed to go 1-11 the next 4 years meanwhile HDN gets hired by someone in CONf USA or Big East and proceeds to go to 6 str8 bowls again.

Actually I like the 3rd option better

3.  HDN stays, Herring signs a great defensive class, the o gets MM plus some linemen and a couple WR We win the West next yr and win the Sec Title in 07 or 08

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Macgyver_Hawg

It's finally clear to me you aren't a real Razorback fan.  You want a coach to be fired and the Hogs suck so you can say I told you so ?

Perhaps you can start a movement to have Houston Nutt replace the Hog on the helmet.

jabohog

Hey dude, wake up, wake up!! Man you was talking some strange crap in your sleep.

Razorback Jedi

September 29, 2005, 02:12:10 pm #3 Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 02:18:03 pm by Razorback Jedi
All I hope for is a winning football program year-in and year-out with the shot at a SEC championship every couple of years. If that means that we hire Trev Alberts as our coach, and he brings that to the Hog football program....so be it.

hogsanity

Did any of you read which one I actually liked.  THE ONE WHERE WE WIN.  THe other two are simply what I think might happen if HDN is fired.  If we win the West next yr with Big REd as coach, thats fine with me. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sound the Horns

Quote from: hogsanity on September 29, 2005, 02:04:14 pm
1. HDn gets canned, Butch is hired and we still dont do better than 8-4 in any of his seasons, thus proving it aint all coaching since he has been knighted as Coaching genius by those who want HDN gone, or......

2. We fire HDn, Davis says screw you I aint coming here, we end up with Joe Schmoe OC from Idaho St and proceed to go 1-11 the next 4 years meanwhile HDN gets hired by someone in CONf USA or Big East and proceeds to go to 6 str8 bowls again.

3. HDN stays, Herring signs a great defensive class, the o gets MM plus some linemen and a couple WR We win the West next yr and win the Sec Title in 07 or 08

The changes we want to make aren't going to help us over the next 3 or 4 years but in the longrun. If Butch decides to come and we can Nutt, we won't know if it was the right choice for atleast 5 years or so. We've given Nutt a nice grace period , our next coach should get the same.

Feralhog

With the two stud frosh RB's returning and Mustain coming, we are gonna have a shot at making some big time noise in the near future.  We've got to get a coach in here who can properly dissect recruiting needs so as to compliment this explosive talent we have at the major skill positions.  If Nutt sticks around, I can see a repeat of 03, with the possible exception of not just blowing 1 good season, he could frick up 2 or 3. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Feralhog

Am I the only one who feels like Dean Wormer just dropped by to inform us that we've been on "double secret probation" since the beginning of the semester?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on September 29, 2005, 02:14:05 pm
Did any of you read which one I actually liked. THE ONE WHERE WE WIN. THe other two are simply what I think might happen if HDN is fired. If we win the West next yr with Big REd as coach, thats fine with me.

No, you said you are starting to hope that if Nutt is fired, it turns out to be a disaster for Arkansas football. Why would you ever hope that?  Just so you could say you were right?  How good would that feel?  It wouldn't be worth darn.  I don't feel good at all about having predicted correctly, back on signing day 2003, that Nutt was steering the program aground and that it would start in 2004.  I keep looking for signs to inspire new hope.  You should be a fan of the Razorbacks not some particular coach who will always be smaller than the program.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 29, 2005, 02:27:32 pm
Did any of you read which one I actually liked. THE ONE WHERE WE WIN. THe other two are simply what I think might happen if HDN is fired. If we win the West next yr with Big REd as coach, thats fine with me.

No, you said you are starting to hope that if Nutt is fired, it turns out to be a disaster for Arkansas football. Why would you ever hope that? Just so you could say you were right? How good would that feel? It wouldn't be worth Shiite. I don't feel good at all about having predicted correctly, back on signing day 2003, that Nutt was steering the program aground and that it would start in 2004. I keep looking for signs to inspire new hope. You should be a fan of the Razorbacks not some particular coach who will always be smaller than the program.

Well Biggus, you are wrong.  I wan the hogs to win.  I just happen to think it happens quicker with HDN not hiring someone else and starting over.  I also do not beleive that Fayetteville is some MEcca waiting to be uncovered.  I dont care if Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi somehwo merge and come back from the beyond, getting top flight talent here is goignto be next to impossible.  Mostof the HDn detractors do not want to acknowledge to things

1.  In state talent is usually over rated because they play crappy teams more often than not.  And what SEC talent USUALLY exists are at RB and WR. 

2.  THere are 30 schools just as good in facilities fans area conference etc.  There are only so many difference makers to go around.  Other than Davis ( and only because of his AR ties ) I dont think any big name coach, the kind needed to get kids to come here on name and rep alone, will coach here to start with.  Name one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch. 

SultanofSwine

idochog

1. HDn gets canned, Butch is hired and we still dont do better than 8-4 in any of his seasons, thus proving it aint all coaching since he has been knighted as Coaching genius by those who want HDN gone, or......

2. We fire HDn, Davis says screw you I aint coming here, we end up with Joe Schmoe OC from Idaho St and proceed to go 1-11 the next 4 years meanwhile HDN gets hired by someone in CONf USA or Big East and proceeds to go to 6 str8 bowls again.

3. HDN stays, Herring signs a great defensive class, the o gets MM plus some linemen and a couple WR We win the West next yr and win the Sec Title in 07 or 08

Sounds like to me you are Nutthugger not a Hog fan
I love Jesus!

geoffhog

September 29, 2005, 02:47:10 pm #12 Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 02:51:21 pm by geoffhog
Quote from: hogsanity on September 29, 2005, 02:37:38 pm

No, you said you are starting to hope that if Nutt is fired, it turns out to be a disaster for Arkansas football. Why would you ever hope that? Just so you could say you were right? How good would that feel? It wouldn't be worth Shiite. I don't feel good at all about having predicted correctly, back on signing day 2003, that Nutt was steering the program aground and that it would start in 2004. I keep looking for signs to inspire new hope. You should be a fan of the Razorbacks not some particular coach who will always be smaller than the program.

Well Biggus, you are wrong. I wan the hogs to win. I just happen to think it happens quicker with HDN not hiring someone else and starting over. I also do not beleive that Fayetteville is some MEcca waiting to be uncovered. I dont care if Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi somehwo merge and come back from the beyond, getting top flight talent here is goignto be next to impossible. Mostof the HDn detractors do not want to acknowledge to things

1. In state talent is usually over rated because they play crappy teams more often than not. And what SEC talent USUALLY exists are at RB and WR.

2. THere are 30 schools just as good in facilities fans area conference etc. There are only so many difference makers to go around. Other than Davis ( and only because of his AR ties ) I dont think any big name coach, the kind needed to get kids to come here on name and rep alone, will coach here to start with. Name one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch.

Hogsanity...good post...it was obvious the moment I read the post you were trying to make a point and not actually wanting the hogs to lose. What you said about what would happen if we fired Nutt is right on. Allowing Nutt time to finish building what he started with these last two classes is our best chance to get to championship level. I would disagree with one thing, however, I think it is possible to get plenty of SEC talent here, although it is more difficult than at some other SEC schools. I would suggest next time going a little lighter on the sarcasm and make your posts simpler so the haters can understand them.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

hogsanity

Quote from: idochog on September 29, 2005, 02:41:44 pm

Nope.  I just believe there are LOTS of problems for UA FB, and that HDN may be one of them, but not the most pressing.  I think JFB should leave, John White should keep his fingers out of things he doesnt understand, and we better tear down the fence around the state because kids cant get in.

RebelliousHog

QuoteName one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch.

While I can't agree with everything hoginsanity has to say, I DO agree with this. Getting a topflight big time coach to come here wioll be hard.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

JDW

I still don't get it. I'm a Hog fan and I don't want options 1 or 2 to either happen. So why post'em as a fan and state "I'm starting to hope for one of 3 things?"

"Of the 3 things that could happen, I choose #3."

I don't want to see HDN gone either but if he goes I hope the best for teh new coach coming in so our program is not hurting more.

John

Jim Harris

The other admins and mods may not agree with me here, but I'm about this close to banning your ass for starting some outright stupid threads.

Just kidding, a little. Keep 'em coming. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

JD Hogg

Quote from: idochog on September 29, 2005, 02:41:44 pm

I prefer to call them nuttsuckers because they've been suckered by the UCS.

yraciv

OC at Idaho St. is Bruce Barnham, and they average over 30 ppg.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: maintube on September 29, 2005, 02:49:58 pm
QuoteName one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch.

While I can't agree with everything hoginsanity has to say, I DO agree with this. Getting a topflight big time coach to come here wioll be hard.

How do you know?  The job has never been open with our new facilities and with Broyles opening up the checkbook.
If Frank wants to hire the yard sale way then, yes, we will have the same record.

Why is Arkansas the only school who cannot pass the ball?  This even went on when we had Matt.
At the rate this circus is going, having to look for someone if Butch doesn't come isn't scaring me one bit.
What are you afraid of, not having a winning season or going to a bowl game?  oops

rathog1

I got one word for your type of fan.

LOSER
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

DirkPiggler

"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

UAbandalum

September 29, 2005, 06:33:48 pm #22 Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 06:19:08 am by UAbandalum

While you're at it, why not just hope for Houston to get charged with the Kennedy assassination . . . . . . :)

NuttsSacked

Hope all you want.  That great defensive class is nowhere in sight.  In fact, L.T. Walker, another blue-chip, in-state prospect (Wynne) is now considered a longshot.

Quit hoping and "thinking?" so much and present some facts every blue moon.  From now on, I will recognize you as lil' Wally.   

MarieHogFan

Well Biggus, you are wrong.  I wan the hogs to win.  I just happen to think it happens quicker with HDN not hiring someone else and starting over.  I also do not beleive that Fayetteville is some MEcca waiting to be uncovered.  I dont care if Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi somehwo merge and come back from the beyond, getting top flight talent here is goignto be next to impossible.  Mostof the HDn detractors do not want to acknowledge to things

1.  In state talent is usually over rated because they play crappy teams more often than not.  And what SEC talent USUALLY exists are at RB and WR. 

2.  THere are 30 schools just as good in facilities fans area conference etc.  There are only so many difference makers to go around.  Other than Davis ( and only because of his AR ties ) I dont think any big name coach, the kind needed to get kids to come here on name and rep alone, will coach here to start with.  Name one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch. 

Seems to me that you should change your name to Crawfish.

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: geoffhog on September 29, 2005, 02:47:10 pm

Well Biggus, you are wrong. I wan the hogs to win. I just happen to think it happens quicker with HDN not hiring someone else and starting over. I also do not beleive that Fayetteville is some MEcca waiting to be uncovered. I dont care if Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi somehwo merge and come back from the beyond, getting top flight talent here is goignto be next to impossible. Mostof the HDn detractors do not want to acknowledge to things

1. In state talent is usually over rated because they play crappy teams more often than not. And what SEC talent USUALLY exists are at RB and WR.

2. THere are 30 schools just as good in facilities fans area conference etc. There are only so many difference makers to go around. Other than Davis ( and only because of his AR ties ) I dont think any big name coach, the kind needed to get kids to come here on name and rep alone, will coach here to start with. Name one coach who has a big enough rep that you think we have a LEGIT shot at siging if and when HDN leaves, other than Butch.

Hogsanity...good post...it was obvious the moment I read the post you were trying to make a point and not actually wanting the hogs to lose. What you said about what would happen if we fired Nutt is right on. Allowing Nutt time to finish building what he started with these last two classes is our best chance to get to championship level. I would disagree with one thing, however, I think it is possible to get plenty of SEC talent here, although it is more difficult than at some other SEC schools. I would suggest next time going a little lighter on the sarcasm and make your posts simpler so the haters can understand them.

Just as I thought, this Shiite(hogsanity) is starting to attract flies (Geoffhog).

corndo

I can't stand the argument that we are just pitiful little Arkansas and no good players would ever want to come here. If the Arkansas administration and coaches feel this way, no wonder we are mediocre, at best.

Lt.Dangle

Nutt hugger

HogginTheHeadlines

[quote)

While you're at it, why not just hope for Houston to get charged with the Kennedy assassination . . . . . . :)

One thing for sure. HDN IS NOT reponsible for the Kennedy assassination.....

First off, had he been the assassin he would have tried to run the bullet through the gauntlet of Secret Service agents and poke it into Kennedy's head. Four times. Especially if they were inside the ten yard line.

Secondly, the whole concept of hiding in a book depository....The only book Nutt has ever been close to was colorfully illustrated and had the phrase "Curious George" in the title....

Also, Nutt has never allowed anyone around him to ever pull the trigger.....

And on the day of the assassination attempt, Nutt wouldn't have been able to sight the scope. It would have been too dark to see with his head up Jim Lindesy's ass.....

PorcineSublime

Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 30, 2005, 09:43:13 am
[quote)

One thing for sure. HDN IS NOT reponsible for the Kennedy assassination.....

First off, had he been the assassin he would have tried to run the bullet through the gauntlet of Secret Service agents and poke it into Kennedy's head. Four times. Especially if they were inside the ten yard line.

Secondly, the whole concept of hiding in a book depository....The only book Nutt has ever been close to was colorfully illustrated and had the phrase "Curious George" in the title....

Also, Nutt has never allowed anyone around him to ever pull the trigger.....

And on the day of the assassination attempt, Nutt wouldn't have been able to sight the scope. It would have been too dark to see with his head up Jim Lindesy's ass.....

Applaud my friend. Sarcasm may be the salve that makes what appears to be our future bearable.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.