Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broyles must go too for Nutt to go, it's obvious now

Started by Jim Harris, September 28, 2005, 10:31:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Trouble is, Sugg and Lindsey are willing to keep the old fart. Nutt stays. Also, Stephens is being quiet in all these. Apparently they are still in Nutt's corner.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

kennyr71

Quote from: drakehog on September 28, 2005, 10:31:21 am
Trouble is, Sugg and Lindsey are willing to keep the old fart. Nutt stays. Also, Stephens is being quiet in all these. Apparently they are still in Nutt's corner.

Drake, it would be shocking to me if FB actually came out in public and acknowledged any intention to replace an existing coach.  He has always given an appearance of support right up until he gives them the boot. 

I fully expect to see a new coach at the end of the season.

Jim Harris

Quote from: kennyr71 on September 28, 2005, 11:21:46 am

Drake, it would be shocking to me if FB actually came out in public and acknowledged any intention to replace an existing coach. He has always given an appearance of support right up until he gives them the boot.

I fully expect to see a new coach at the end of the season.

Frank NEVER went to bat in this way for a beleagured Danny Ford, or for Hatfield or even Holtz when he knew at the end that Holtz had to be replaced. He even engineered the appearance by Houston at the Birmingham Quarterback Club so he could get it out there, for certain, that Nut's going to be around for a while, because Houston's staying in the post is Jim Lindsey's extortion of Frank to assure Frank that he stays in the AD chair through 2008.

read Harry King's column today at www. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com

If Harry is convinced, then I'm certain it is so.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

kennyr71

[quote
Frank NEVER went to bat in this way for a beleagured Danny Ford, or for Hatfield or even Holtz when he knew at the end that Holtz had to be replaced. He even engineered the appearance by Houston at the Birmingham Quarterback Club so he could get it out there, for certain, that Nut's going to be around for a while, because Houston's staying in the post is Jim Lindsey's extortion of Frank to assure Frank that he stays in the AD chair through 2008.

read Harry King's column today at www. [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com

If Harry is convinced, then I'm certain it is so.

Drake,

You may very well be right, and if Houston is still the coach next year then so be it, but I'm still not convinced.  Look at the quote by FB "People, settle down. Nothing is going to happen to Nutt this week or next week or the week after."

He did not say next year!

Sound the Horns

Trust me, they are not in Nutts corner. They have wiped there hands clean with Broyles and Nutt as well. Once the Nutt/Broyles era ends they will be big boosters again but for now they are keeping their hands clean.

DevilHog

Broyles is not going anywhere. I still believe that Nutt is. The writing is on the wall. Broyles publically criticised Nutt for speaking with LSU. The rumors of how close he came to getting that job came from very close to Houston (at least the ones I heard). If I heard the rumors and who was telling them you can be assured that JFB did too. I believe that the change comes at the end of the year. The only scenario that I see Nutt stay is that Gus comes in from Springdale and Mitch says he will only play for Houston. That may not even make a difference.

idochog

Quote from: DevilHog on September 28, 2005, 01:27:48 pm
Broyles is not going anywhere. I still believe that Nutt is. The writing is on the wall. Broyles publically criticised Nutt for speaking with LSU. The rumors of how close he came to getting that job came from very close to Houston (at least the ones I heard). If I heard the rumors and who was telling them you can be assured that JFB did too. I believe that the change comes at the end of the year. The only scenario that I see Nutt stay is that Gus comes in from Springdale and Mitch says he will only play for Houston. That may not even make a difference.

If you want to know the truth, I think MM only came here b/c the deal was made w/ Mahlzan not b/c of HDN.  Who knows HDN probably lied to Mahlzan about calling the plays
I love Jesus!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Oklahawg

I wonder if JFB will "find" HDN a job elsewhere. It happens, where the AD knows its time for the HC to go and helps the process. Could be Kentucky. Could be Missouri.

Maybe HDN has told JFB that big changes to the staff will happen after the season and that is enough for JFB to hold off.

I'll believe anything that happens behind the scenes--it has to be surreal.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

B Ray

Quote from: hSv on September 28, 2005, 09:32:18 pm
Fitz Hill will be back I hear.
Is that a good thing..Will he be wr coach,if so ..is shibest gone?

Oliverhogman

WHY do we need a wide reciever coach?  Is Monk having trouble remembering to run 5 yards and turn around?

Jim Harris

Quote from: B Ray on September 28, 2005, 09:33:43 pm
Quote from: hSv on September 28, 2005, 09:32:18 pm
Fitz Hill will be back I hear.
Is that a good thing..Will he be wr coach,if so ..is shibest gone?

I hope you're hearing wrong.