Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions for Press Row in this forum

Started by Lanny, September 26, 2005, 08:16:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Not sure where Nutt will be in five years but I predict Butch Davis will be coaching the Dallas Cowboys.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

redsnapper

Perhaps I missed the point, butIi believe I just heard Mike & Bo "mocking" 90+% of the way teams operate because using an OC. Was I mistaken?

Hogs of Hazzard

Bo and Mike,
I went to both spring scrimmages and to me, Cole Barthel looked to be better than our other QB's at the time. Can you guys shed some light on what's happened? Is this guy just this bad??????

FYI, I agree, we should go to the Big 12. OSU, OU, and MIZZOU - fun games within driving distance!!

V B Porkers

Bob Holt's column on Sunday covered a question to Coach Nutt pertained to what offensive wrinkles were made at half time and his response was basicly "patience, patience and more patience" on the otherhand he talked about Kines doing things with his defense that Nutt did not exspect. Is this not a indication of our coach being in over his head and being clueless as to caoching in the SEC.

redsnapper

Bo,
Many thanks for the reply to my note. Your mature comment about saying I must have had a donut in my ear shows what you think of your listeners. I was trying to understand all the chatter about what you and Mike observe about OCs and what you "guess" they might do in the booth. Almost every team uses that approach so as legitimate sports people,if you don't know, perhaps you could seek real information instead of trying to be cute about it. Mike just wrote about name calling. Bo try at least to listen to him.

redsnapper

Sorry, it wasn't Mike who sent the note about being "cordial" on this board. Bo, I assume your donut in my ear comment on the air was your mature approach to being cordial.

Droid

September 26, 2005, 10:19:31 am #6 Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:29:53 am by Droid
Hello Everyone,

I brought this up to Bo and Mike during a commercial break on the show but it was not talked about on the air.  All you people out there that say we need to join the Big 12 just don't seem to understand this, Arkansas was invited to join the SEC the key word being INVITE.  We did not just decide to up and the leave the SWC to join the SEC uninvited.  The Big 12 has not extended the Razorbacks any kind of invitation.  Yes geographically it would be a better fit to be in the Big 12 but we don't even know if the Big 12 would want Arkansas.  Then you have to ask the question who would replace the Razorbacks in the SEC?  Who would exit the Big 12 if we were to join?  Just be grateful that we are in a KICKA@#! conference like the SEC.  Things could be worse we could be in Conference USA.

Later,
Droid

Macgyver_Hawg

Droid, we could go to the Big12 but we would have the same results.  There's always two games a year that we aren't up for.  That wouldn't change.  We'd get beat the same way we're getting beat now.  Then the talk would be joining Conference USA.

After all, the coach asked when he'd get to play vandy, then got beat at home.  He also got beat by Kentucky at home and said coming into his press conf., "Where are the Baylors in this league?"

Same results, count on it. (Even though Broyles is wrong on his 95% "count on it" phrase, he still sounded cool saying it.)

Droid

Selective reading I see is going on.  Read what I just posted "We need to be invited to join the Big 12."  To my knowledge there is no invite what so ever?  I could be wrong I don't keep up on everything about the Hogs.  Anyway thats my two cents and I hope I did'nt upset anybody.

Later again,
Droid

Macgyver_Hawg

I wasn't making my statement based on anything you had written.  Even if there was an invite - same results.  There's not and invite so we need to do what we have been capable of doing.

SuperHog

2 questions for the show.

#1  Does the Nutt still have 95% support from fans?(Jim Lindsey only counts for 1 vote)
#2 How many games will this team win?  I say 4 wins at best
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

ednedfred

September 26, 2005, 11:11:50 am #11 Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:16:55 am by ednedfred
It's somewhat interesting to me that Arkansas has a defensive coordinator who takes all of the credit for his old teams #1 ranking last year, after being there only one year and does not want to hear complants that his defense is lousy this year.  On Alabama's last touchdown you had a defensive coordinator, a defensive back coach, a defensive line coach and a defensive coach upstairs in the box and none of them saw the mistake until the snap was about to happen, when Houston couldn't call timeout.  Maybe Butch Davis could be hired as head coach and hire Houston as offensive coordinator.

I've downgraded my original prediction before the season of 4 wins to 3.  We still may lose to Louisiana Monroe.

Bo and Mike, maybe the SEC is too tough and we should quit.  The Razorbacks aren't good enough for the Big 12 either.  I did hear the other day that we might be able to compete in the Mountain West conference against a tough UTEP team.
'Run hard die with a scar, fly low beat the radar."

juke

Quote from: redsnapper on September 26, 2005, 08:49:52 am
Bo,
Many thanks for the reply to my note. Your mature comment about saying I must have had a donut in my ear shows what you think of your listeners. I was trying to understand all the chatter about what you and Mike observe about OCs and what you "guess" they might do in the booth. Almost every team uses that approach so as legitimate sports people,if you don't know, perhaps you could seek real information instead of trying to be cute about it. Mike just wrote about name calling. Bo try at least to listen to him.

I heard that too.  Is it just me or do I get the feeling that Bo is laughing at the fans?  Lately, and maybe it's all the "fire HDN" talk causing him to act this way, but it seems to me that Bo just doesn't care for the listening audience right now. 

CorningHog

Bo, nice try last night on your show to make the "angle" be about the interview with Broyles and that he absolutely is in Nutt's corner.

For one, Frank has to do this.  He would be foolish to do anything but publicly support his current head coach.  The season is only 4 games deep, but the writing is on the wall.  The coaching mistakes that Houston has already made, especially playcalling wise and probably worse than that, his exclusive use of D Howard in the Vandy game and then again putting Howard out there against Alabama continues to show us that he is not sure on what his goals are with the offense this year.

I for one have changed my views and have realized that I have given Houston Nutt many chances to improve the offense and thought it was the lack of a true QB for 4 years with MJ.  I thought that the passing game was always missing due to an "IQ" problem or a bad "arm" issue with MJ.  I just knew that Nutt always wanted to open the offense up and attack more while giving his patented running game more room to "roam".  However, after "further review" I have to admit that I now am fully in the hire Butch Davis "mode".  Nutt needs to run for govenor.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

bulldog04

Bo,

Nutt doesn't have an excuse for not getting players and having a good team.  To get players you must win.  In seven years all he has is two bowl wins, no BCS bowls and no conference championships.  Van Horn gets players and so does Heath.  Baseball and basketball are a lot harder to recruit than F-ball.  In baseball, you can't go after great players but good players that aren't good enough to get drafted high.  Heath lost Al Jefferson to the draft.

Van Horn lost two of the best pitchers in the country, but he didn't complain about b/c he knows he still has good players.  Arkansas or any state can bring in recruits with the right people in place.  Look at the class Iowa brought in.  How is Iowa different than Arkansas?

Nutt has been here longer the DVH or SH and they will bring home a NC before he will.  That junk about the how we might be put on probation and it caused us to lose recruits is bull.  Bama is on probation and I believe they beat us Saturday.

MarieHogFan

Quote from: Droid on September 26, 2005, 10:19:31 am
Hello Everyone,

I brought this up to Bo and Mike during a commercial break on the show but it was not talked about on the air.  All you people out there that say we need to join the Big 12 just don't seem to understand this, Arkansas was invited to join the SEC the key word being INVITE.  We did not just decide to up and the leave the SWC to join the SEC uninvited.  The Big 12 has not extended the Razorbacks any kind of invitation.  Yes geographically it would be a better fit to be in the Big 12 but we don't even know if the Big 12 would want Arkansas.  Then you have to ask the question who would replace the Razorbacks in the SEC?  Who would exit the Big 12 if we were to join?  Just be grateful that we are in a KICKA@#! conference like the SEC.  Things could be worse we could be in Conference USA.

Later,
Droid

It's not like the SEC one day just decided to invite Arkansas to the conference.  You can be sure there was much behind the scenes talk and negotiation before Arkansas was ever "invited" just like there would be in regards to joining the Big 12.  Who would leave the Big 12 and who would stay in the Big 12 would already be worked out before Arkansas was ever officially invited and before you ever knew a thing about it.

juke

Bo,

After your show this morning, I was listening to Colin Cowherd.  He made a statement something like none of the offensive starters for Notre Dame could start at a Florida but Weiss is an offensive genius and that's why they, ND, are having great success.  Please help me understand why it's not in the best interest of the Arkansas football program to hire an offensive coordinator.  If Charlie Weiss can turn "B" players (as I believe Colin called them) into winners, who is to say we can't? 

P.S.

Since I asked a legitimate question in a civil manner, I would appreciate a mature response and not a snickering get the donut out of my ear comment.  Thank you.

redsnapper

Quote from: juke on September 26, 2005, 05:39:44 pm
Bo,

After your show this morning, I was listening to Colin Cowherd. He made a statement something like none of the offensive starters for Notre Dame could start at a Florida but Weiss is an offensive genius and that's why they, ND, are having great success. Please help me understand why it's not in the best interest of the Arkansas football program to hire an offensive coordinator. If Charlie Weiss can turn "B" players (as I believe Colin called them) into winners, who is to say we can't?

P.S.

Since I asked a legitimate question in a civil manner, I would appreciate a mature response and not a snickering get the donut out of my ear comment. Thank you.

Juke,
Thanks for your post. i'm glad you picked up on Bo's "donut' statement in response to my question. Recently, he laughs as he mocks his listeners. For some reason, he seems to feel he is too important for honest dialogue.  Go Mike!

tomahawkhog

Bo and Mike,
I've noticed Coach Nutt uses his timeouts early in halfs of ballgames.  Granted, its usually a "swing" part of the game(ie. 3rd and short).  My aggravation with him comes with the plays, or lack of, he comes up with after these timeouts.  If you'll review this season your see a TO called on the goalline with Vandy, and the 4 straight Hillis dives he came up with.   My point is Coach Nutt refuses to open up his playbook, even when he has a chance to do so.
Go Hogs!

Coach V. Slocombe

This question is for Mr. Football Himself, Bo Mattingly,
               The hogs are now 1 -3, with a sneak win over powerhouse Missouri state, and a humiliating loss to doormat Vanderbilt(who by the way will not win the East, maybe fourth place at best) Arguably the worst loss in the Razorbacks proud history(until Nutt arrived) and last but not least a loss at Alabama because our defense did not know to cover an open receiver. I am tired of hearing that we are still hurting from the loss of scholarships, because Alabama has been on probation too and they are much better at this point than the Razorbacks. Shula has been at Bama not near as long as Nutt. What would be your excuse now? You always seem to come up with one to defend Nutt's honor. Face it BO, he is not the man to run the Razorback ship. Gus Mahlzahn could do better. He couldn't do any worse! I am sure that Mahlzahn could have beaten Missouri State. Nutt makes me want to puke, along with the way that you defend him! :puke:
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

juke

Quote from: redsnapper on September 26, 2005, 07:35:27 pm

Juke,
Thanks for your post. i'm glad you picked up on Bo's "donut' statement in response to my question. Recently, he laughs as he mocks his listeners. For some reason, he seems to feel he is too important for honest dialogue. Go Mike!

We'll see this morning what he says.  I hope the radio station is picking up on his attitude towards listeners--it's certainly uncalled for.

Feralhog

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HogDodging

Bo, when are you going to quit using the NCAA investigation as an excuse for Nutt's poor record?
Alabama had much tougher sanctions than Arkansas and they have weathered the storm fairly well.  They made us look bad this past Saturday.
The only reason Arkansas will never be a top tier team is because people like you perpetuate the myth that we can't compete.
I say we can.  There's no valid reason of why we can't.
People like you need to stop making excuses and start demanding more out of our coach and program.
At least give it a try.

Hog Bounty Hunter

You guys are doing well today, say that we don't get rid of Houston Nutt and he stays and hires Gus Malzhan.  With the recent events of how coach Witke has been treated, coach Nutt not listening to him from upstairs, don't you think he would do the same thing to Gus?  I think that would be a waste, Gus will someday make a great head coach at the D1 level, at least I believe he will, I would hate to see his talent wasted by shutting him off during the game.  Just my thoughts. 

Again great show today.  How about a little Buck Ocean doing Randy Rainwater, that is always good to get spirits high.

redsnapper

Mike,
You probably have a rough idea the % of top twenty teams that have chosen to operate with an O/C, please share your opinion on this number. This is not a "get rid of Nutt" issue. I am just very interested.
Thank you.

SPARTAN

I don't really have a question more of a statement. To mister Bo I have had enough of all your condescending remarks we as Hog fans are not all idiots as you seem to think. I have decided not to listen to your show anymore not that you really care what just one hog fan thinks, since you do not care what the vast majority seem to think. If we do not agree with your opinion then we must be stupid. In closing you mister Bo need to grow a pair and  pull your head out of Franks a$$. And to you Mike find a way to drop that guy you will do a lot better with someone who is more respectfull to the listeners. Later

razorback2day

Ditto !!!
Quote from: SPARTAN on September 27, 2005, 04:35:06 pm
I don't really have a question more of a statement. To mister Bo I have had enough of all your condescending remarks we as Hog fans are not all idiots as you seem to think. I have decided not to listen to your show anymore not that you really care what just one hog fan thinks, since you do not care what the vast majority seem to think. If we do not agree with your opinion then we must be stupid. In closing you mister Bo need to grow a pair and pull your head out of Franks a$$. And to you Mike find a way to drop that guy you will do a lot better with someone who is more respectfull to the listeners. Later
Ditto !!
Always searchin' for the man I'm never gonna be ? ---Mike Mclure

Hog Bounty Hunter

In fairness to Bo he treated everyone with respect today on the show.  Good Job Bo!!

juke

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 27, 2005, 10:55:17 pm
In fairness to Bo he treated everyone with respect today on the show. Good Job Bo!!

One show.  Let's see if he can go a whole week.

ray3080

Why is Press Row not running the Web? I can get 1380 but not Press Row.

JD Hogg

The Nutt supporters contend that the investigation hurt recruiting.  I subscribe to a recruiting service that ranks the recruiting classes nationally.  Here is how the Razorbacks fared over the last 4 years:

2002- #24
2003- #23
2004- #27
2005- #32

According to this recruiting service, recruiting has actually gotten worse the last 2 years.  That tells me that it is possible that something other than the investigation continues to impair our recruiting efforts.  Is it possible that the coaching staff is to blame for the recruiting getting worse?  As a supporter of the PROGRAM, I contend that Nutt can't get the top tier talent because the recruits want to play for a COACH that they think will help them get better and one who will actually coach to win games vs. coaching not to lose.

A Boy Named Sue E.

Mike, those 2 D-linemen that the investigation cost us in 2003. Do you recall who they were and where they are now, and if they are contributing to their team? Thanks.

MrJones

September 28, 2005, 08:32:45 am #32 Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 08:35:12 am by MrJones
Zarnell Fitch went to Tennesee but wound up at TCU and Mike Montgomery went to A&M and was drafted by Green Bay in the 6th round

Feralhog

Bo, you said that people complaining about the 3rd dwn draw are wrong because their opinion isn't based in fact.   

We rank 9th in the SEC with a 35% success rate on 3rd down!!!!! Tell me why it's factually correct to continually run the 3rd down draw?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Feralhog

We might be 12th?  That word MIGHT sounds real factual.  What a friken joke. 

Buck Ocean

Quotewhy has it taken until now to figure out that passing the ball is a problem?

Scott Cain just hours ago was able to sneak under the tarp and view a little bit of practice before getting nabbed.

He saw Robert Johnson throwing left handed while wearing a pink jersey.
Think like a Jedi

Vito Porkleone

September 28, 2005, 12:42:12 pm #36 Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 08:29:46 pm by Vito Porkleone
Bo -

Stop it with the "uninformed opinion" BS.  I disagree with 99.9% of your excuse making where Nutt is concerned.  Guess what?  I AM informed.  Know why?  Perception is reality.  I am a paying customer, and contributor to the program.  I don't like the product on the field that I am being sold.  It is subpar.  I am right.  The customer is ALWAYS right.  YOU seem to be uninformed where Houston is concerned on several things.  Perhaps because you are listening to the wrong people, and you yourself are being spun. 

You spoke a bit this AM on tendencies where Nutt's playcalling is concerned.  Perhaps Nutt needs to examine his own tendencies, because every DC in the conference damn sure knows when he's going to run that freakin' smoke draw, when we're going to throw the swing pass to Hillis, and when we're going up the gut.  Even an uneducated football mind like mine can see it via the personnel packages and formations used.  Doc Mongoose was right - when the game is on the line late, everybody knows what we're going to do, and they shut it down cold.  Been that way during Nutt's entire tenure.

You know, you can say a lot of bad things about Danny Ford's shortcomings, but I never ever remember him throwing one of his players under the bus.  He would take the blame himself or at least deflect it to the other members of the staff.  I respect him immensely because of that.  Nothing has been Houston's fault since he's been here.  Everything is somebody else's mistake, somebody didn't make a play, somebody didn't cause a turnover, if it weren't for that dang investigation, etc, etc, etc.  This team's problem is coaching and development, and all around management - whether it is on the sidelines, filling recruiting needs, or decision making.

It's time for new management.  The customer is always right.
Phil Mickelson is the new Nuke LaLouche - million dollar swing; ten cent head...

Vito Porkleone

Mike -

A question regarding the checkmark theory...  How many checks does one get before being let go?  Is it up to the individual checker or the hiring manager of the checkee?  Is it different for each checkee, or consistent for all?

"Enquiring" minds want to know...
Phil Mickelson is the new Nuke LaLouche - million dollar swing; ten cent head...

Gman

This question is for Bo.  I keep hearing you talk about the recruiting base in arkansas, and I don't quite get it.   Look at  some of these other states.  Kentucky, 4,041,000, two D1 schools, 1 top 10; Iowa, 2,926,000, 2 d1 schools, both top 25; Indiana, 6,000,000 at least 3 d1 schools, 2 top 25; Oregon, 3,500,000, top 25, Oklahoma 3,048,000 1 football powerhouse and state pretty consistantly in the top 25.  Arkansas has at least 2.6 million and that is expected to top 3mill in the next few years.  I do agree that we could never be consistantly good as Texas, Florida or California schools, but with us being the only D1 school in arkansas we should be able to field a decent team.  I know there may be some other factors that may affect this besides Population.  Maybe its academics, maybe our better atheletes can't make the grades to even play ball.  I know our education system is not the best here in Arkansas.  Any thoughts on why we don't produce more D1 atheletes?  And I don't want to here anything about the states HS football programs.  I grew up in Indiana and football there is an afterthought, takes backseat to nearly every other sport.  I know there is a problem in amount of D1 recruits, the only thing I can figure is its an academic issue.

Biggus Piggus

Oh, come on you prick.  You use the cheapest excuses to dismiss sound arguments.

Louisville has built a good football program, better than Arkansas's, in a state with 4 million population and two high-major football programs.  If the 4 million correlates with the number of football prospects the state produces, they're divided between SEC and Big East (NOT CONFERENCE USA YOU DIMWIT) schools.  If Arkansas has 2.6 million population and produces 15 major college football players a year, then Kentucky maybe produces 23.  For you math-impaired radio jocks, 4 million is 1.5x 2.6 million.

Divide 23 / 2 = 11-12 apiece.  Arkansas should get practically all of the 15.  SO BOOM.

Iowa, you pissed on Iowa?  Good lord, Iowa and Iowa State BOTH are better football programs than Arkansas right now.  And that state has 2.9 million population, 11-12% more than Arkansas.  Those two schools have to recruit out of state, and they do.  Very well.  Much better than Arkansas does, because Arkansas has a coaching staff padded with Nutt's tired old cronies who quit working hard at recruiting a long time ago.

Oklahoma, you got down on Oklahoma?  Where was OU back when Stoops took over?  How many Big 12 titles and BCS bowls since then?  Crap.  Even Oklahoma State outperformed us and definitely outrecruited us over the past few years.  Hell, you dope, Texas Tech outrecruited us.  They're in LUBBOCK!  If somebody can persuade kids they're not going to fall off the edge of the earth in Lubbock, it must not be impossible to recruit at Arkansas.

And Oregon, cheap shot artist, has two Pac 10 schools.  Oregon U is clearly a better football program than Arkansas is.  U of Oregon is a pretty place, but it is out in the sticks and not exactly the center of African-American culture.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

So how can you defend Nutt if his response to the Bama game is to FURTHER SIMPLIFY THE OFFENSE?  That's what he said.  Need to get simpler.  Good lord.
[CENSORED]!

Feralhog

Yesterday he leaned all over me becaue I challenged him for claiming to be factual when he forms an opinion regarding the 3rd down draw.  I pointed out our 3rd down conversion ineptness - 35% 9th in the SEC -  his reply was, had we thrown the ball on 3rd and long, the stats MIGHT be worse. 

I'm also putting togather some stats on how many times Arkansas is in a 3rd and long in comparison to other SEC schools.  The frequency in which a team is in 3rd and long is a direct reflection of play calling on first and second down.  But I'm sure Bo will have a factual response as to why the stats MIGHT be worse.     

juke

September 29, 2005, 08:19:41 am #42 Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 12:58:32 pm by juke
Bo,

I'm tired of you thinking we are "uninformed."  You act like we're idiots.  The truth of the matter is a lot of us follow sports just as much, if not more, than any radio or TV host.  Probably even you.  Did you graduate from the University of Arkansas?  A lot of us here did and the Hogs are more than sports to us.  We follow them with a passion and a fever.  And if you keep acting towards your callers like you currently do, then it's time we not just call for the removal of Houston Nutt but it's time we pressure the media outlets you work for to remove you.  I don't think we have to put up with you saying we have uniformed opinions and have donuts in our ears, etc. 

We are the greatest fans in the world.  Win, lose or draw, we support the Hogs.  Go look at baseball.  How many programs across the country draw fans like we do?  Same with track.  Even with the past couple of losing seasons in basketball, we were in the top 15 last year in attendance.  We wear our pride year round.  You can't hardly go somewhere in Arkansas without seeing someone wearing a Hog cap or shirt.  You should be thankful to have us as an audience.  Mike deserves a better co-host and we deserve better.  Go Hogs. :razorback:

Fire HDN and fire Bo Mattingly.

Biggus Piggus

He cannot respond intelligently, so all he can do is ridicule the better-informed opinion that contradicts the one he has been fed.
[CENSORED]!

Bucksnort

What if Ark State beats ULM this week-end and then we lose to them?  We just thought we've been seeing a meltdown.  Your thoughts.  Not likely, but ......

A Boy Named Sue E.

I recall maybe one or two drops  by Cedric Washington, no drops by Cedric Logan, no drops by Chris Baker. I don't recall many, if any passes even being thrown their way. How can we say we only have one receiver(Monk) who's any good if we never even throw to the other guys? Do these other guys not know how to run a route? Are their hands no good? Or is our coaching staff unable to draw up a play that gets them into the mix? What exactly do you guys think the problem is?

Feralhog

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on September 29, 2005, 08:30:41 am
I recall maybe one or two drops by Cedric Washington, no drops by Cedric Logan, no drops by Chris Baker. I don't recall many, if any passes even being thrown their way. How can we say we only have one receiver(Monk) who's any good if we never even throw to the other guys? Do these other guys not know how to run a route? Are their hands no good? Or is our coaching staff unable to draw up a play that gets them into the mix? What exactly do you guys think the problem is?

I recall two drops by Washington in the first game.  He has been bad, not nearly what the homers advertised based on summer workouts.  You have not seen any drops by Baker because he has not played a game.  David Thompson had a drop in the first game.  Logan has had hardly any opportunities.

This team is very short on possession receivers, that's a definite.  Guys you can trust to make tough catches with contact.  Route running, we're very unsophisticated there.
[CENSORED]!

Feralhog

September 29, 2005, 08:43:45 am #48 Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:45:46 am by Feralhog
It's obvious to us dumasses, what D's are doing against us.  They are double teaming Monk and gearing the rest of the D to stop the run.  IF Monk is doubled and IF the other receivers have single coverage, do we not have a QB who can get the ball to guys in single coverage?  Do we not have receivers who can get open against single coverage?  My God, we are division 1 aren't we?  Most coaches develop game plan after game plan to force D's into doing what they do against us the second they get off the friken bus.  The coach is scared spitless to come up with a game plan against gimmie defenses! 

JD Hogg

I don't even know why we try to actually inject facts into the debate.  Bo, the idgiot, simply ignores them.  You can't rationalize with an irrational, deluded person.