Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plane down on MLK?

Started by WaltKowalski, November 03, 2015, 10:13:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltKowalski

Anyone know anything about this?

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Cirrus R22 did an emergency hard landing via parachute near FHS.....Looks like the wheels are damaged from the landing, but reports are the two occupants aren't injured.
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Hankweb

Former Walmart CEO Bill Simon was the pilot and had two passengers. Took off from Bentonville on the way to Waco and had a loss of oil pressure. Was attempting to land at Drake Field but evidently couldn't make the field so deployed the chute. Minor injuries reported for the 3 as well as a 4th who was driving a pickup truck that collided with the plane.
There's video out there but I don't know how to post.

Boardon Hamsay

Good thing it was a Cirrus. The R-22's chute likely prevented a real tragedy today. Hope all involved are ok.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

bvillepig

My daughter in law in Fayetteville sent me some pictures right after it happened.  They lost oil pressure and the engine seized before they could get to Drake.

Glad they were able to walk away.

LSUFan

Quote from: bvillepig on November 03, 2015, 05:48:33 pm
My daughter in law in Fayetteville sent me some pictures right after it happened.  They lost oil pressure and the engine seized before they could get to Drake.

Glad they were able to walk away.
Amen

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Flying Razorback

I'm glad they pulled the chute.  Many Cirrus have crashed that could have been saved by the chute.  But many pilots are hesitant to use them because it can scrap your plane and guarantees you can't save it traditionally at that point.  Same with guys in ejection seat aircraft.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

trippigs

My nephew was in this plane. Amazing safety technology and some skilled flying avoided a tragedy.

bvillepig

Thankful your nephew is OK.

There are times that I miss my Saratoga how ever it is a day like this close to home that makes me stop and think a little.

I fly a lot with my two granddaughters from Blytheville to North West Arkansas. It is hostile terrain for a lot of that route. My daughter in law sent me a message soon after the deployment saying.  "I am so happy you have that type of plane." I hope I never have to make that decision but if I do I hope to take the advice of "Pull early Pull often"

There is a lot of negative publicity attacking the pilots who have pulled about their alleged lack of ability in able to dead stick a landing. I have seen it from different owners groups and had a few conversations with old school instructors attacking the technology. 

majestic

That chute technology is amazing. I had no idea it was in actual use.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

PEtrader

Quote from: bvillepig on November 03, 2015, 06:18:00 pm
Thankful your nephew is OK.

There are times that I miss my Saratoga how ever it is a day like this close to home that makes me stop and think a little.

I fly a lot with my two granddaughters from Blytheville to North West Arkansas. It is hostile terrain for a lot of that route. My daughter in law sent me a message soon after the deployment saying.  "I am so happy you have that type of plane." I hope I never have to make that decision but if I do I hope to take the advice of "Pull early Pull often"

There is a lot of negative publicity attacking the pilots who have pulled about their alleged lack of ability in able to dead stick a landing. I have seen it from different owners groups and had a few conversations with old school instructors attacking the technology.

I prefer to be alive than to be a good dead stick pilot.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "