Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hjalte Froholdt commits to the HOGS!

Started by The_Iceman, December 02, 2013, 01:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thefisher

Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 pm
I might actually be an asshat, ...... ignore me.

Motion seconded.  All in favor say "aye".
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Photoptic

Wow.  Great pickup.  This guy was highly sought after in Ohio.  He's from Denmark and I don't know his whole story.  Warren Harding produces a lot of high D1 talent and is a well respected program in the state of Ohio.  OSU does a good job in the state but Michigan has done well recruiting Harding kids.  OSU was never able to get much traction and most felt he was headed to UM. 

Notable Harding Alums:
Maurice Clarrett transferred to Harding in high school and graduated from there.
Prescott Burgess - UM - Was drafted and bounced around. Not sure he made a roster
Mario Manningham - UM - Wide receiver for the 49ers
"Boom" Herron - OSU tailback - Drafted by the Bengals and is still active
Dave Herron - MSU linebacker - Plays for the Vikings
Korey Stringer - OSU lineman - Amazing player. RIP

The Boar War

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 02, 2013, 09:51:23 pm
Some of you people, on your wedding day, told your wife to "temper your expectations," because it could always end in divorce. Quit looking for the absolute worst thing that could happen, treating it like it did, and then telling everyone else that you are, in fact, the moderate one.

For some posters Hjalte Froholdt committing was the worst thing that could happen.

AirForceHog

Great commit. Can't wait to see him in that Hog Uniform.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr Hjalte Froholdt. Glad you are a HOG! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

870hogfan

mccurdy

SnoopHoggyHog

El Puerco Grande

Wait until Keef Jackson gets that name in front of him.
How 'bout them hogs?

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 02, 2013, 02:17:51 pm
2015 isn't exactly tomorrow.  Plenty of time for a change of mind.  Temper the excitement.

no
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 02, 2013, 02:47:48 pm

Can't be true. Denmark is outside our 250 mile crootin radius.

Yeah....must be Denmark, Arkansas.....never been there..
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pig In The City

This is the next J.J. Watt.

Nice pick up for sure.

Wild Bill Hog

2015 is a long way away, and this is a high school kid.  Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 02, 2013, 10:44:32 pm
For some posters Hjalte Froholdt committing was the worst thing that could happen.

I really don't think that's an accurate statement.  It's just that after this past season (plus the Johnelle season) a lot of Hog fans are being cautious with their optimism.  Probably can't blame them too much.  We certainly saw this happen with basketball and to an extent with baseball.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 03, 2013, 09:38:21 pm
2015 is a long way away, and this is a high school kid.  Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Dude witnessed the USCe game and still committed. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Mr. Blonde

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 03, 2013, 09:51:30 pm
Dude witnessed the USCe game and still committed. 

Hmmmm, a sadist.  Hide the bamboo canes

Quote from: bigrod155 on December 02, 2013, 02:19:55 pm
I'm afraid ppl are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Wait for signing day please.

mhuff

Quote from: SamBuckheart on December 03, 2013, 07:44:41 am
Welcome Mr Hjalte Froholdt. Glad you are a HOG! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Chief Mac

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 03, 2013, 09:46:04 pm
I really don't think that's an accurate statement.  It's just that after this past season (plus the Johnelle season) a lot of Hog fans are being cautious with their optimism.  Probably can't blame them too much.  We certainly saw this happen with basketball and to an extent with baseball.

I think it is.  If somehow the 2015 class continues on the same path and all commits actually sign, the naysayers will be proven wrong about one thing which may in turn prove they are completely wrong.  Caveat that by saying that not all naysayers want Bielema to fail but there are a few that probably are more concerned with being "right" in their opinion than the Hogs actually succeeding.  JMHO
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

elksnort

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 04, 2013, 09:10:11 am
I think it is.  If somehow the 2015 class continues on the same path and all commits actually sign, the naysayers will be proven wrong about one thing which may in turn prove they are completely wrong.  Caveat that by saying that not all naysayers want Bielema to fail but there are a few that probably are more concerned with being "right" in their opinion than the Hogs actually succeeding.  JMHO
Your opinion, yes. Humble, I'm not so sure about. lol!

Chief Mac

Quote from: elksnort on December 04, 2013, 02:56:32 pm
Your opinion, yes. Humble, I'm not so sure about. lol!

Humble might be stretching it for sure but I do think some would be more joyful if Bielema fails than if he is a huge success.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

870hogfan

elksnort

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 04, 2013, 03:45:35 pm
Humble might be stretching it for sure but I do think some would be more joyful if Bielema fails than if he is a huge success.
Please, for goodness sakes, no matter how you might interpret my posts, don't include me in this category.

Also, you can't be too humble. You and your gal got it going on in the avatar. Ok. This enough of my being nice. I'll go back to my ass hat status.

GioB26

navyhog24

Quote from: GioB26 on December 05, 2013, 07:14:20 pm
Sounds like a project. Good luck.

Go back under the rock from which you crawled out of.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: GioB26 on December 05, 2013, 07:14:20 pm
Sounds like a project. Good luck.

I'd take 24 more 4*, top 50 prospect, projects
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

This commit sounds great and I hope he stays the course.  I never look at the commits beyond the current year.  Maybe i just hear about the ones who change their mind but my gut feeling is that more commits from out of state change their mind before signing day than actually continue and sign on.  Its not just us, its every school.  I hope he stays and his commitment brings in several bigger better, faster, high star players.  In any event, I'll wait to pee my pants over this until he actually signs on the dotted line.  That way, I'll only have to wash pee out of one pair of pants.  You Guys gettin off every day based on the smell of BB passing gas is just as bad as many on here who want him fired.  Actually, there is a decent middle ground here for the sane and secure.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 05, 2013, 07:21:21 pm
Go back under the rock from which you crawled out of.

He's a Tar Heel fan, apparently.  Don't even know why he's here.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

GioB26

Quote from: Corndog7 on December 05, 2013, 08:05:57 pm
He's a Tar Heel fan, apparently.  Don't even know why he's here.
You the same "Corndog " who calls regularly into 'Drive Time Sports?'

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: GioB26 on December 05, 2013, 10:23:50 pm
You the same "Corndog " who calls regularly into 'Drive Time Sports?'

No.  My username comes from a restaurant that used to be in the Dixieland Mall in Rogers, Arkansas.  I have never, and will never, call into a radio show.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

superior_wang

his dad was one of the founding members of abba

pigzwillrise

Quote from: HogFanDallas on December 03, 2013, 09:31:31 pm
This is the next J.J. Watt.

Nice pick up for sure.
Hey I'm excited to get a highly rated DE but these expectations we're putting on him are already hurting him...

I think he could be a solid back-up but I'll say it now... you'll never see him start at DE

Chief Mac

Quote from: pigzwillrise on December 07, 2013, 09:40:23 pm
Hey I'm excited to get a highly rated DE but these expectations we're putting on him are already hurting him...

I think he could be a solid back-up but I'll say it now... you'll never see him start at DE

And what makes you say that? 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 07, 2013, 09:53:10 pm

He might grow into a DT.  Seen him listed as high as 285.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 07, 2013, 09:53:10 pm
I guess I don't have a lot of basis.  I don't believe he has the speed to be effective in this league.  Maybe a good backup but not much more. 

Chief Mac

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 07, 2013, 09:54:37 pm
He might grow into a DT.  Seen him listed as high as 285.

Kid has a motor to go along with physical ability, I'll take that at DT any day of the week

Chief Mac

Quote from: pigzwillrise on December 07, 2013, 09:57:27 pm
I guess I don't have a lot of basis.  I don't believe he has the speed to be effective in this league.  Maybe a good backup but not much more. 

He doesn't look any slower than Jake Bequette

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 07, 2013, 10:04:27 pm
Kid has a motor to go along with physical ability, I'll take that at DT any day of the week

No doubt

Mr. Blonde

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: pigzwillrise on December 07, 2013, 09:57:27 pm

One of the top defensive line recruits in the nation doesn't pass pigz eye test.  Maybe Bielema should start running these offers by you first?

Chief Mac

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Mr. Blonde on December 07, 2013, 10:10:30 pm
Wait..what does Gwen Stefani have to do with this?

She's telling pigz don't speak

Fort Dweller

Chief Mac

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 07, 2013, 10:16:50 pm
That vid lists him as 240 though.  It's plausible he may have lost some burst with 35-45 lbs

Depends on what kind of weight it is. Good weight shouldn't slow him down much

pigzwillrise

If you don't agree then fine.  Check back on this thread in 3 or 4 years so I can say I told you so.

Every year there is a recruit that the fans love.. usually they are unique in someway and most of the time they are white... these players never turn out

I'm sure you were all huge fans of Kane Whitehurst, Bret Weir, Vin Ascolese, and Austin Flynn as well.

JaketheSnake

He's also grown a few inches.  He was a sophomore in that film... Pretty impressive

870hogfan

Kid is highly recruited and some people are questioning his talent?

JaketheSnake

Those two and three star guys?  They were good players as is this kid.  He, however, is a top 15 player in his class according to some services.  Another out of state 4-5 star kid coming to UA after a year like we had has got to be a positive thing!
Quote from: pigzwillrise on December 07, 2013, 11:00:01 pm
If you don't agree then fine.  Check back on this thread in 3 or 4 years so I can say I told you so.

Every year there is a recruit that the fans love.. usually they are unique in someway and most of the time they are white... these players never turn out

I'm sure you were all huge fans of Kane Whitehurst, Bret Weir, Vin Ascolese, and Austin Flynn as well.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 07, 2013, 11:05:29 pm
Kid is highly recruited and some people are questioning his talent?

No, just one guy.  And apparently because he is white.