Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Once you go black...

Started by Craig O Squeal, November 17, 2015, 08:26:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig O Squeal

IIRC, didn't we get hot once we finally went back to the black shoes, and ditched the white ones? I know CBB is big on superstitions and stuff, but I would suggest that we will never see white shoes again.  :)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

racinghog

Yep, but I also wonder if that more to do with the foot injuries.

ldfergu

Quote from: racinghog on November 17, 2015, 08:52:29 am

Red must be the shoe that leads us to the promisekand

Craig O Squeal

I really wonder if the foot injuries are a national trend. There's so much push to be lighter and faster, and I wonder if you sacrifice support? Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon now, but I remember shoes used to be judged on arch support and being "sturdy"....now it just matters if you can shave 0.01 of a second off your 40 time. Peyton Manning is now on the shelf with a plantar fasciatis (sp?) injury.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on November 17, 2015, 08:26:05 am
IIRC, didn't we get hot once we finally went back to the black shoes, and ditched the white ones? I know CBB is big on superstitions and stuff, but I would suggest that we will never see white shoes again.  :)

Yep, said it from the first I saw those weak @ssed white shoes.  We lost our way for a while there...

TexHog188

All I know is that the last three games I have not been wearing my hog shirt, any of them, and we win.  So I'll be donating those shirts to Goodwill and getting new ones for Christmas.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: racinghog on November 17, 2015, 08:52:29 am

I have a pair of pretty new Nike Flyknit cleats - similar to what many of the players wear. They are these bad guys right here:

http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/nike_flyknit_VPR_football_cleat_01.jpg

I'm in a graduate level degree, and while I admit these definitely aren't some of the clunkers I wore in Junior High and High School, they definitely do provide structure and support - at least as much as all of my older cleats. I can say for certain that I am the guy that has sacrificed looks for support in cleats. I know that I can't speak for much older cleats, but if anything, recently the major corporations have found better ways to integrate supportive technology and lighter materials. You feel fast and safe.

My wonder is about the sponsorship: Are players choosing their Nike cleats based on the way they look/prefer them over the way they feel? Is Nike forcing certain positions into certain cleats that may not be the best for that position or individual? Are college athletes ever "breaking in" a pair of shoes so they actually fit the athletes foot or are they wearing and tossing shoes multiple times in a season?

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: TexHog188 on November 17, 2015, 09:55:57 am
All I know is that the last three games I have not been wearing my hog shirt, any of them, and we win.  So I'll be donating those shirts to Goodwill and getting new ones for Christmas.

This.  Same beer, same Hog beanie, same seat, Hog shirt lying over back of dining room chair, etc.  I understand how insane that it, but I'm not changing til we lose. 

ricepig

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on November 17, 2015, 10:26:58 am
This.  Same beer, same Hog beanie, same seat, Hog shirt lying over back of dining room chair, etc.  I understand how insane that it, but I'm not changing til we lose. 

That beer has to be hot by now.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2015, 10:39:31 am
That beer has to be hot by now.

Its really more the mold at this point. 

WJBilly

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on November 17, 2015, 10:06:13 am
I have a pair of pretty new Nike Flyknit cleats - similar to what many of the players wear. They are these bad guys right here:

http://www.designboom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/nike_flyknit_VPR_football_cleat_01.jpg

I'm in a graduate level degree, and while I admit these definitely aren't some of the clunkers I wore in Junior High and High School, they definitely do provide structure and support - at least as much as all of my older cleats. I can say for certain that I am the guy that has sacrificed looks for support in cleats. I know that I can't speak for much older cleats, but if anything, recently the major corporations have found better ways to integrate supportive technology and lighter materials. You feel fast and safe.

My wonder is about the sponsorship: Are players choosing their Nike cleats based on the way they look/prefer them over the way they feel? Is Nike forcing certain positions into certain cleats that may not be the best for that position or individual? Are college athletes ever "breaking in" a pair of shoes so they actually fit the athletes foot or are they wearing and tossing shoes multiple times in a season?

My podiatrist was treating me for plantar fasciitis and I was asking him about how often I should replace my shoes and how long it would take to break them in. He told me if I had to "break them in " I was buying the wrong shoes. Told me to go to a full service shoe store where they knew how to fit shoes properly.

Craig O Squeal

Sounds like the Hogs need to break out some New Balance next season! Or maybe it's because I'm old and have a wide foot....time for a team trip to Wilkinson's Mall in Conway to the New Balance store.

immahog

I Hate the black shoes ....The white looks 10x better but if the black shoes has anything to do with us winning then so be it
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

moses_007

The black shoes and red pants just work for us.

longpig

Consider this before you drop those shirts off, for Auburn I wore my favorite button up hog shirt, Never Yield T for Ol Myth and a Dunham Melons T for LeSU.  Not doing anything superstitious is becoming my superstition. ;)
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: WJBilly on November 17, 2015, 10:51:33 am

My podiatrist was treating me for plantar fasciitis and I was asking him about how often I should replace my shoes and how long it would take to break them in. He told me if I had to "break them in " I was buying the wrong shoes. Told me to go to a full service shoe store where they knew how to fit shoes properly.

I'd be in a wheelchair were it not for Sole brand insoles and Telic brand flip flops.  A bit pricey but hey, I don't limp in the morning.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LRHawg

You should really burn those! What if they end up in the hands of an unsuspecting Hog fan?

Bacons Rebellion

Do I understand correctly that after determining with rigorous science that the wearing of those shirts causes the Razorbacks to lose, you are now going to assist in propagating them through the general population? Please help me understand this.

oldhawg

My first pair of cleats as a sophomore was a second hand pair that a senior had worn the year before ---- and I was glad to have them.