Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 09:33:51 am

Selling (giving away) Bielema

Started by The OTR, November 03, 2017, 03:56:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Seems like lots of threads popping up suggesting another school pick up Bielema as their coach but nobody's really making a very compelling argument about his redeeming qualities. 

Hogville: "Hey Kansas State...I got something for sale here you might be interested in"

K-State:  "What makes you think we'd want him?"

Hogville:  "Because he's done a lousy job here and we're tired of losing.  You want him?"

K-State:  "So the best reason you can give me for us taking him is because you no longer want him?"

Hogville:  "Yep."

You guys couldn't sell hand warmers to Eskimos.  Most of you can't even spell the model you're selling. 

I remember one time calling a feller I knew pretty well who was selling a leaky boat.  I knew every leak and flaw the boat had (he didn't know it was me calling as I disguised my voice and instead of sounding like the hick I am I sounded even more hickish than I truly am - it worked as it was very easy for me to slide into an even dumber persona).

Anyhow...my main question to this old boy was why he wanted to get rid of a perfectly good boat? If it was such a good boat he wouldn't be selling it...so what was wrong.....Did it leak? (did it ever).  Did it run good? (it did not)  Was it in good shape (it was good for early morning beer drinking and bream fishing and due to the leaks it had a built in live well right there in the boat, an aluminum flat bottom but I woudn't say it was too seaworthy and the only time I felt safe in the boat was the time I fell out of it frogman style head over heels in 3 feet of water).

Nobody's gonna want to buy our leaky rusty boat.  Some of you mallet heads need to wake up and realize Florida is not going to steal away Bielema and sweep him off his feet with a big raise and long term contract.

I hate having to speak in parables around here to get people to understand but honestly some of you are so dumb I don't know what else to do but put it in a way you can understand.

At least if you're gonna try to sell or give away this old boy then come up with a better reason for him going somewhere else other than he's not good enough for us anymore but he's plenty good enough for ___________(insert name of school needing a coach here).

Hate to be this way.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 03, 2017, 03:56:20 pm
Seems like lots of threads popping up suggesting another school pick up Bielema as their coach but nobody's really making a very compelling argument about his redeeming qualities. 

Hogville: "Hey Kansas State...I got something for sale here you might be interested in"

Hogville:  "Because he's done a lousy job here and we're tired of losing.  You want him?"

K-State:  "So the best reason you can give me for us taking him is because you no longer want him?"

You guys couldn't sell hand warmers to Eskimos.  Most of you can't even spell the model you're selling. 

I remember one time calling a feller I knew pretty well who was selling a leaky boat.  I knew every leak and flaw the boat had (he didn't know it was me calling as I disguised my voice and instead of sounding like the hick I am I sounded even more hickish than I truly am - it worked as it was very easy for me to slide into an even dumber persona).

Anyhow...my main question to this old boy was why he wanted to get rid of a perfectly good boat? If it was such a good boat he wouldn't be selling it...so what was wrong.....Did it leak? (did it ever).  Did it run good? (it did not)  Was it in good shape (it was good for early morning beer drinking and bream fishing and due to the leaks it had a built in live well right there in the boat, an aluminum flat bottom but I woudn't say it was too seaworthy and the only time I felt safe in the boat was the time I fell out of it frogman style head over heels in 3 feet of water).

Nobody's gonna want to buy our leaky rusty boat.  Some of you mallet heads need to wake up and realize Florida is not going to steal away Bielema and sweep him off his feet with a big raise and long term contract.

I hate having to speak in parables around here to get people to understand but honestly some of you are so dumb I don't know what else to do but put it in a way you can understand.

At least if you're gonna try to sell or give away this old boy then come up with a better reason for him going somewhere else other than he's not good enough for us anymore but he's plenty good enough for ___________(insert name of school needing a coach here).

Hate to be this way.

I'm sure it's killing you...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Potosihog

Our boat is not leaking.  It is sinking fast.  I think most of us believe the USBB is headed for the boat yard scrap heap more than being bought by some rich dude and placed in the harbor.

Of course I had a small boat that sat unused for about 10 years.  I had stored it "temporarily" at a friend's house.  He called the other day and said his son-in-law was looking for a boat for his pond.  I gladly told him he could have it.  It was way past usable for me.  If he can get some enjoyment out of it more power to him.

Now if someone would just call and ask to take over payment on CBB...............

greenEGnHAWGS

I feel more like the proper analogy is more like a train trying to go over a hill. CBB being a pretty good train that decided to try to take on the big mountain with less horsepower. He tried and tried and tried, and huffed and puffed...but just couldn't do it.

Then some start to wonder, I wonder if he would be able to go up the same mountain (SEC Championship), but with much more horsepower available (recruiting).

No one is "selling CBB" (except maybe those ludicrous guys saying to tweet the Florida AD). Most are simply making blanket statements about CBB being able to equal what Les was able to do at LSU. Les was nothing special at OK St, but given the keys to fertile recruiting grounds, he was able to sustain success with below average QB play.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

al_pigcino

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 03, 2017, 03:56:20 pm

Hate to be this way.
More details on the boat for sale?

247Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 03, 2017, 04:24:17 pm
I feel more like the proper analogy is more like a train trying to go over a hill. CBB being a pretty good train that decided to try to take on the big mountain with less horsepower. He tried and tried and tried, and huffed and puffed...but just couldn't do it.

Then some start to wonder, I wonder if he would be able to go up the same mountain (SEC Championship), but with much more horsepower available (recruiting).

No one is "selling CBB" (except maybe those ludicrous guys saying to tweet the Florida AD). Most are simply making blanket statements about CBB being able to equal what Les was able to do at LSU. Les was nothing special at OK St, but given the keys to fertile recruiting grounds, he was able to sustain success with below average QB play.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Rudy Baylor

They couldn't sell bottled water to the ancient mariner

Rayzback

Call before bowl season and not only will you receive two cans of Flex Seal, but you'll also get a free handy can of flex shot...  guaranteed to right your ship.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Rudy Baylor

Lake Conway wouldn't be a bad place to sink if you're going to sink

You wouldn't die

Drop the Mike

The OTR

Lots of folks complain about their threads being tossed in the trash. 

I only have one complaint about this one being tossed into the trash:

What took you so long?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 04, 2017, 12:24:55 am
Lots of folks complain about their threads being tossed in the trash. 

I only have one complaint about this one being tossed into the trash:

What took you so long?
Because nobody visits the Shopping and Bargains forum, you big dummy.   ::)