Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chaney / Pittman - what happened?

Started by twistitup, September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Wildhog

Well, they've got a ****load of talent to work with.

Chaney was terrible.  I mean, just atrocious.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

I think on the upswing has yet to be seen.  They've got it good at Georgia and they can snuggle together at night. Easier division, easier recruiting, and higher profile.  What happened? Chaney' offense sucked and Pittman was butt hurt when we dropped his buddy. In fact part of our OL woes have to do with him checking out his last year here.

navyhog24

UGA fans even hate Chaney hire for them. Tennessee fans told us he would suck like Hogs fans tried to do the same for UGA.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 12:02:49 pm

Correction, nutrocious.

baitshop

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 12:02:49 pm

Now, don't go talking common sense with these guys, they're on a roll...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 12:04:24 pm
I think on the upswing has yet to be seen.  They've got it good at Georgia and they can snuggle together at night. Easier division, easier recruiting, and higher profile.  What happened? Chaney' offense sucked and Pittman was butt hurt when we dropped his buddy. In fact part of our OL woes have to do with him checking out his last year here.

We talk shiite about them  - but Georgia sees them as HOMERUN hires - was the problem Cheney and Pittan  or CBB?

It's not like Georgia is hiring scrubs.....but here we are talking about them like they couldn't cut it at Arkansas.

Something doesn't smell right

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:05:47 pm
We talk shiite about them  - but Georgia sees them as HOMERUN hires - was the problem Cheney and Pittan  or CBB?

I'm not a CBB fan but Chaney was definitely a problem.   He drove me frickin' nuts. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

No, they don't.  Pittman, yes. Chaney? They don't see him as a homerun hire. In fact they hated him last year.

jgphillips3

Georgia's offense is not that good.  Their defense is pretty good.

Hog-Corleone

Pittman = good hire, Chaney, not so much...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

twistitup

TNhawgfan

Pittman is a home run hire. Dude is good at coaching and recruiting. I know many on here dislike him for checking out early on us, but when he and BB were on the same page our OL was the strength of the team
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Wildhog

Twist, go back and watch our games in '13 and '14.  I think you've forgotten the horror show that was Jim Chaney's offense.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arthur pigby sellers.

I seem to remember Cheney's offense being dependent on long vertical passing plays which often take a long time to develop.  He should be able to get enough talent in Georgia to protect his QB and let those plays develop. His system didn't work great here though. I agree that Pittman is a very good OL coach and he was the best recruiter CBB has had during his time here.

presidenthog

It's not like Georgia is hiring scrubs.....but here we are talking about them like they couldn't cut it at Arkansas.

Something doesn't smell right

Wrong. Georgia fans hate Chaney. They liked Pittman. We warned them about Chaney.. they didn't listen. Then wanted him fired at the end of last season.

Now they still want him gone, but know they have to fire Pittman to do that.

I do not just post on this board. I interact with other fans. Georgia hates Chaney. Does not consider him a homerun. This guy is FOS.

jethro

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on September 13, 2017, 12:25:37 pm
I seem to remember Cheney's offense being dependent on long vertical passing plays which often take a long time to develop.  He should be able to get enough talent in Georgia to protect his QB and let those plays develop. His system didn't work great here though. I agree that Pittman is a very good OL coach and he was the best recruiter CBB has had during his time here.
I aminly remember running the ball down teams like T Tech all the way to the 5 .  Just bulldozing them.  then get in the scoring zone and pull double reverses and flea flicker type nonsense. 
We would average 7 yds. per play running straight at them then get cute and hope to settle for a field goal.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

Großer Kriegschwein

Right now they are on second lunch at the Golden Corral due to the Cracker Barrel being out with an injury from their walk through this morning.

Manager is looking worried.

Press conference at 4.
This is my non-signature signature.

RazorPiggie

Easier to look good when you are surrounded by 4 and 5 stars?

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 13, 2017, 01:41:39 pm
Easier to look good when you are surrounded by 4 and 5 stars?

They've looked terrible. The OP is misinformed.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:43:39 pm
They've looked terrible. The OP is misinformed.

They just beat ND....are you saying we have upgraded since Cheney / Pittman were here?

Speaking of looking terrible - we just LOST to TCU and didn't exactly look dominant.

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:48:52 pm
They just beat ND....are you saying we have upgraded since Cheney / Pittman were here?

Speaking of looking terrible - we just LOST to TCU and didn't exactly look dominant.

Yes.  Enos is an upgrade over Chaney.  It's not even close.

Anderson was a downgrade, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 01:50:52 pm
Yes.  Enos is an upgrade over Chaney.  It's not even close.

Anderson was a downgrade, though.

When will Enos show it on the field?

We are struggling on O, true? Our play calling has been unbelievably bad....

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:53:19 pm

I agree, so far this year, he is looking very Chaney-esque...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:48:52 pm

You made false claims. Just admit it.

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:53:19 pm

He did in '15 and '16.  If you couldn't see the enormous improvement from Chaney, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

I'll readily admit that Enos didn't have a good game against TCU, but I'm looking at the body of work as a whole, and it's not close.
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:56:05 pm
You made false claims. Just admit it.

What's the false claim I made?

They just beat ND - we lost to TCU and you are claiming we are better off now than when we had Cheney? There are plenty of articles out there talking about the improved Georgia program and superior staff that Smart has assembled.

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 01:56:27 pm
He did in '15 and '16.  If you couldn't see the enormous improvement from Chaney, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

I'll readily admit that Enos didn't have a good game against TCU, but I'm looking at the body of work as a whole, and it's not close.

He didn't finish last year strong...and has not impressed me much in the qb development dept. either - hopefully AA can turn things around but dayyummm really?

Not to mention he had to resign at Central Michigan before coming here - what has he done to impress you so much?

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:57:47 pm
What's the false claim I made?

They just beat ND - we lost to TCU and you are claiming we are better off now than when we had Cheney? There are plenty of articles out there talking about the improved Georgia program and superior staff that Smart has assembled.

There are a LOT of legitimate ways to criticize Bielema.  This isn't one.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Marshfieldhog

Our problem wasn't getting Enos to replace Chaney,

Our problem was getting Anderson to replace Pittman. Not sure what CBB was thinking with that hire.

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 01:59:57 pm
He didn't finish last year strong...and has not impressed me much in the qb development dept. either - hopefully AA can turn things around but dayyummm really?

Not to mention he had to resign at Central Michigan before coming here - what has he done to impress you so much?

Perfectly legitimate complaint.

But comparing him to Chaney is not.  Chaney sucks.  Chaney sucks hard.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:00:11 pm
There are a LOT of legitimate ways to criticize Bielema.  This isn't one.

I started the thread with a question....not being critical. It's a fact that CBB has trouble retaining a staff, but that is not what this thread is about.

Chaney MAY suck, but let's keep an eye on Georgia this season and compare offensive stats at the end - who sucks more.....Enos or Chaney?

At least they started with a W....we can't say the same. It's easy to trash guys that are gone, but if he wasn't respected - he wouldn't be at GEORGIA. Most would say he took a step up from Arkansas

NoogaHog

Chaney took the #1 recruit in the country in Eason and made him into an average QB. New QB's at SCarolina, Ole Miss, and Alabama looked a lot better last year. The fans were calling for Fromm to start before the season started and Eason got hurt.

Just look at BA's turn around under Enos. We may be struggling, and UGA may have more talent, but all things being equal, I would take Enos 10 times out of 10.

Pittman vs. Anderson is a different discussion entirely.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:03:19 pm
I started the thread with a question....not being critical. It's a fact that CBB has trouble retaining a staff, but that is not what this thread is about.

Chaney didn't work out at Arkansas because he sucks.

Pittman didn't work out at Arkansas because Chaney sucks.
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:04:24 pm

Chaney has a better job now - he must REALLY suck.

Georgia saw how much they sucked and decided to hire both of them....then they beat ND

.....and we have awesome coaches, did you watch us tear it up on Sat?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:04:24 pm

Does one suck the other is the question

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:06:23 pm
He has a better job now - he must REALLY suck.

He left here to go to Pittsburgh... Pittsburgh.  He got the job at UGA because Smart wanted Pittman.

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:06:23 pm
Chaney has a better job now - he must REALLY suck.

Georgia saw how much they sucked and decided to hire both of them....then they beat ND

.....and we have awesome coaches

No, we have a lot of guys that have never coached at this level before.  I don't expect much from them.

Our coordinators were good hires, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:07:32 pm
He left here to go to Pittsburgh... Pittsburgh.  He got the job at UGA because Smart wanted Pittman.

Exactly - that is how bad he wanted out. Then he parlayed that job into a BETTER job in the SEC - Georgia......Georgia

he sucks

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:09:01 pm
Exactly - that is how bad he wanted out. Then he parlayed that job into a BETTER job in the SEC - Georgia......Georgia

he sucks

He certainly does suck.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

LETs also add some more facts to this, Georgia called for Enos before they were told he can't come then they called Chaney.  They had to settle for chaney

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 02:10:36 pm
He certainly does suck.

.....and we are doing soooo much better without him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 02:08:01 pm
Same issue Bert was whining about when he left Wisconsin... coordinators on a revolving door.

The common denominator is... Bert.

We aren't really seeing guys leave to jump to a lateral position for a 20% pay bump
Though.  So not completely accurate

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 13, 2017, 02:11:18 pm
LETs also add some more facts to this, Georgia called for Enos before they were told he can't come then they called Chaney.  They had to settle for chaney

Link?

Because Enos was in such high demand after failing at Cen Michigan?

Little Lady Back

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 13, 2017, 12:08:54 pm
Pittman is a home run hire. Dude is good at coaching and recruiting. I know many on here dislike him for checking out early on us, but when he and BB were on the same page our OL was the strength of the team

Agree with you! Pittman leaving has hurt more than some want to admit.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Wildhog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:11:38 pm

You think if we brought Chaney back we'd be better?  I realize you're trolling but I want this to play out.  Bashing Chaney is one of my favorite things.
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:11:38 pm

You're too obtuse to realize your trolling comment is actually correct