Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR lady Trojans

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, March 23, 2015, 10:20:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Great effort. Got hosed in the last 2 minutes vs. Arizona St.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

3kgthog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 23, 2015, 10:20:50 pm
Great effort. Got hosed in the last 2 minutes vs. Arizona St.

I guess if by hosed you mean blowing two defensive rebounds late at the FT line and getting your final shot swatted.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 23, 2015, 10:25:09 pm

I guess if by hosed you mean blowing two defensive rebounds late at the FT line and getting your final shot swatted.

Phantom calls on UALR after the made basket by ASU which gave them the ball back. Plus the no touch call that gave ASU a 3- point play & the no call on the hack on UALR's last 3 point attempt.
Yeah, they got hosed.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hogs25

There was a mysterious 4 point play when it was 52-47 UALR.  They called a foul on a made shot so it's 52-49 and assumed asu was going to the line but nope they got the ball again then made another shot.  Where I'm at doesn't have DVR so I don't know what happened.  UALR led the whole game till the final minute. 

hoglady

Quote from: hogs25 on March 23, 2015, 10:42:17 pm
There was a mysterious 4 point play when it was 52-47 UALR.  They called a foul on a made shot so it's 52-49 and assumed asu was going to the line but nope they got the ball again then made another shot.  Where I'm at doesn't have DVR so I don't know what happened.  UALR led the whole game till the final minute. 

The foul call was off the ball and supposedly happened just after the made basket. Never saw a replay of the foul off the ball, but that really hurt.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

UALR got some bad calls at the end.
But they also forgot they had Taylor Gault on the floor.
The UALR point guard did a very poor job over the last 4 minutes getting the ball where it needed to go and she forgot she hasn't been shooting worth a darn.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Rawker

Quote from: hoglady on March 23, 2015, 10:52:53 pm
UALR got some bad calls at the end.
But they also forgot they had Taylor Gault on the floor.
The UALR point guard did a very poor job over the last 4 minutes getting the ball where it needed to go and she forgot she hasn't been shooting worth a darn.

True.  But they totally got hosed.  I don't watch hardly any women's Bball, but I was texting updates to friends in China who went there and couldn't get the feed.  Just from the POV of a basketball addict, I saw two ASU girls turn into (I'm sure they were encouraged) complete goons in the last of the 2nd half, after they were being dominated by trying to play normal basketball.  Refs gave them every call down the stretch when they should have been called for fouls for being WAY too aggressive.  Meh.  Whatever.  Great job for UALR and Foley tho.   

Danny J

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 23, 2015, 10:32:35 pm
Phantom calls on UALR after the made basket by ASU which gave them the ball back. Plus the no touch call that gave ASU a 3- point play & the no call on the hack on UALR's last 3 point attempt.
Yeah, they got hosed.
Yep...they were definitely hosed. Terrible calls late going against UALR on D and no calls on 3 UALR misses late in the game. It was definitely biased officiating late. The game was called rather evenly up until then. All the sudden UALR can't stop them down low? No way.

Hogz87

Questionable calls or not, I knew when Arizona State banked in that prayer/fluke 3 from 30 feet out as the shot clock expired, the Lady Trojans were in trouble.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas Little Rock should have wont the game against Arizona State.

hawg1221

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 23, 2015, 11:58:29 pm
Questionable calls or not, I knew when Arizona State banked in that prayer/fluke 3 from 30 feet out as the shot clock expired, the Lady Trojans were in trouble.

Yes. I watched the entire game and that banked in 3 pointer at the buzzer with 2 minutes left was the turning point. Up until that moment, I was feeling pretty good about the Trojans chances.

razorhogLR

Those ASU forwards were banging down low worse than UK does, but like UK not a single call for it.

lstewart

UALR has a very good team. Watched both their NCAA games and was impressed. They absolutely should have won last night. Arizona State was really lucky to throw in the 3 as the shot clock went off, and the 4 point play was just strange. UALR did get pretty rattled in the last few minutes and lost their composure, but I thought they were clearly the better team.

Hogman2

Explain to me how Arizona St. played a HOME GAME in an NCAA game?  Pathetic!

thirtythree

Quote from: Hogman2 on March 24, 2015, 10:21:52 am

The women's tournament does that. Baylor was at home. UK was at home.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hogman2 on March 24, 2015, 10:21:52 am
They would generate even less revenue if they tried to hold it at neutral facilities, so they hold the regionals at some of the best women's venues they can find, based on records. very similar to the baseball tourney.

lc480

UALR point guard lost that game. She took a lot of bad shoots.

hoglady

Quote from: lc480 on March 24, 2015, 10:58:49 am
UALR point guard lost that game. She took a lot of bad shoots.

Totally agree with that.
It started with about 7 minutes left and ASU making their comeback.
She never made a concerted effort to get the ball to their best player - Gault.
And she took some absolutely horrible shots early in the shot clock on a number of trips down the floor.