Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson

Started by biglewhog77, February 12, 2017, 11:30:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If we fire coach Anderson tomorrow do you think Arkansas get a top ten coach to come here

YES
29 (20.3%)
NO
81 (56.6%)
MAYBE
33 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Voting closed: March 15, 2017, 12:30:24 am

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on February 14, 2017, 09:52:12 am
Mike's not going anywhere anytime soon. If I had to guess he will retire here.

If this happens. They might as well move games to Fayetteville High school
Gym. BWA is nearly empty now. Much more of this mess and it might go under 5k per game

porkinsons disease

Quote from: realistichog on February 14, 2017, 10:59:21 am
Is youngsta MA's son?
^^^ nice. I think if he was, he would be sitting next to TJ
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 14, 2017, 11:04:46 am
If this happens. They might as well move games to Fayetteville High school
Gym. BWA is nearly empty now. Much more of this mess and it might go under 5k per game
Hope they bought a lot of curtains for the upper deck......and possibly part of the lower deck. Maybe they can pull a Merkel and pay students to go watch this mess
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HognitiveDissonance

You think Mike Anderson has any idea how much debate he generates?

Starting with about the third year, which would have the 2013-14 season, this same debate has been going on. MA was still on honeymoon and most people don't really start keeping score until the third year. But it's been non-stop since then.

I think it says a lot. There will always been some carping and bickering, even if undefeated, but this much constant turmoil is a telling thing.

JayBell

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 14, 2017, 11:19:08 amYou think Mike Anderson has any idea how much debate he generates?

Starting with about the third year, which would have the 2013-14 season, this same debate has been going on. MA was still on honeymoon and most people don't really start keeping score until the third year. But it's been non-stop since then.

I think it says a lot. There will always been some carping and bickering, even if undefeated, but this much constant turmoil is a telling thing.

I think it quieted down a bunch in year four.  I and a few others were getting slammed in the third year when we dared question him.  We still had issues with his coaching the following season, but they won games.  And it was fun.

But yeah, it's been the same since Portis and Qualls announced.  Anderson doesn't seem like he has the pulse of the fan base.  Say what you want about Bielema, he knows the situation he is in.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 14, 2017, 11:19:08 am
You think Mike Anderson has any idea how much debate he generates?

It's just frustrating to watch a Mike Anderson coached basketball team!

FineAsSwine

Is youngsta MA's son?

If this were true, he'd have a great dad.

rude1

Kind of an absurd question really, everyone with a link of sense know we would have to hire a solid up and comer, and there is no shame in that.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rljjr on February 14, 2017, 10:50:00 am
You're right on. Six years is 4 years too short. Sarcasm off.
We keep forgetting about the pass on the first two years.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 14, 2017, 10:59:09 am
I'm sure that 16 win season with a roster that he built really impressed the national media

THE depleted roster is no ones responsibility but the head Coach. Why are you giving him a pass on that ?
Because I have enough common sense to know that stuff happens. That was one of those years where stuff happened. You think he wanted Bobby and Qualls to leave early for the draft after we had already signed the next class? You think he told Beard and Williams to spend fake money? You think he told Whitt to transfer? All of these things happened after we had already signed our next class. And we still manage 16 wins overall and 9 conference wins some kind of way.

Youngsta71701

Is youngsta MA's son?
I wish I was. I wouldn't be on here wasting time with y'all clowns. I would be out there somewhere spending money as we speak. lol... BTW not calling anyone clowns. Just a figure of speech.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: trphog on February 14, 2017, 12:32:24 pm
Well that list has Greg Marshall in the 40s. Credit lost
What conference do they play in again?

Monk-N-Dunk

Sharman White (Asst. at GSU)

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211069031

In only 10 years of existence, he guided the Wolverines to state championships in seven of his final eight seasons, including a state record six in a row (2009-14), eight "Final Fours" and 8-time region Championships.

After another successful campaign in 2015-2016, which included a Final Four finish in the Dick's National High School Tournament and a top ten national ranking, White was named the National High School Coaches Association (NHSCA) Coach Of The Year.

Sivad

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on February 14, 2017, 12:36:16 pm
Kind of an absurd question really, everyone with a link of sense know we would have to hire a solid up and comer, and there is no shame in that.

Exactly. As I've stated before, the first one I would go after would be Richard Pitino who is currently at Minnesota.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Rooster Hogburn

Would Nolan come out of retirement? If not, I believe Dana Altman has some unfinished business here.

Tim jankovich is awesome too.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

HiggiePiggy

We are paying top 26 right now and getting about 80th to 100th in coaching.  So maybe we can find someone that actually is top 26. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

biglewhog77

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 14, 2017, 09:22:22 am
I voted yes because what I thought the poll was asking was if Mike was fired could we go out and hire a much better coach and my answer is yes. 

A coach who teaches toughness, correct way of playing defense and how to attack opposing teams weaknesses.

Look at UALR last year and TT this year plus Okie State and Ms St then ask if hiring the  right coach  matters.   We can do better.

We are a very bad defensive team.  Mike teaches his defense to be aggressive and to attack.  He tries to speeds other teams up but it takes the right players to play those defenses.  For some reason he has not recruited very many of those kids.  It also takes guys who love to play defense who are very aggressive, long and athletic.  But even if Mike could or would sign those guys the good teams would just throw it over the top of our double teams to wide open shooters.  those gambling and slapping defensive teams usually do not get far in the NCAAT.  Just too many well coached and talented teams out there who know how to attack those defenses.

We often forget Nolan's best years were not those gambling, reaching, slapping, grab ass teams.  They were the bigger more physical inside teams with some good shooters.  Mike needs to remember the glory teams e hand not the ugly teams Nolan had.

The NCAA toke that type of defense out cause you can't hand check no more that's why that defense don't work

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 14, 2017, 10:07:39 pm
We are paying top 26 right now and getting about 80th to 100th in coaching.  So maybe we can find someone that actually is top 26.
If he's the number 80 coach with these numbers I would love to see the top 79.

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (2011–present)
2011–12 Arkansas 18–14 6–10 9th 
2012–13 Arkansas 19–13 10–8 7th 
2013–14 Arkansas 22–12 10–8 5th NIT Second Round
2014–15 Arkansas 27–9 13–5 2nd NCAA Second Round
2015–16 Arkansas 16–16 9–9 T–8th 
2016–17 Arkansas 18–7 7–5   
Arkansas: 120–71 (.628) 55–45 (.550) 
Total: 320–169 (.654)