Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why waste your time? Find Peacr

Started by Letsgohoggin, February 11, 2017, 09:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsgohoggin

As fans we get angry, spew hate, wish for changes, and often react quicker than we think. Who the coach is matters little to me, if and when there is a change I'll support it. If there isn't one I'll support that. I have actively been a basketball and football coach in the state of Arkansas for 18 years, and have seen the ups and downs, mad fans and happy. The level of entitlement and vitriol I see spewed by both sides is sickening. I'm so happy we won this game and I feel the need to say to everyone, "finish the ride, let happen what happens". There is nothing positive to be gained by either side by continually arguing. None of us is charged with or entitled to, make the final decision for the university of Arkansas. Our charge is to do what we can, our part, to help these guys feel loved and supported. As fellow Hog fans I wish you peace and happiness.

hogwood

You obviously don't understand the purpose of a forum; discussion and debate.

And real fans don't sit back and enjoy a product that disappoints year after year. How can we? We aren't supposed to just support whatever the product is just because it's Arkansas. We have the right to demand for better because without fans ($$$) there is no program and no culture.

TheEnemy

Quote from: Letsgohoggin on February 11, 2017, 09:44:41 pm
As fans we get angry, spew hate, wish for changes, and often react quicker than we think. Who the coach is matters little to me, if and when there is a change I'll support it. If there isn't one I'll support that. I have actively been a basketball and football coach in the state of Arkansas for 18 years, and have seen the ups and downs, mad fans and happy. The level of entitlement and vitriol I see spewed by both sides is sickening. I'm so happy we won this game and I feel the need to say to everyone, "finish the ride, let happen what happens". There is nothing positive to be gained by either side by continually arguing. None of us is charged with or entitled to, make the final decision for the university of Arkansas. Our charge is to do what we can, our part, to help these guys feel loved and supported. As fellow Hog fans I wish you peace and happiness.

Sounds more like you are indifferent and just a casual fan.

I love Razorback Basketball and it the product we are putting on the court now saddens me.

greasy_corner

I hope you trip and fall down a chasm on your way to self-discovery. 

JK.

Not really. 

Letsgohoggin

I understand the money, and the anger. I understand disappointment with losses to two terrible teams. Fans are the social and monetary backbone of the organization. Debate, be angry, and form your own opinion. It's the American way. But if you think the conversation on this board is constructive or conducive to building the razorback brand then my words fall on deaf ears anyway. I love the Hogs and my fellow fans.

hogwood

Quote from: Letsgohoggin on February 11, 2017, 10:06:15 pm
I understand the money, and the anger. I understand disappointment with losses to two terrible teams. Fans are the social and monetary backbone of the organization. Debate, be angry, and form your own opinion. It's the American way. But if you think the conversation on this board is constructive or conducive to building the razorback brand then my words fall on deaf ears anyway. I love the Hogs and my fellow fans.

Who has ever said that on this board? Do you think people here seriously think that they are here to directly voice their opinions to the athletics department and will Jeff Long to change what he thinks?

Letsgohoggin

Quote from: greasy_corner on February 11, 2017, 10:04:53 pm
I hope you trip and fall down a chasm on your way to self-discovery. 

JK.

Not really.

I've fell down often. Age has offered me perspective and perseverance. I've coached champions and losing seasons. Thank you for your levity it was enjoyed brother.

Torqued pork

February 12, 2017, 12:41:20 am #7 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:19:20 am by Torqued pork
The UofA covets its dominance of sports loyalty in our state and has reaped many benefits from that dominance. It should expect everyone to care when times are good or not so good. They worked for it.