Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson Supporters

Started by Sho Nuff, February 11, 2017, 07:57:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raz1965

I love Razorback basketball and want  Arkansas get back to the past, I have seen Anderson win more on the road, a knock that most had against him. The reason I still support Mike is simple, I think most teams we play have better athletes but yet Mike still has a winning record, that being said it is Mikes job to get players, now he has 3 four stars signed and several more committed, I believe Mike will win big with athletes and no coach will win with out them, so lets get the players and play ball. The season still has six scheduled games to play and I expect Arkansas to win enough to put themselves in the tourney, if you listen to hogville we had a loss on paper last night, I will support Jeff Long to make the call in the end.

GuvHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 11, 2017, 09:54:24 pm
Joe Lunardi says we are still in the field with the win tonight. I would say that is significant.

Yes, Lunardi still has the Hogs in the field and to stay there they must keep winning but since the rest of the teams they play are much better than the LSU team they beat last night, that will be a very difficult task.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

zuko

Quote from: Bkhardicars on February 11, 2017, 08:30:05 pm
Before this game, I was thinking he should get another year. I have to admit he appears to have lost the team..How many dunks and layups has LSU made? That is just lack of effort on our part. These last few losses are just like the football teams nose dive. It's not THAT they lost, it's HOW they've lost.I hope I see the news tonight that we came back and beat LSU and then we go on a tear for the rest of the year and make the tournament...Sadly, I think there's a better chance of us losing the rest of our games.

If Anderson gets another year and he will, I believe it will be worst than this year. This year, the SEC overall has seen a down year. The leaders of the SEC number about 5 - 6 teams and the rest are playing .500 or less. Next year the league should improve overall and the competition will be greater. Anderson's team right now will get no better unless they pick up that one or two guys that they need to be perennial competitors.

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Seaghawg on February 12, 2017, 12:13:36 pm
I would like to fire a lot of the fans that make idiotic remarks on here.
+1 and welcome to hogville.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: pigheaded on February 12, 2017, 01:34:29 pm
One word

Missouri
They did get another win last night against Vandy. Just sayin...Maybe they are not as bad as some people think. Maybe they have just had some bad breaks. ???

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 12, 2017, 02:44:41 pm
They did get another win last night against Vandy. Just sayin...Maybe they are not as bad as some people think. Maybe they have just had some bad breaks. ???
Try reading things like this out loud before you post them.  Are you seriously trying to defend our loss to Missouri?  They are terrible, and it was a terrible loss.  I understand that you want to defend Anderson, but this isn't the way to do it.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Dropkick on February 11, 2017, 08:32:15 pm
Mike Anderson = Nolan's revenge
Yes.
Nolan intentionally burned the program down. Now he is salting the ground with six years of Anderson.

89ALUM

Well, we played our way into the tourney a couple of weeks ago with nice road wins against Vandy, TAMU and Tenner.  Then we played our way out of the tournament with  :puke: against Mizzou and Vandy. 

Good news is we still have the opportunity to play our way back in with a 4-2 finish.  Maybe 3-3 with a couple of SEC tourney wins gets us to an 11 seed or last four in.

Our defense has been miserable in our losses.  That is simply a matter of effort and coaching.  I think this team let up after the Bama game, and lost focus.  That's also on the coaching. 

So Mike's gotta get these guys back on track, and the LSU road game was a step in the right direction.   I'm sure the seat's hot under Mike right now, and every coach worth his salt will turn that on his players to get their attention.

Unlike many of you, I don't think Mike will be fired this year, even if we miss the tournament.  Long doesn't strike me as a guy who lacks patience.  But I do think Melvin or TJ or both will be dumped or found new landing spots (a la Bielema re/ Smith) if we continue to struggle.  Mike is loyal to his assistants, as are most HC's.  But if it comes down to them or him, Mike will do what he's gotta do.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

biglewhog77

Why nobody on Jimmy Dykes or Van Horn they haven't did anything in a while..... If Van Horn got a little color on baseball team they might be better......

biglewhog77

All I here is Coach B this and Coach A this. If you to get some people out here fire all of them cause the sports department going down........ :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sho Nuff

Van Horn has taken us to 4 CWS appearances.  Was this an attempt at humor or just race baiting ignorance?

hawginbigd1

Just watched 40 minutes of Hell, I will be sad if MA can't pull this off. Him getting us back to the top would be a great story.

southeasthog

Quote from: biglewhog77 on February 12, 2017, 11:18:37 pm
Why nobody on Jimmy Dykes or Van Horn they haven't did anything in a while..... If Van Horn got a little color on baseball team they might be better......

I'm trying to decide which one of your posts is the dumbest..... The one above, or the one below.

Quote from: biglewhog77 on January 12, 2017, 11:31:26 pm
Hire Coach Houston Dale Nutt back

ShadowHawg

More comedy. So much fail in this thread.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 04, 2017, 07:57:33 pm

The fail is you resurfacing the same threads you've been complaining about!  Why would you dislike them so much yet bring them all back to the top of the post list?

Get over it, man.  You made your point.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2017, 08:17:40 pm
The fail is you resurfacing the same threads you've been complaining about!  Why would you dislike them so much yet bring them all back to the top of the post list?

Get over it, man.  You made your point.

Because some claimed they never happened.

I am content for them to find their way back to the message board wastelands now.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 04, 2017, 08:21:59 pm
Because some claimed they never happened.

I am content for them to find their way back to the message board wastelands now.

That's a relief.  Your contentedness was a major concern for all.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2017, 08:23:06 pm
That's a relief.  Your contentedness was a major concern for all.

Are saying you think it should stay around. As long as you continue to be a jerk about it I am going to assume you like reading all the fail.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 04, 2017, 08:26:57 pm
Are saying you think it should stay around. As long as you continue to be a jerk about it I am going to assume you like reading all the fail.

Sure, you repost all manner of garbage former threads and I'm the jerk.  I couldn't care less about them.  You are one pompous guy.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2017, 08:28:36 pm
Sure, you repost all manner of garbage former threads and I'm the jerk.  I couldn't care less about them.  You are one pompous guy.

Lol. I only posted SOME of the many threads available to prove they existed after being told they didn't. You are taking this completely out of context and way too hard. Let it go. The point has been made.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 04, 2017, 08:33:17 pm
Lol. I only posted SOME of the many threads available to prove they existed after being told they didn't. You are taking this completely out of context and way too hard. Let it go. The point has been made.

Taking it out of context?  You are strangely oblivious.

Have a nice evening.  I'm going to watch the Diamond Hogs.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogsonHicks on March 04, 2017, 08:36:56 pm
Taking it out of context?  You are strangely oblivious.

Have a nice evening.  I'm going to watch the Diamond Hogs.

Definitely out of context. Just showing examples of what wasn't happening on this board.

You are who is oblivious to the fact that this merely a response to another thread. It was easier to bring the thread up than copy and paste all the links in a post.

You only know enough about what is actually going on here to be dangerous.

Rawker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 05, 2017, 12:50:28 am
Definitely out of context. Just showing examples of what wasn't happening on this board.

You are who is oblivious to the fact that this merely a response to another thread. It was easier to bring the thread up than copy and paste all the links in a post.

You only know enough about what is actually going on here to be dangerous.

I like it myself.  Entertaining.  As long as the mods allow it, why couldn't you do it all you want?  Someone that gets upset about you bringing back old threads doesn't have to pay attention.  But personally, I enjoyed it.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Rawker on March 05, 2017, 02:15:43 am
I like it myself.  Entertaining.  As long as the mods allow it, why couldn't you do it all you want?  Someone that gets upset about you bringing back old threads doesn't have to pay attention.  But personally, I enjoyed it.

Reading back over some of them this morning with a cup of coffee. The hysteria in the chicken coop was hilarious.
Hogs up! Covid down!

raz1965

I have always thought Mike was a fine coach, but to finish so strong down the stretch and very likely make the NCAA tourney was nothing short of great coaching. I feel great about the future of Razorback roundball under Mike and his staff. The SEC will be so much better next year, the wins will be harder to get but the quality will be there, with 3 four stars signed and player improvement this team has a lot of upside. It is very possible they sign yet one more 4 star in Zhaire Smith to complete the 17 class, how great that would be.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 04, 2017, 07:57:33 pm
We should bump and update all of the negative and fire Mike Anderson threads from earlier in the season. What say ye? ;D

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 05, 2017, 02:38:00 pm
We should bump and update all of the negative and fire Mike Anderson threads from earlier in the season. What say ye? ;D

Not really.

I think I got the point across that there was indeed deluded hope for this team tanking and not merely criticism as was originally stated.

This particular thread was aimed squarely at people who still believed. Trying to make them look like hopeless kooks.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 05, 2017, 02:44:26 pm
Not really.

I think I got the point across that there was indeed deluded hope for this team tanking and not merely criticism as was originally stated.

This particular thread was aimed squarely at people who still believed. Trying to make them look like hopeless kooks.
Ok, we can leave it alone then ;D. I'm just glad he showed the ability to change and start mixing things up a bit when something wasn't working. I knew he was stubborn (all coaches are) but he showed that he could adjust when need be. I'm just glad he didn't wait too late. Go Hogs!! :razorback:

rude1

Those doing this are only setting the table for later when the team hits a rough patch. Might be next year but eventually the team will hit a rough patch, and then the other side will be bumping Pro Anderson posts like crazy to show how premature they were in there belief in him. Like I said before, it is no longer about the program and wanting success, for both sides now it is more about being right about Anderson than how well the program is doing.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on March 05, 2017, 02:48:26 pm
Those doing this are only setting the table for later when the team hits a rough patch. Might be next year but eventually the team will hit a rough patch, and then the other side will be bumping Pro Anderson posts like crazy to show how premature they were in there belief in him. Like I said before, it is no longer about the program and wanting success, for both sides now it is more about being right about Anderson than how well the program is doing.
I think most are just having fun at the moment but when push comes to shove we all, make that most of us just really want the Hogs to win no matter who the coach is. :razorback:

Rather some are too naïve to admit it or not there are truly some on here that don't like Mike and don't want him to be our coach just because he's black. And that is so sad that some people still think that way. There it is. I said it. If you don't feel that way then this shouldn't bother you at all. :razorback:

PonderinHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 05, 2017, 02:54:57 pm
I think most are just having fun at the moment but when push comes to shove we all, make that most of us just really want the Hogs to win no matter who the coach is. :razorback:

Rather some are too naïve to admit it or not there are truly some on here that don't like Mike and don't want him to be our coach just because he's black. And that is so sad that some people still think that way. There it is. I said it. If you don't feel that way then this shouldn't bother you at all. :razorback:
Some are enjoying it a bit too much.  I won't mention any names...   ;D

ShadowHawg

They already do this. It's hardly a threat.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 05, 2017, 02:46:23 pm
Ok, we can leave it alone then ;D. I'm just glad he showed the ability to change and start mixing things up a bit when something wasn't working. I knew he was stubborn (all coaches are) but he showed that he could adjust when need be. I'm just glad he didn't wait too late. Go Hogs!! :razorback:

I had my doubts as well after Vanderbilt and the first half at Lsu. I don't begrudge anyone for being deeply concerned. But we were still projected in the tournament at that time so it's reasonable to believe that those who were hiring new coaches already were mostly crazies mixed with some knee jerking fans.

In the end, I just want the Hogs to return to winning at a high level regardless of who the coach is.

I don't think the haters enjoy the wins as long as MA is coach. To me that is bizarre.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2017, 02:57:28 pm
Some are enjoying it a bit too much.  I won't mention any names...   ;D
I told you. I'm done. I'm just going to root on my Hogs from now on and try to leave all of this extra stuff alone. It's just so frustrating to me when people give up so quickly and easily. Some for legitimate reasons and some not. But oh well, that's them. As for me and my house we will remain faithful and optimistic until given a reason not to be. WooPig!! :razorback:

I rode with Richardson, Heath, and Pelphrey until they were gone and I will continue to do the same with Anderson. Doesn't matter who the coach is I will continue to be a Hog fan and root on my Hogs. Once again WooPig!! :razorback:

Timfromlittlerockhog

I didn't bother with reading this thread. But I know my response. This program was a rebuild. Much of the in-state talent left for other schools simply because of timing. Kentucky and Florida are destination schools and Arkansas was not. Early our team was trending upward until the 27 win season when things crashed because of some off the court issues and some recruiting mistakes and of course two guys decisions to turn pro early.

Last year hurt the program. But it wasn't a death sentence. AND prior to this season the officiating in this conference was horrible. In fact, I would say it was so bad that it cost Arkansas at least one tournament birth. I'm referring to the Florida and USC games prior to the 27 win season.

If you are one of those people who just see things in terms of black and white and refuse to see things like circumstances and other factors then I could see why you would choose to be unhappy. But sometimes things are more complicated. So my advice would be stop being a simpleton. Anderson is a good coach.

PonderinHog

Yes, he is a good coach.  He also has had some bad luck, starting in his first season when Marshawn Powell went down before game #2.  They might have been a tournament team with Powell.

Gonzo

So true imo. The lines have been drawn and rather than enjoying the Hogs, now some (not all) on both sides have to win, as if it somehow validates anything about them. Sad really. I have a few friends like that, once differing views are exposed, there has to be a winner and a loser. For the most part the discussions are over at that point for me, not worth the trouble. Just an extension of the larger society into which we seem to be morphing I suppose, but I would hope something like college sports, which should be an outlet from the real world's torments, would be more free of it. Even though it still gets overblown, I can almost understand it between rival teams, but within one fanbase I just find it comical. Oh well, onto the postseason...

Go Hogs!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2017, 05:04:28 pm
Yes, he is a good coach.  He also has had some bad luck, starting in his first season when Marshawn Powell went down before game #2.  They might have been a tournament team with Powell.
Hmmm, a lot of people forget about that or just choose not to remember it. Glad you brought that to some peoples attention though. How quickly we forget. No doubt they would have been a 20 win team and possibly a postseason team in his 1st year.

Sharky

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 11, 2017, 07:57:26 pm
Serious question - how many years are you ok with missing the tournament before you would want a coaching change?  At some point, continuing to support a coach that is failing your school is the opposite of supporting your school.

There are too many factors to consider. Injuries, players in trouble or leave for other reasons, academic issues...some of that a coach can control, some he can't. And it also depends on how many years of coach equity he has built up here (tourney runs, recruiting skill, etc).  Anderson is a fine coach, above average for sure, but not an elite coach, not a coach that will win national championships (elite guard play will always expose the press). So the real question is at what point do you risk losing a good coach in Anderson? I don't think you do, unless he slides pretty hard for 3-5 seasons in a row. Mike Anderson is currently the 26th highest paid coach. About right for his level of success so far. I feel like his ceiling here might be a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run (not this year), and that that will be enough for most Arkansas fans who don't harken on about the glory days.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Sharky on March 08, 2017, 02:07:34 am
There are too many factors to consider. Injuries, players in trouble or leave for other reasons, academic issues...some of that a coach can control, some he can't. And it also depends on how many years of coach equity he has built up here (tourney runs, recruiting skill, etc).  Anderson is a fine coach, above average for sure, but not an elite coach, not a coach that will win national championships (elite guard play will always expose the press). So the real question is at what point do you risk losing a good coach in Anderson? I don't think you do, unless he slides pretty hard for 3-5 seasons in a row. Mike Anderson is currently the 26th highest paid coach. About right for his level of success so far. I feel like his ceiling here might be a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run (not this year), and that that will be enough for most Arkansas fans who don't harken on about the glory days.

I love you ceiling people.

Have you ever seen the man's coaching bio? Seriously?

He went to the Sweet 16 at UAB. He went to the Elite Eight at Missouri.

So when you say he MIGHT do those things here, you are saying that you don't believe our program has more to offer than UAB or Missouri. Totally asinine.

JJ Frazier would like a word with you about the whole press doesn't work against good guards thing you mentioned.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 11, 2017, 07:57:26 pm
Serious question - how many years are you ok with missing the tournament before you would want a coaching change?  At some point, continuing to support a coach that is failing your school is the opposite of supporting your school.

We missed last year and are going to make it this year? My question back at you in a respectful manner would be. Why do you want to go in that direction?

It sure looks like Mike has this thing looking up! I am baffled at people still asking these quesions. If Long is smart he needs to extend Mike and raise his pay to the level of the other coaches in the SEC. Just think people should lay down their swords and root for the HOGS. JMHO..Respectfully..

GuvHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 08, 2017, 02:41:39 am
I love you ceiling people.

Have you ever seen the man's coaching bio? Seriously?

He went to the Sweet 16 at UAB. He went to the Elite Eight at Missouri.

So when you say he MIGHT do those things here, you are saying that you don't believe our program has more to offer than UAB or Missouri. Totally asinine.

JJ Frazier would like a word with you about the whole press doesn't work against good guards thing you mentioned.

What happened to JJ Frazier and Georgia is what happens to a team that loses it's best player and the second best player tries to carry the team on his back. Without Maten, Georgia was not near the same team they were. When Maten went down, Frazier was all Georgia had left and he wasn't close to being enough.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: GuvHog on March 08, 2017, 08:50:10 am
What happened to JJ Frazier and Georgia is what happens to a team that loses it's best player and the second best player tries to carry the team on his back. Without Maten, Georgia was not near the same team they were. When Maten went down, Frazier was all Georgia had left and he wasn't close to being enough.

Saturday I saw a few open shots UGA passed up that a team with better shooters would have taken and hit.

GuvHog

March 08, 2017, 09:09:29 am #94 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:35:30 am by GuvHog
Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 08, 2017, 08:58:08 am
Saturday I saw a few open shots UGA passed up that a team with better shooters would have taken and hit.

Yep, if Georgia had lost Maten earlier in the year they wouldn't even be in the NIT discussion much less the NCAA discussion. Without Maten, Georgia managed to score only 60 points against an Alabama team that the Hogs blew out.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: GuvHog on March 08, 2017, 09:09:29 am
Yep, if Georgia had lost Maten earlier in the year they wouldn't even be in the NIT discussion much less the NCAA discussion.

(I should say this was in the second half when Frazier was in foul trouble, which was a great strategy.)

SPAL

Quote from: biglewhog77 on February 12, 2017, 11:18:37 pm

You need to be punched for this crap. This should have been deleted and you should have been sent packing. It is ignorance at its finest.

Pork Twain

I just want to get back to winning and become a regular in the NCAA's and go deep every once in a while.  If MA can do that, I am good.  If he cannot, he needs to go.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

azhog10

Quote from: GuvHog on March 08, 2017, 08:50:10 am
Have you watched Frazier against other teams? He has won every game since Maten left all on his own. Some even mentioned the Dogs were playing better after Maten got hurt just because Frazier took things to a different level. The fact is, Frazier was close to being enough for them. They lose to Kentucky by 5 with Maten playing two minutes and then getting hurt, they go on to win three straight after that game including a game at Alabama. They then lose to us by double digits. Before Maten went out they were no stranger to close games, beating Tenner at Tenner by 1 and at home vs. MSSU by 7. They lost @USC with Maten, lost to Bama by 20 with Maten (they won at bama without Maten). So it appeared JJ was more than enough for them.

azhog10

Quote from: GuvHog on March 08, 2017, 09:09:29 am
Yep, if Georgia had lost Maten earlier in the year they wouldn't even be in the NIT discussion much less the NCAA discussion. Without Maten, Georgia managed to score only 60 points against an Alabama team that the Hogs blew out.
You do realize they scored 60 points against Bama the first time they played them. That was with Maten on the roster......oh but they managed to give up 80 points at home to Bama but without Maten they held Bama to 59......What's the difference? They won the game without Maten, lost the game with him.