Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else just hear Dan Wolken on Gary Parrish's show?

Started by HawgAdvocate, February 10, 2017, 04:53:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2017, 12:35:18 pm
If playing in one ncaat in 5 years is winning, then, yea, I guess.

I was responding to a post that asserted that Frank Martin can coach because he has won everywhere he has been. Why did you quote me because we aren't having the same conversation?
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2017, 12:38:20 pm
I was responding to a post that asserted that Frank Martin can coach because he has won everywhere he has been. Why did you quote me because we aren't having the same conversation?

Because you are asserting that Anderson has done the same as Martin. If so then they are either both good coaches or both bad coaches.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2017, 12:31:23 pm
Mike Anderson has done the same.

I did not say cma cannot coach a girls b team.  I never said he cannot coach.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dsims2k3

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2017, 10:17:57 am
Sounds like what happened here after Portis left. Oh, except they went from 27 wins to 16.
Billy  Kennedy  went from 28 wins to 13 wins thus far, but you claim he's a  better coach. 🤔 Something looks inconsistent with your logic.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 11, 2017, 10:23:09 am
It's funny how much of a 180 this board has done when it comes to Buzz Williams. I was his most vocal supporter after Pelphrey was fired and I got HAMMERED by several posters.

Buzz was at the top of my list for coaches I thought we could realistically get at the time. Would still love to have him but I think it'd be much harder to get him to make the switch now.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Jonteviosk

How many Frank have at USC none? Gotcha ok your point is made.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Sivad

Working on his 6th and maybe his 7th.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 14, 2017, 01:14:56 pm
Buzz was at the top of my list for coaches I thought we could realistically get at the time. Would still love to have him but I think it'd be much harder to get him to make the switch now.

I believe that ship has sailed. But, hey, we beat Wofford by 3 points and lost to perhaps the worst team in Missouri's modern history.

GuvHog

Quote from: Kevin on February 14, 2017, 11:52:05 am
that is ignorant. frank martin can coach. he has won everywhere he as been.

No doubt about it. As I said earlier, Frank is twice the Head coach Mike will ever be.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jonteviosk

Quote from: GuvHog on February 14, 2017, 04:40:00 pm
No doubt about it. As I said earlier, Frank is twice the Head coach Mike will ever be.

Again learn Basketball Frank hasn't even taken them to TOURNEY and yet hes 2 the coach. Spoken by someone who doesn't know the difference between golf and basketball.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

rude1

LOL, still trying to figure the Frank Martin love. This is his 5th season, this will be his FIRST tourney visit there. Losing his best player by far at the end of this season, will be uphill to get back into tourney next year = 1 tourney visit in 6 years, sound familiar?

Jonteviosk

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on February 14, 2017, 05:09:10 pm
LOL, still trying to figure the Frank Martin love. This is his 5th season, this will be his FIRST tourney visit there. Losing his best player by far at the end of this season, will be uphill to get back into tourney next year = 1 tourney visit in 6 years, sound familiar?

Check his record at Kansas State.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: GuvHog on February 14, 2017, 06:28:24 pm
Check his record at Kansas State.

In that case check MA complete record at Missouri and elite 8 yeah boy

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 15, 2017, 12:06:33 am

Comparing Frank Martin at Kansas State vs Mike Anderson at Missouri:

Frank Martin - 4 NCAA tournament appearances in 5 seasons; one Elite 8; .684 winning % overall, .610 conference winning %

Mike Anderson - 3 NCAA tournament appearances in 5 seasons; one Elite 8; .661 winning % overall, .538 conference winning %

But your own desired criteria, Mike Anderson is inferior to Frank Martin in Big 12 play. Except, here's another thing -- Anderson followed a coach at Missouri who went to 4 NCAA tournaments and an Elite 8. Kansas State had not been to the NCAA tournament since 1993 (under Dana Altman) when Frank Martin took over. KSU had not been dancing for 15 years before Frank Martin. I'm not sure where this march to prove Mike Anderson is a better coach than Frank Martin is coming from when Martin outperformed him in the Big 12 and takes over and actually turns around tougher jobs.

GuvHog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 15, 2017, 12:06:33 am

Check Mike's record at Missouri after the previous coaches players had all left the team. It ain't pretty.

hogsanity

Quote from: rude1 on February 14, 2017, 05:09:10 pm

I did not say I love Frank Martin, but for someone to say he could not coach girls b team, or whatever the stupid statement was, is just stupid.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 05:25:00 pm
I'm in complete agreement with Rude.
Me too, and I'm not an MA guy.
But I don't believe the grass is always greener.
MA has achieved everything those guys have.
I'm not crazy about Frank Martin, Billy Kennedy, Archie Miller. All of those guys have had moments of glory, but nothing consistently great. So has MA.
All I know is MA hasn't done as well as he has needed to, HERE AT ARKANSAS, and he's in trouble. I think we can do better, but if there's a next coach 'savior', he's probably an unknown guy at a mid-major. That's the recipe for Ark success---the legends generally came from nowhere to stardom(Eddie, Nolan, John McDonnell, etc)