Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Defensive Performance

Started by steveaustin69, February 28, 2018, 08:10:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

steveaustin69

of the season. Team did the little things; quick on rotations. Team looked comfortable in the zone; closed out hard on threes. I believe I only counted one truly wide open three.  If they can play half as good as they did last night (last night was a statistically elite performance) they will be dangerous from here on out. 

Dr. Starcs

Not even close. Gafford perhaps, but the rest of the team not so much.

Our defense is what keeps us from being great. IMO

steveaustin69

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 28, 2018, 08:13:01 am
Not even close. Gafford perhaps, but the rest of the team not so much.

Our defense is what keeps us from being great. IMO

I agree; our defense has held us back most of the year. They were by no means perfect; some possessions will leave you scratching your head. But we held Auburn to an effective fg% of 39%. NCAA leader is Michigan State at 42%. Team played well, and, yes, Gafford was a monster.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 28, 2018, 08:16:07 am
I agree; our defense has held us back most of the year. We held Auburn to an effective fg% of 39%. NCAA leader is Michigan State at 42%. Team played well, and, yes, Gafford was a monster.

Auburn had a lot of open looks from 3 but just didn't knock them down. Gafford defense was good last night but a couple guys on this team are very selective of when they will play defense.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 28, 2018, 08:18:42 am
Auburn had a lot of open looks from 3 but just didn't knock them down. Gafford defense was good last night but a couple guys on this team are very selective of when they will play defense.

I thought we did a significantly better job at closing out and contesting threes than we have for the year. As I said, only one three comes to mind where the effort, closeout and contest was truly bad; I could be forgetting some. I'd have to rewatch the game. I agree the effort is very selective; can make for a frustrating team to watch.