Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Senior Wisdom

Started by reddogjcss, October 19, 2013, 03:05:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddogjcss

I have a friend that played for the Razorbacks the first year Frank started at Arkansas. Now that being said and the fact I listen to my elders as with age comes wisdom. He is very upset about the program and he stated it starts at the top with Jeff Long. He blames him for last year and this year.
He is also very upset with the fact that the AD is not an Arkansas boy! He stated only an Arkansas boy can understand the passion the fans have for the program.
He does think coach B can turn it around but is very upset that long didn't put in an Arkansas boy as Head coach instead of JL. He thinks Gus, Butch or another should have been put in after Bobby and should still be coaching now!
He thinks only Arkansas boys should be in charge of the program.
I know things change I just wanted to give you an old timers perspective (Tom) on what some of the older players and fans think!
What's your take on this perspective?

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: reddogjcss on October 19, 2013, 03:05:32 pm
He is also very upset with the fact that the AD is not an Arkansas boy! He stated only an Arkansas boy can understand the passion the fans have for the program.

This is plenty to go on.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

ZERO

Quote from: reddogjcss on October 19, 2013, 03:05:32 pm
He is also very upset with the fact that the AD is not an Arkansas boy!

Well, now I know your friend is an idiot. This is as far as I needed to read.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

reddogjcss

I'm telling you he is upset with the AD! I got to where I change the subject so he doesn't get to fired up!

TennesseeRaz

I think your ole friend married his sister.  We want the best we can get; I don't care where they come from.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: reddogjcss on October 19, 2013, 03:08:41 pm
I'm telling you he is upset with the AD! I got to where I change the subject so he doesn't get to fired up!

Yes.  It was important that you included why he was upset so we would know he's an idiot right away.  Thanks.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

reddogjcss

We'll he did play for Arkansas for 4 years and played.

redswarmrising

oh god....not another "we should've hired Gus!" thread  :puke:

Hardman

Remind your friend Frank is from Georgia.

elksnort

Lou Holtz is from West Virgina/ohio.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Arkansas boys have never been in charge of the program, they've been the lifeblood as it should be, but never been the head honcho in any sport.

The U. of Arkansas consistently spurns homegrown coaches across the board.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BallHog1

Yeah....Houston was an Arkansas boy and i think we all agree on how far that got us. I couldn't care less where the leadership grew up, just keep strong leadership. i think we have it right now.

reddogjcss

Good point I'll have to tell Tom that!

H-TownHawg

I think your friend is right..Saw an article few years back that state of Arkansas produces more D1 talent in coaching than any other..
From the Bear to Gus..(Tuberville, Butch, HDN, Jimmy, Switzer, Hatfield )
Frank is from GA but I think the AR guys should get a look...

reddogjcss

Post got mostly clobbered earlier today but I think ole Tom is right!