Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaching Staff & Recruiting

Started by want2be, January 05, 2008, 08:56:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

With the new coaching staff, does anyone think that there will be changes in who we go after this year ???  After losing Okpara and Picking up Wilson (if nothing else changes), I guess there are 6 openings left.

I would like to see them secure Adams for a DBack / Flanker and they need to pick up another stud DBack that can play as a Frosh.

Askew is the only DT verbally comiitted to date and that would be another needed spot along with a LB.

It looks like this staff should be able to recruit in several areas of the US. Petrino did well at getting a couple of guys to focus in Texas with Botkin and Campbell.

OFFICIAL AND COMPLETE

HC - Bobby Petrino(46)  Click here for Bio

Offensive Staff

OC/WR - Paul Petrino(40e)  Click here for Bio
QB - Garrick McGee(34)  Click here for Bio
OL - Mike Summers(old)
RB/TE - Tim Horton(38e)  Click here for Bio

Defensive Staff

DC - Ellis Johnson(55e)  Click here for Bio
DT - Bobby Allen(48)  Click here for Bio
DB - Lorenzo Ward(40e)  Click here for Bio
DE/ST - Kirk Botkin(36)   Click here for Bio
LB - Reggie Johnson(33e) Click here for Bio

age is in parentheses the (e) represent an estimated age based on year of college graduation.

Off the field staff

Jason Veltkemp - Strength and Conditioning Click here for Bio
Dean Campbell - Director of High School Relations Click here for Bio
Mark Robinson – Director of Football Operations no bio, but hails from A&M

GalaHawg

Petrino is a national brand name and Bobby and Paul will attract big time skill players from California to Florida...

McGee will focus on Tulsa, OK as well as northern TX... KS commit OL John Williams (from Tulsa) is on his radar already.

Mike Summers have ties to Kentucky mostly - but a lot OLs will be attracted with his NFL experience...

Tim Horton is the new Sherriff in AR... and will also go in MO and KS...

Ellis Johnson will work his connections in MS and AL...

Bobby Allen will get his usual Dallas and Eastern TX recruits...

Whammy Ward (man I'm so excited about this guy) has great connections in GA and VA - he's a top notch recruiter... He may also go after the Memphis area as well...

Kirk Botkin will probably cover northern LA and Southeast TX...

Reggie Johnson - another top notch recruiter will cover northern FL - especially Tallahasee area...

In addition --- Dean Campbell, the new director of HS relations - have big time TX connections... Played for Texass, coached at both A&M and TTU...

How can anyone not be excited about this kind of coverage...

jim hog

Arkansas is shaping up to go after the best football talent. Go hogs.

Torqued pork

I'm especially excited about Ward. Va. Tech always has great athletes on defense and the Virginia and D.C. area is a very fertile recruiting area.

The real Hogules

Just a F.Y.I. the coaching staff is going to be trying to turn Okpara back to the Razorbacks, or at least that was what I have heard and read.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hog_fan

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 05, 2008, 02:10:27 pm
Just a F.Y.I. the coaching staff is going to be trying to turn Okpara back to the Razorbacks, or at least that was what I have heard and read.

Richard mentioned it. I'm not sure he will listen. He didn't wait to meet BP and his parents are out of the country. They need to go to Bama and focus on Robinson. He could start as a freshman in my opinion.

want2be

If each one of these assistants could swing a great 3* or 4* to the hill (that is not on our current list) it would be 3 homeruns in a row.

1) Long hiring Petrino
2) Petrino hiring Staff
3) Keeping the verbal recruits we want and swaying 6-7 studs.