Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love this staff Recruiting is the name of the game folks

Started by forrest city joe, January 04, 2008, 06:31:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

With BP, and this staff. we now have coaches who can recruite all over the country. i hope we also will spend some time in CA, for some of the great skill players teams like USC,CAL and UCLA, can't take.there are so many great skill players in CA. that you can find great players. also, we have to start to get some good players out of the state of Louisiana. i hope we put 2 strong recruiters in that state.LSU can not take them all.from what im reading and hearing, this is a staff of very good recruiters. and they will get the job done coaching or he will replace them. the days of keeping guys because they are your buddy is over. we have a real bigtime coach now folks.

The real Hogules

We have an actual coaching staff as opposed to an intramural basketball squad, masquerading as a football coaching staff.

This is a good thing!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: THANK YOU!!! Finally somebody else that believes we should, and can, recruit Nationally, not just regionaly! +1 to you FCJ!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

forrest city joe

If you guys remember, we use to go to places like CA and NJ to get players . remember little Derek holiway, the WR from NJ? we also use to get players from Ohio and PA. with a head coach like BP. we can recruite from coast to coast.it's a new day.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

FCJ what you think Larry Rogers will do the next couple years here at Forrest City? I see he made the super sophomore team this year. Good prospect for the Hogs in the future????
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

forrest city joe

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 04, 2008, 08:41:19 pm
FCJ what you think Larry Rogers will do the next couple years here at Forrest City? I see he made the super sophomore team this year. Good prospect for the Hogs in the future????
I love the kid and think he has a chance to be a high D1 recruite. i love what Rich trail, is building here. we played a lot of so, this past season.our QB next year should be really good. take care.

The_Bionic_Pig

Alright from what I can tell these coaches have strong relationships with H.S. coaches in Miami, Florida/ Tulsa, Oklahoma/ Monroe, La/ Birmingham, AL/ Southeastern, TX.  did I miss anyone  ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ArkHogJason

Great post Forrest City Joe you need to post more often.I'm from Wynne, so I guess I will see Larry Rogers this football season. I don't remember him from the 2007 game.What position does he play?

SpiritHog

FCJ I missed you on SportsRap today.   Always enjoy your rants (ala Dennis Miller) that is a good thing.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

forrest city joe

Larry was number 50. he played TE and DE. he's a tall kid that needs to fill out.but he has a lot of talent.Forrest city HS, has a lot of good young talent. i also like the junior RB J.R.williams.

jgphillips3

With Petrino, we actually have a REAL football coach.  From what I can see, he is not a politician, a good ole' boy or anything other than a 100% "professional" football coach.  He has national credibility (despite ESPN's slander) and has the charisma to make a youngster from somewhere else believe they should come here. 

I think it would be great to try to pull a Pete Carroll and cherry pick players from around the country for certain spots on the team, but if he can maximize efforts in Texas and Florida and pick up some others from the south, we really don't have to go to much further away on a consistent basis.  Those two States alone, if they become viable recruiting grounds for us can propel us to the top if we consistently get the best in-state talent to stay home.

Oh, and I too always appreciate the comments of FCJ.  You are always entertaining and almost always dead-on with what you have to say.  I've enjoyed hearing you on the radio for years.

3kgthog

Technically we could recruit only regionally and do very well. Dip into Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, and northern Louisiana and we'd be set. As long as we got most of the Arkansas top 10 of course.

jim hog

wildhawgs5

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 04, 2008, 09:22:39 pm
Alright from what I can tell these coaches have strong relationships with H.S. coaches in Miami, Florida/ Tulsa, Oklahoma/ Monroe, La/ Birmingham, AL/ Southeastern, TX.  did I miss anyone  ???

I really hope that they do come down to southeast texas, i have lived here for almost 20 years and i have seen alot of great talent here.

Horkus Porkus

wildhawgs5 name some of the better high school programs down in that area. Thanks

Masshog

Look at what a good coach Doc Rivers turned out to be this year....  He has already won more game this year than all last year combined...  Great talent makes a good coach great...  But a great coach can't take bad talent and make a great team.   
My feets hurt.

DeltaBoy

Soo Pig Sooie we are going National in recruiting NOW!!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldman1015

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 04, 2008, 09:35:55 pm
Larry was number 50. he played TE and DE. he's a tall kid that needs to fill out.but he has a lot of talent.Forrest city HS, has a lot of good young talent. i also like the junior RB J.R.williams.
i saw them when my son was playing 7 0n 7 in little rock. they have a ton of good skill people.
Arkansas, the left lane state.