Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting areas for the rumored new coaching staff

Started by Hogs12, January 04, 2008, 03:08:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs12

I was just thinking of the areas each guy on the coaching staff would be responsible for. Here is my take if I had a choice:

Garrett McGee: Tulsa Area, IL, St. Louis area.

Paul Petrino: GA, FL and whatever other areas he wants.

Mike Summers: KY, OH, Northeast and WV.

Lorenzo Ward: Mideast Region( NJ, PA, MD, DC Area and VA), AL and MS

Bobby Allen: Part of the Mideast region too, part of TX, and whatever areas he has contacts in.

Ellis Johnson: MS, SC, NC, eastern TN.

Botkin: LA, TX and some FL.

Tim Horton: AR, CO( from the time at Air Force AC.), rest of MO.

If the new guy hired is going to be a coach: Mountain Time Zone and West Coast.

Sorry if I missed anyone and people's names. That is plenty of areas to recruit from. What does everyone think of where I put people in?

Brewerfan10

surely we will have more than one guy in texas...I don't know how the areas are assigned but I would think it would be extremely hard to recruit one state like that by yourself.

want2be

If he comes Dean Campbell who is now with Air Force was a Longhorn grad and would likely be the other Texas connection.

The_Hill

Historically, has Coach Petrino shyed away from the high-profile recruits like HDN seemed to do?
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Hogs12

Quote from: The_Hill on January 04, 2008, 06:04:58 pm
Historically, has Coach Petrino shyed away from the high-profile recruits like HDN seemed to do?

Two completely situations but he recruited some 4 and 5 star players at Louisville. I would imagine with this staff, he would get more 4 and 5 star players. He mostly recruited 2 and 3 star players but from rich talent areas. He is a great talent evaluator.

mtownhog

need someone in western tennessee/ memphis region

jackflash

BP will do what most colleges do and assign four coaches to Texas