Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

looks like Thomas Shuler will be the next hog commit nutt goes after

Started by Razorback_Z71, December 31, 2007, 04:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Z71

Also my fullback, Tommy Shuler, is committed to Arkansas but you  never know now. I spoke with Coach Vaughn, and I think they are interested.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/715732.html

hog_fan

This guy should listen to the other coaches. Anyways he will get what he deserves from listening to a liar. Pro style offense my ass. Lee has busy recruiting for ole piss.

ntubjr

Wildhog

Shuler is one of the guys I'm really excited about.  Watched some video of him, and he's a tank.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BassinHawg

quote by the quarterback:

""They are just glad I coming to Ole Miss. They are real excited about me. Coach Nutt has been watching a lot of game tapes of me, and he thinks I can be a big time QB for his pro style offense."

Pro style offense?
I didnt know that consisted of handing the ball off 40 times a game and passing in the flats..

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Hawgvillain

LOL.  The same pro-style offense BS that they spewed here.  Add in that their fans are already on the "recruiting rankings don't mean anything" argument and they are well on their way.  I just can't wait for the "we only want kids that want to be Rebels" argument.  Hilarious...

want2be

These players are saying they think Ol Miss is going to be a national power !!

Petrino needs to get with these guys and show them his record at Louisville
how much more he has to work with at ARK.

Shizzle

I think most of the guys who follow Nutt feel they are not a fit for BP's system and do fit Hootens. I don't care that they go if it'd not the best system for them. I gladly trade HDN and whatever players go with him for BP. This should give BP a few extra schollies to offer who he wants instead of who he got left with.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Oklahawg

Nutt gets to start over. He'll have a real 2-year pass before anyone can have a lot of criticism stick with any veracity. Every coach gets a do-over at the new school.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Calling All Hogs

Pro style just means they are a proponent of style. In this case they mean running style.  :P

Happy New Year All!

Big Daddy

Quote from: Razorback_Z71 on December 31, 2007, 04:54:13 pm
Also my fullback, Tommy Shuler, is committed to Arkansas but you  never know now. I spoke with Coach Vaughn, and I think they are interested.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/715732.html

That's the biggest bunch of BS I've heard a recruit regurgitate in a long time. Not his fault but boy are feeding these recruits a bunch of bull.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He was the one player commited to us that I thought should go somewhere else to play. Bobby's offense doesn't use a fb. Even one as well rounded as Shuler.

ntubjr

It does not matter where he goes because he will not be eligible

Zen_Hog

I've seen Wilkes play in person. He's got a rocket of an arm, throws about a 92mph fastball. If he gets the right coaching, he'll be good. But we all know Nutt is the "QB killa" so I doubt he'll excel at the next level. Good luck to him. lol.

JohnnieWalker

Shuler would play next year.  Petrino uses I-Form a lot, a lot more than many here seem to realize.  He isn't normal "spread" guy.  Fullbacks certainly play a role.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JohnnieWalker on January 01, 2008, 02:42:44 am
Shuler would play next year.  Petrino uses I-Form a lot, a lot more than many here seem to realize.  He isn't normal "spread" guy.  Fullbacks certainly play a role.

Really? I was just going by want he told Jim Youngblood. He said he plays mainly a three wide recievers one back and one tight end.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 01, 2008, 10:23:52 am
Really? I was just going by want he told Jim Youngblood. He said he plays mainly a three wide recievers one back and one tight end.
Really?  The interview I saw said that he runs the I-Form about half the time and the spread about half the time.  Also the is a 3-wide set in the I form that doesn't use the TE.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 01, 2008, 08:30:39 pm
Really?  The interview I saw said that he runs the I-Form about half the time and the spread about half the time.  Also the is a 3-wide set in the I form that doesn't use the TE.

You are correct.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The_Bionic_Pig

Petrino's is called "Power Spread".   It is designed to the get the ball to the best Offensive Players on the team irreguardless to position.   In other words the coaching staff could get D-Mac & Marcus Monk the ball out of same play in 10 DIFFERENT FORMATIONS.   Its quite clever if you take a look at the film.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SPAL

nutt sure is sticking to his guns.."we only want kids who wanna be rebels."

Even if that means a 2 star qb

Chief Mac

Quote from: BassinHawg on December 31, 2007, 05:22:58 pm
quote by the quarterback:

""They are just glad I coming to Ole Miss. They are real excited about me. Coach Nutt has been watching a lot of game tapes of me, and he thinks I can be a big time QB for his pro style offense."

Pro style offense?
I didnt know that consisted of handing the ball off 40 times a game and passing in the flats..

here is another quote that will make you laugh your arse off!

"Coach Nutt is a winner, plain and simple, and he gets players there. They should have had the Heisman winner. He knows how to develop players. We are not going to have to sit around and develop players though. The players are already there at Ole Miss. They just needed a coach to finish the job. We are going to win big while I am at Ole Miss. I promise you that."

I guess based on the comment on "not having to develop players", Nutt thinks he has walked into a situation similar to what he had when he started here in 98.

We shall see.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

SquidBilly

The players are there to win the Sun Belt.  Last I checked they were 0-8 in the SEC this year.  One of the funniest parts of the quote was that they just needed a coach to finish the job.  Well hate to break it to you kid but they still do need a coach capable of finishing something other than a text message.

PorkSoda

Quote from: CallMeHog on December 31, 2007, 07:52:09 pm
Pro style just means they are a proponent of style. In this case they mean running style.  :P

Happy New Year All!
I think the term is funny.  As if all Pro teams run the same style of offense.

PS: I think Petrino can out recruit Nutt for any player he wants.  The question is if he can out recruit Texas or Florida for a player.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

3kgthog

Anyone know if Dale plays poker? I suck at it, but I could take millions off him because it's so easy to see through his b.s.

jgphillips3

I wouldn't blame a "pure" fullback from jumping ship.  Petrino needs a Hillis type H-Back but not a HDN style bruising fullback blocking in the hole.  However, I hope this kid understands that all he is going to be doing is blocking and understands he has essentially become an offensive lineman who lines up in the backfield.

hog_fan

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on January 02, 2008, 06:29:47 am

"Coach Nutt is a winner, plain and simple, and he gets players there. They should have had the Heisman winner. He knows how to develop players. We are not going to have to sit around and develop players though. The players are already there at Ole Miss. They just needed a coach to finish the job. We are going to win big while I am at Ole Miss. I promise you that."

I guess based on the comment on "not having to develop players", Nutt thinks he has walked into a situation similar to what he had when he started here in 98.

We shall see.

2 star QB. Sounds like Snead  better suck up or this guy will be Nutt's new casey. This guy is kissing nutt's ass big time just like casey did. I bet Nutt benches Snead given a chance.

The Recruiting Guy

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on January 02, 2008, 06:29:47 am

We shall see.

I just threw up in my mouth over reading that horsecrap quote...He might can get them there but they don't stay and as far as developing talent?  Laffin my azz off

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 02, 2008, 09:19:56 pm
I think the term is funny.  As if all Pro teams run the same style of offense.

PS: I think Petrino can out recruit Nutt for any player he wants.  The question is if he can out recruit Texas or Florida for a player.

And he may have evaluated some of the recruits Houston had committed and decide to let them walk without a fight as well.  He and Houston probably look for different type of players, especially offensively.

ksrazorback

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...