Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good win Hogs

Started by mizzouman, January 13, 2018, 07:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

They did what they had to do.  Should be a pretty good rematch. Maybe even an MPJ sighting. Wink, wink.

FraggleHog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 13, 2018, 07:28:11 pm
They did what they had to do.  Should be a pretty good rematch. Maybe even an MPJ sighting. Wink, wink.

If I'm MPJ, I don't even step foot on the hardwood this season for Mizzou.  No reason to risk getting re-injured before the draft.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: mizzouman on January 13, 2018, 07:28:11 pm

Was a pretty good game.  I completely expect Mizzou to win by 20+ in Columbia in the rematch.

Now this:

MPJ would have to be a complete moron to suit up for another collegiate basketball game.  If I were him, & cleared, no chance I'd risk the guaranteed millions of the NBA draft.  If there was no one-and-done rule, he'd be in the NBA already.  He's at Mizzou because of a stupid rule between the NCAA & the NBA... so seriously, why risk it?

I'm ready for them to go back to the 'high school straight to the NBA'.

mizzouman

Quote from: gguillo on January 14, 2018, 05:43:58 pm
Was a pretty good game.  I completely expect Mizzou to win by 20+ in Columbia in the rematch.

Now this:

MPJ would have to be a complete moron to suit up for another collegiate basketball game.  If I were him, & cleared, no chance I'd risk the guaranteed millions of the NBA draft.  If there was no one-and-done rule, he'd be in the NBA already.  He's at Mizzou because of a stupid rule between the NCAA & the NBA... so seriously, why risk it?

I'm ready for them to go back to the 'high school straight to the NBA'.
If he's cleared, he will play. If not, he won't. Getting hurt again isn't in the picture. But, I can understand that thought process.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: mizzouman on January 14, 2018, 05:59:05 pm
If he's cleared, he will play. If not, he won't. Getting hurt again isn't in the picture. But, I can understand that thought process.
Boy, you put that kind of assurance in a bottle and you've got a great career as an agent.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

mizzouman

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on January 14, 2018, 07:35:24 pm
Boy, you put that kind of assurance in a bottle and you've got a great career as an agent.
Only thing in play here is if he's cleared and in shape. If so, he will play. If not, he won't.

I will say this. If he doesn't by the end of the month the chances are he won't.

razorpimp

Sorry Mizzouman...Mizzou without the main Porter is just an average team unless they shoot great ....they play/look a lot like Arkansas

mizzouman

Quote from: razorpimp on January 14, 2018, 09:31:02 pm
Sorry Mizzouman...Mizzou without the main Porter is just an average team unless they shoot great ....they play/look a lot like Arkansas
Just a little better than average but not much. The 5 losses were close except for one. Will be a bubble team. But, you play with who you have. No excuses.

razorpimp

Quote from: mizzouman on January 14, 2018, 09:34:40 pm
Just a little better than average but not much. The 5 losses were close except for one. Will be a bubble team. But, you play with who you have. No excuses.
Yes you are right only two bad losses Utah and Illinois

hobhog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 14, 2018, 09:34:40 pm

Two average teams scoring in the 50s. Hogs were fortunate to win. Not sure either of these teams play in March.