Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about conservative saving? Please explain your answer.

Started by 007 License To Squeal, June 18, 2013, 12:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If I gave you $10,000 which you had to put in a safe for 10 years before using it, would you want me to put 10,000 one-dollar bills OR $10,000 in gold bullion (at its current price) in your safe?

Put the 10000 one-dollar bills in my safe.  They will have more buying power in 10 years.
1 (8.3%)
Put $10,000 in gold bullion in my safe.
8 (66.7%)
Diversify- Put 5000 one-dollar bills and $5000 in gold bullion in my safe.
1 (8.3%)
It doesn't matter.  Put EITHER one in my safe....and thanks for the money.
0 (0%)
Put $10000 in proof coins in my safe
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

007 License To Squeal

Please limit your opinions to the listed options.  If you've seen any of my posts, you know that I prefer gold bullion.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

OldPoop

Since you are putting 10 year handcuffs on me, and limiting the options, the only choice would be gold bullion.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 19, 2013, 10:18:47 pm
This guy is an idiot. This forum was better without him posting in it.

the forum before was just old poop, either do not read or do not post after he starts a thread, quit complaining about every thread that does not lick Buffet balls and realizes there other investments besides equities.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

dafe1

Gold will in all likelihood be lower in 10 years than it is today. I'll take the cash and gladly lose to low-medium inflation. At least I won't be stuck in a non-performing asset.

Buy gold in 70s/80s/90s -- don't see profit until mid-late 00s. Rinse repeat.

And whoever voted for modern proof bullion coins... grab your ankles.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on June 19, 2013, 10:39:50 pm
the forum before was just old poop, either do not read or do not post after he starts a thread, quit complaining about every thread that does not lick Buffet balls and realizes there other investments besides equities.
My post was not referencing Old Poop. Eat me.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 19, 2013, 10:18:47 pm
This guy is an idiot. This forum was better without him posting in it.

As you wish, I'm gone........It must be very tough for superior know-it-alls like you to have to tolerate others' opinions.

Good luck in your future investments.

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HOGLIGULA

June 22, 2013, 11:41:00 pm #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:21:58 pm by coolhandluke31
Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 20, 2013, 10:53:05 am
My post was not referencing Old Poop. Eat me.

I know who you were referencing, try reading comprehension for a while, it may get you somewhere, or do you not understand the comma?
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.