Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

alright you gurus what about X

Started by alwaysondbigscreen, February 02, 2009, 08:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysondbigscreen

us steel at a p.e. of about 2. That seems really really really cheap so whats up.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

alwaysondbigscreen

February 03, 2009, 09:47:26 pm #1 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:49:19 pm by alwaysondbigscreen
crickets, so how about rf, some of the board just bought a lot of stock as it sinks like a rock, could that be a good sign?

Masshog

Hey always, some of the guys that are usually willing to comment on individual names don't seem to be around over the last couple of weeks.  The guys on the board who are professionals typically don't/can't comment on individual names as it can cause them compliance headaches.  That said, it would be nice if someone would comment. 

My feets hurt.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: Masshog on February 04, 2009, 12:09:00 am
Hey always, some of the guys that are usually willing to comment on individual names don't seem to be around over the last couple of weeks.  The guys on the board who are professionals typically don't/can't comment on individual names as it can cause them compliance headaches.  That said, it would be nice if someone would comment. 

I wouldnt want to get anyone in trouble, I was  just kinda talkin out loud. I bought a little of both and just wondering how stupid I am? btw what the h does dr leonards post mean? or do i want to know

Masshog

Its so bad, he had to delete it I guess.  Since I remain bearish I don't think equities are good investments right now.  On that basis I wouldn't be a buyer of X.  Participation seems to be rather low.  I think the last six months have worn a lot of posters out.
My feets hurt.

vandybuff

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on February 02, 2009, 08:43:58 pm
us steel at a p.e. of about 2. That seems really really cheap ....
This guy will fly you round trip to Miami for $50.  That also seems really, really cheap.
http://www.nwairrepair.com/images/The%20Bad%20Yak1.jpg
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Fletch

I think there is still a lot of oversupply in the steel industry worldwide which has led to a destruction of pricing power. There needs to be consolidation in that industry so that the companies can gain the necessary scale that they need to regain pricing power. Raw materials prices are still very high too. That PE of 2 will likely not hold up as X will more than likely be reporting some losses going forward. Just my opinion.
I feel like $100

SpareRib

Quote from: vandybuff on February 04, 2009, 11:12:49 pm
This guy will fly you round trip to Miami for $50.  That also seems really, really cheap.
http://www.nwairrepair.com/images/The%20Bad%20Yak1.jpg

$50 for a ride in a convertible - nice!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

vandybuff

February 05, 2009, 10:26:12 am #9 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:29:26 am by vandybuff
thanks SpareRib -- here is my favorite:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/Aracasa/Airplanes/airplanes.jpg

I read the other day that divers had discovered items that perhaps, at one point in time, were worth one billion dollars very deeply under water off the English coast.  Tell me, why would any dive for AIG call options?  :)

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

SultanofSwine

I am probably going to add some steel exposure to my account just not sure when. Wont address RF other than to say I know of folks that have made some money in the last 9 mos trading that stock. None of them are long term investors though that I am aware of. Take that for what it is worth.

vandybuff

Quote from: SpareRib on February 05, 2009, 10:33:35 am
When bad things happen to good people ...  :o

http://www.funnychill.com/media/1036/Santa_Airplane/

haha -- good one. 

But now to Always .... screen:  if you have long term faith, there are several very good companies that have been caught in the falling tide.  Again,  I am not an equity player, but if I wanted the size risk that was associated with X, I think I would add an "ON" and check Exxon.   Also Jamie Dimond of JPM and Steinberg/Cumming of LUK have very enviable track records.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: vandybuff on February 05, 2009, 04:59:01 pm
haha -- good one. 

But now to Always .... screen:  if you have long term faith, there are several very good companies that have been caught in the falling tide.  Again,  I am not an equity player, but if I wanted the size risk that was associated with X, I think I would add an "ON" and check Exxon.   Also Jamie Dimond of JPM and Steinberg/Cumming of LUK have very enviable track records.
oh i got long term faith in the market, just not my ability to pick em. I do think its never as good, or bad as everyone thinks. So im kind of a bottom feeder. Ill have to check on exxon, and mmm, and johnson and johnson, and I still like amx I figure peopls still gotta talk on the phone.

vandybuff

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on February 05, 2009, 07:47:14 pm
I do think its never .... as bad as everyone thinks. .....

Well all I am certain of is that you have not eaten my wife's cooking!

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: vandybuff on February 05, 2009, 08:12:24 pm
Well all I am certain of is that you have not eaten my wife's cooking!
we discovered that our alarm system calls the fire dept autoamtically about a month after we moved in to our new house, that tells you 2 things (1) how bad my wifes cookin is, and (2) how often we eat out. btw when I said I bought a little rf earlier this week I sure wish I had bought about 10 times as much. just my luck everytime i buy something if it goes down I bought to much & if it goes up I shoulda bought more. I just cant win

vandybuff

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on February 06, 2009, 12:49:08 pm
we discovered that our alarm system calls the fire dept autoamtically ......

I can top that - mine both calls the fire department and the Pepto Bismol hotline! :)

alwaysondbigscreen

HONEST TO GOD about 2 weeks after she sets off the smoke detector and the fire dept shows up, she does it again I go to the front door and the whole fire dept is standing on my steps. I start appologizing and telling them about how we told to alarm co to turn off that option and how we thought it had all been fixed, and the guys says "dont worry about it at least we dont have to eat it".

vandybuff

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on February 06, 2009, 09:10:05 pm
HONEST TO GOD about 2 weeks after she sets off the smoke detector and the fire dept shows up, she does it again I go to the front door and the whole fire dept is standing on my steps. I start appologizing and telling them about how we told to alarm co to turn off that option and how we thought it had all been fixed, and the guys says "dont worry about it at least we dont have to eat it".

hahahaha!  What is the old joke about the bad cook using the smoke alarm to know the meal is done!  We had better stop this now or we will be cooking for each other!!!!