Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Traylor

Started by colbs, December 11, 2017, 09:06:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: colbs on December 11, 2017, 03:40:30 pm
I'm not sure Arkansas has had an elite recruiter?  I guess Sam Pittman was up there but can't think of anyone else. 

Pittman was elite. Washburn was elite. Partridge pretty darn close to elite.

Michael Smith was very good

snf6278

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 11, 2017, 06:13:48 pm
that seems unlikely
Only place I have seen that was on tigerboard. Unfortunately I almost went blind after 5 seconds so I really don't know what was said.

mizzouman

Traylor to Mizzou has some legs. Not sure if it will happen. Odom and Traylor know each other well.

Anyway we will see soon.

pghawg1

He may know Odom He Knows Morris too.

mizzouman

a0ashle

https://twitter.com/adamgrosbard/status/940397186029846528

Source: New SMU head coach Sonny Dykes will coach the Frisco Bowl as associate head coach Jeff Traylor will be leaving to take a position under Chad Morris at Arkansas

thebignasty

Quote from: a0ashle on December 11, 2017, 07:50:30 pm
https://twitter.com/adamgrosbard/status/940397186029846528

Source: New SMU head coach Sonny Dykes will coach the Frisco Bowl as associate head coach Jeff Traylor will be leaving to take a position under Chad Morris at Arkansas

big if true
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

SPAL

forrest city joe

This from twitter about Traylor.      Adam Grosbard‏Verified account @AdamGrosbard
5m5 minutes ago

Redhogs

Quote from: mizzouman on December 11, 2017, 07:01:43 pm
Traylor to Mizzou has some legs. Not sure if it will happen. Odom and Traylor know each other well.

Anyway we will see soon.
Looks like those legs just got broken. :) :)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
Jeff Traylor is a big deal in Texas.  Arguably more popular than Morris.

He even has a stadium named after him.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=433

He's also regarded as one of the best recruiters in the country.

Just to play devil's advocate why did Herman not keep him on the Texas staff?  I'm sure Texas pays more. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 08:01:57 pm
Just to play devil's advocate why did Herman not keep him on the Texas staff?  I'm sure Texas pays more. 
Because it's Texas. maybe he got someone ever better. nobody is saying he's the best. but from what i hear he is well liked in Texas.and he can recruit. time will tell on all these coaches.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on December 11, 2017, 12:47:00 pm
Dude has a high school football field named after him in east Texas. Would be a huge get!
My grandfather does too. 120 this month. Traylor is coming. Glad to have him on staff. My grand dad passed away many years back. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

TX HOG

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 08:01:57 pm

Good question. At Texas he was the nations recruiter of the year. You'd think he'd want to keep him.

mizzouman

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcam on December 11, 2017, 05:17:40 pm
Rumors of Traylor as Mizzou OC.
If he gets an OC job,i don't blame him one bit for going to Mizzo. i sure coach Morris has other good coaches in mind.

Lanlord

Justin Wells‏ @justinwells2424
18m18 minutes ago

Gilmer-Ex, and former SMU RB coach Jeff Traylor is joining Chad Morris in Arkansas. Huge boost for the Razorbacks. #WPS #bEASTtexas

Lanlord

Trent Shadid‏ @Shadid13

Jeff Traylor joining Chad Morris' staff is huge for Arkansas. Further strengthens recruiting in Texas, and he has experience as a successful special teams coach. Not sure that's the role he'll fill, but he'd be a great choice to take that over.

GoPigs69

Quote from: mj4president on December 11, 2017, 10:39:28 am
He won't be here, only would be if named OC, that ship has sailed.

Another post spoken as fact that couldn't be further from one. Some of you people...

SamBuckhart

Jeff Traylor spurns miz. Coming to Arkansas.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: mizzouman on December 11, 2017, 07:01:43 pm

Anyway we will see soon.

Aaaaaaaand you're wrong.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: mj4president on December 11, 2017, 10:39:28 am
He won't be here, only would be if named OC, that ship has sailed.

I swear on all things holy, it seems that some people just spout the first thing to come to mind.  All of your other incorrect guesses, now add this.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: SamBuckhart on December 11, 2017, 08:13:57 pm
Jeff Traylor spurns miz. Coming to Arkansas.

While Arkansas has sucked worse than misery the last few years, the upside at Arkansas is much higher than the dregs of misery.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 02:08:35 pm
Have I said how great a hire I think this would be?
ill bite. way to be positive!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Snout team

Man.  This is a big boost to strengthen this staff.  If we can get the same kind of hires on the defensive side of the ball and keep them all together for a few years we may actually finally reach "next year".

My whole life I've been waiting on next year.  I'm ready to get there.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 11, 2017, 08:20:56 pm
Man.  This is a big boost to strengthen this staff.  If we can get the same kind of hires on the defensive side of the ball and keep them all together for a few years we may actually finally reach "next year".

this was huge. biggest get yet.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: The Chief on December 11, 2017, 08:16:56 pm
While Arkansas has sucked worse than misery the last few years, the upside at Arkansas is much higher than the dregs of misery.

Mizzery has been pretty bad in 2015 and 2016. In 2017, they've beaten no one with a winning record in their six game win streak.

thebignasty

Best recruiter we've had since Pittman.
But they win

Lanlord

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 11, 2017, 08:20:56 pm

You and me both! 

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: thebignasty on December 11, 2017, 08:31:27 pm
Best recruiter we've had since Pittman.
pittman cant touch traylor tho.

SPAL

Quote from: The Chief on December 11, 2017, 08:15:52 pm
I swear on all things holy, it seems that some people just spout the first thing to come to mind.  All of your other incorrect guesses, now add this.

It's the pork fat jimmy phenomenon.

pigbacon

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 03:13:33 pm
http://www.smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=988

I called his office and left a message. I said if he was coming to Arkansas, no need to call me back.

If he calls I'll let everyone know.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

TX HOG

He should be able to destroy east Texas. I bet he'll do good nationally too

East Texas is 5-7 hours aeay from Fayetteville. Not too bad

Pork Twain

With the AD and HCing hires we have made a serious statement, to win, Arkansas has to have a foothold in Texass.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TX HOG on December 11, 2017, 09:12:54 pm
He should be able to destroy east Texas. I bet he'll do good nationally too

East Texas is 5-7 hours away from Fayetteville. Not too bad
we are about to dispel the myths about recruiting to Arkansas. TIME TO SEE our new ceiling, bawz.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 11, 2017, 09:14:16 pm
With the AD and HCing hires we have made a serious statement, to win, Arkansas has to have a foothold in Texass.

When CBB came I really thought him deemphasizing Texas was a good thing.  Replace those kids with Florida and Louisiana kids and we'd be better off. Turns out that's not true, and it may be a big part of what got him fired.  I hope this Texas experiment works.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 08:55:10 pm
pittman cant touch traylor tho.

Yes he can. Pittman is ELITE. Traylor isn't there yet.

thebignasty

But they win

Tim Harris

so that should be all the assistants on the offensive side of the ball.

thebignasty

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 11, 2017, 09:30:04 pm
so that should be all the assistants on the offensive side of the ball.

Unless they plan on using him as the special teams coordinator in the '10th' spot.
But they win

swineology

oldhawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2017, 09:24:38 pm
Yes he can. Pittman is ELITE. Traylor isn't there yet.

I don't see where Pittman left a whole lot of quality depth that he recruited to Arkansas.  Pitman is a very good coach and probably a good recruiter, I just can't put him in the "elite" category.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 09:21:34 pm
When CBB came I really thought him deemphasizing Texas was a good thing.  Replace those kids with Florida and Louisiana kids and we’d be better off. Turns out that’s not true, and it may be a big part of what got him fired.  I hope this Texas experiment works.

We still should be going after Louisiana kids.

lakecityhog

I was never too keen on M Smith as a coach, but he had the connections in Louisiana and we WILL miss that. A ton of kids from LA are just plain good athletes and you can never have too many good athletes.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: swineology on December 11, 2017, 09:38:21 pm
Link Sam?

Can't, behind a pay wall. Seriously, I read it too.

This is my non-signature signature.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: oldhawg on December 11, 2017, 09:39:39 pm
I don't see where Pittman left a whole lot of quality depth that he recruited to Arkansas.  Pitman is a very good coach and probably a good recruiter, I just can't put him in the "elite" category.

Pittman has signed 16 4*+ recruits.

And just got another 4* OL commit today.