SMU - Ben Hicks  47 rushes -79 yds  1 TD
Hogs- Cole Kelly 53 rushes - 74 yds  2 TDs

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 08, 2017, 10:35:59 am
2017 QB Rushing

[/thread]   +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HamGrowsOnTrees

No.

And no

Annnnd no
Just stop.

It's plain to anyone that has a brain that C.K. is a nose guard

He just needs to add 130 lbs of muscle and fat.

AirWarren

2017 QB Rushing

Way too many facts for this thread. Or forum for that matter.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: arslp on December 08, 2017, 09:02:43 am
Ok I,m ready for a ton of smites but until I see some true remorse for driving under the influence then I don't care if he's gone and actually wish for it. Instead of being sorry he was being a smart ass to the cops asking if they had a warrant. Let him go to texas A@M. Fisher loves that kind of player.

I saw it in the cop car on the arrest film...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 08, 2017, 10:37:14 am
No.

And no

Annnnd no
Just stop.

It's plain to anyone that has a brain that C.K. is a nose guard

He just needs to add 130 lbs of muscle and fat.

NYJMSU.... That set's a smoke screen for the truly stoooopid to weasel their way out. You're an enabler. ;)

redleg

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 07, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
Has there ever been a QB switch positions to OL??
Yes. Lane Johnson at OU.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

RebHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 08, 2017, 10:40:56 am
I saw it in the cop car on the arrest film...

Saw what? Remorse or bad attitude? Either way teenagers do and say stupid things add in alcohol that multiplies. To those wanting to crucify the kid after one incident I ask you to think about your past at that age if you can still stick your nose up to this kid well then kudos to you.

kp72204

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 07, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
Has there ever been a QB switch positions to OL??
Not sure, but I think the QB from Kentucky a few years back could have. Lorenzan, I think was his name.

Michaelt

I'm up in the air on this one....

If CK could lose a little weight, get quicker feet, and get better at his reads and some passes maybe he could do well in CCM's system.

Will be interesting to see what news and tidbits come out of practices and training reports.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RebHog on December 08, 2017, 01:56:26 pm
Saw what? Remorse or bad attitude? Either way teenagers do and say stupid things add in alcohol that multiplies. To those wanting to crucify the kid after one incident I ask you to think about your past at that age if you can still stick your nose up to this kid well then kudos to you.

Remorse... I have a son with similar mannerisms as Cole. The kid didn't regret getting caught. He regretted letting people down.

Piggfoot

Ok I,m ready for a ton of smites but until I see some true remorse for driving under the influence then I don't care if he's gone and actually wish for it. Instead of being sorry he was being a smart ass to the cops asking if they had a warrant. Let him go to texas A@M. Fisher loves that kind of player.
What will it take for you to see that remorse. I too saw the tape. He was not being a smart ass as you said. I thought he was respectful. His speech was not slurred. He was asking for his parents. I guess people see things differently and maybe what they want to see.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

PORKULATOR

OK arselips, we'll get to smiting
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pigstie

2017 QB Rushing

Means nothing. Have you seen Hicks play?  Not that impressive. SMU would have won 2 more games with a mobile QB. No one knows how TS would fare. If we sign GB, he's pushing for starting time from day one.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 07, 2017, 07:36:15 pm
It's 100% the kind of offense he ran at Clemson.  He adapts and plays to his strengths.

Well. There's a novel idea...

Oklahawg

You guys are fun! A small school QB from Arkansas is going to unseat in August drills a returning starter? Maybe get a package and ease into the role but his thing is CK's short of a grad transfer or Elite January enrollee. The entire roster is not optimal! Having the room of TEs, for example, means we will likely need a heavy package, at least.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TheEnemy

This thread leaves me......completely speechless.

CK will do fine in this offense.

emdavenp

Quote from: kp72204 on December 08, 2017, 03:35:38 pm
Not sure, but I think the QB from Kentucky a few years back could have. Lorenzan, I think was his name.

Ah yes, Jared Lorenzen. the "Hefty Lefty"

IronHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 08, 2017, 04:56:47 pm
You guys are fun! A small school QB from Arkansas is going to unseat in August drills a returning starter? Maybe get a package and ease into the role but his thing is CK's short of a grad transfer or Elite January enrollee. The entire roster is not optimal! Having the room of TEs, for example, means we will likely need a heavy package, at least.

People put too much into *'s and dual threat BS

Bama done went dual threat and can't win the big game without their pocket passer game managers or Kiffin 😬
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RideTillIDieHawg

2017 QB Rushing

Boom.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 07, 2017, 06:33:48 pm
No but I think a QB in Kentucky at one time ate the OL.................................
longest game in AR history. I was there. Him and Matt Jones running over everyone.
Pittman or Bust!

arslp

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 08, 2017, 04:31:43 pm
OK arselips, we'll get to smiting

Oh, no!!! Not the dreaded smiting!!!! Who gives a rip about your smiting? You know when you would give a rip, smiter? If he or anyone else under the influence hits your sister, kid, Mom, or you. If he doesn't have any fear of the police as a teenager or young adult, you think  an attitude like his - or yours - would foster that? You can join your little boy's club of smiting all you like.  You're still an irresponsible jerk. Smite away.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Josh Goforth

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 07, 2017, 07:57:02 pm
free safety or maybe corner back.  just needs to work on his hip flexibility, but should be able to compete with tall receivers for those 50/50 balls
Thought this was silly from the start but Kelley as a CB? Hahaha 6'7 270 out there, you playing Madden or something.

masbas3

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 07, 2017, 07:35:57 pm
I agree if he is willing to run the ball and be tough.  There was a guy named Tebow who ran the spread pretty well.

Tebow can run alot better than Kelley can.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Josh Goforth on December 08, 2017, 08:37:11 pm
Thought this was silly from the start but Kelley as a CB? Hahaha 6'7 270 out there, you playing Madden or something.
Prototype CB
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: arslp on December 08, 2017, 08:04:18 pm
Oh, no!!! Not the dreaded smiting!!!! Who gives a rip about your smiting? You know when you would give a rip, smiter? If he or anyone else under the influence hits your sister, kid, Mom, or you. If he doesn't have any fear of the police as a teenager or young adult, you think  an attitude like his - or yours - would foster that? You can join your little boy's club of smiting all you like.  You're still an irresponsible jerk. Smite away.

Yawn...

"Smite's don't bother me.!!"  Then 10 minutes later... "Mom people don't like me!""... "Whaaaaaaa!!!"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 07, 2017, 06:39:31 pm
He can IF he becomes a "dual-threat."  Only way that happens is if he drops 25-30 pounds which would improve his overall speed/quickness.  Seeing him this season during pre-game warm-ups, in a t-shirt without the shoulder-pads on, it is obvious he could drop some weight.

Do you know the name Ben Hicks? Go look at his rushing stats as he ran only 47 times. CCM's offense doesn't have to have a dual threat QB.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HoggyCat

Not sure why he'd need to lose weight. 
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Josh Goforth on December 08, 2017, 08:37:11 pm

Remind's me of a team of 7 footers that I built on NCAA 04 or some darn. 400lb linemen, 300lb RB's and LB's, 260lb WR's and DB's 250lb QB, all with 99 speed..!! We Were UNSTOPPABLE.!!!  LOL.!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on December 07, 2017, 07:13:29 pm
I swear,  some of y'all need to go watch some video of SMU's offense from this year. The quarterback in the Morris system at SMU is NOT a dual threat QB, he is a pro style shotgun passing QB. Cole Kelly will fit perfectly in Morris's offense with the cannon he has for an arm.. Do any  of y'all remember when Mallett ran the spread under Petrino?? He was way slower than Kelly and he ran it just fine.

Thank you Guv. If people are expecting a dual threat run offense then they will be disappointed.

Ben Hicks people.  47 rushing attempts all year. 47.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Billy Bats

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 15, 2017, 05:44:35 pm
Thank you Guv. If people are expecting a dual threat run offense then they will be disappointed.

Ben Hicks people.  47 rushing attempts all year. 47.

OC at Clemson.  Deshaun Watson.  Deshaun Watson.  He does lots of stuff. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogginintheville on December 07, 2017, 08:20:46 pm
Great coaches know how to adjust around the talent they have. That's what makes high school coaching legends. Petrino had Mallett we all saw what he did with him. Then he goes to Louisville and had Jackson with a completely different skill set and we saw what he was able to do with him. Point is, if Morris is the offensive guru we all hope he is then at least on the front end, he will work with what he has and make it work. I mean if Petrino could make Casey Dick into a decent QB isn't anything possible?

Exactly. This is what I like about CCM in that his offense will not fall apart simply because he doesn't have a dual threat QB. He adapts which probably will help him survive as a HC here.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 07, 2017, 08:31:18 pm
Watched it two years ago and wondered here why he wasn't more highly recruited.

My understanding was off the field issues.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 15, 2017, 05:45:49 pm

Do we have a DW on our roster? Or does this "He does lots of stuff" mean CCM will miraculously produce one?

Billy Bats

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 15, 2017, 06:01:13 pm
Do we have a DW on our roster?

Do we have an NFL quarterback with a torn ACL on our roster?  No.  Will Morris play the best dude at QB available to him irrespective of what he did at SMU or Clemson?  Yes. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 15, 2017, 05:53:16 pm

I was in south Louisiana during his Sr. year.  I laughed when a media/radio guy from down there called him a thug and that is why LSU wasn't recruiting him.  I laughed in his face.  "Oh, so LSU has standards now?  Like they don't have players arrested almost every year for beating people in or around a bar?"  I was in a group of LSU sympathizers but I couldn't hold back my laughter and my response to how stupid that was.

Anyway, apparently there was a shooting and I believe that Cole was shot.  The media guy told me that Cole still had the bullet in him.  I don't believe that is true.  Somehow this guy made it sound like Cole and two of his buddies were at fault for getting shot at.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news/2015/03/19/cole-kelley-testifies-first-fontenot-trial/25019939/

EDIT:  Bullet IS still in Cole Kelley.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bullet-lodged-in-his-leg-new-arkansas-qb-cole-kelley-still-getting-past-shooting
Retired Radio Host

HawgHawk

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 15, 2017, 06:06:20 pm
I was in south Louisiana during his Sr. year.  I laughed when a media/radio guy from down there called him a thug and that is why LSU wasn't recruiting him.  I laughed in his face.  "Oh, so LSU has standards now?  Like they don't have players arrested almost every year for beating people in or around a bar?"  I was in a group of LSU sympathizers but I couldn't hold back my laughter and my response to how stupid that was.

Anyway, apparently there was a shooting and I believe that Cole was shot.  The media guy told me that Cole still had the bullet in him.  I don't believe that is true.  Somehow this guy made it sound like Cole and two of his buddies were at fault for getting shot at.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news/2015/03/19/cole-kelley-testifies-first-fontenot-trial/25019939/

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bullet-lodged-in-his-leg-new-arkansas-qb-cole-kelley-still-getting-past-shooting

I lived there too at the time. Some beer was stolen out of a truck and the owner of the beer/truck shot a cpl of people. Said owner is now in prison, I believe.

ChitownHawg

I am going off memory, dangerous to do, but I recall CBB saying when they looked into the matter they didn't see a reoccurring event happening with CK. Seemed to be isolated incident.

naturalbornpigger

This thread is evidence of a very slow day...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 15, 2017, 05:45:49 pm

Look at how many times Watson ran His First Year. His First Year.!! That was Morris' only year with him...

Billy Bats

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 15, 2017, 06:32:52 pm
Look at how many times Watson ran His First Year. His First Year.!! That was Morris' only year with him...

He's a threat to run.  And pass.  Dual-threat. 

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 07, 2017, 06:35:19 pm
I'm thinking he starts next year too, he can run the RPO not because of his speed, but because of his power. 

He is still raw, but just means he has a lot of room to improve.

i agree. and he's got the body/arm strength to throw the ball while taking contact or even going down [ala jamarcus russell]. he's shown that this year.

i don't think he's the runner that others seem to think, but he's adequate and not afraid.
The rest of the frog.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 15, 2017, 05:50:22 pm
Exactly. This is what I like about CCM in that his offense will not fall apart simply because he doesn't have a dual threat QB. He adapts which probably will help him survive as a HC here.

The notion that he needs a DT QB is erroneous if you just look at the stats from his teams in the last year that he was at both Clemson and SMU. The RB's carried the load of running the ball, not the QB's. They were passers, not DT QB's.
Go Hogs Go!

Broke Tusk

CK will do just fine in CCM offense dude has a cannon for an arm. Can't wait for him to run and TRUCK  some safeties/ corner backs , Gona be FUN .

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 15, 2017, 06:39:29 pm
The notion that he needs a DT QB is erroneous if you just look at the stats from his teams in the last year that he was at both Clemson and SMU. The RB's carried the load of running the ball, not the QB's. They were passers, not DT QB's.

It seems some are running on the notion that all spread offense are run the same. It will be fun to see how he adapts with the current players. Especially how he works with the Oline to correct its issues.

daprospecta

Here is what weight loss will do.  Freshman year, 6'4 300lbs ballooned to 330 by end of semester and could barely dunk. Coaches told me to lose weight, started two-a-days at 260 and could almost do a 360 and had to run with the linebackers because I made the lineman look bad.  Weight loss can do some great things.

Hogwild

It was during Mardi Gras at 1am , Cole was 15 and didn't have a license,  his friend was shot and died.  The shooter claim they were robbing his car again, judge only gave him 13 months.  Kelly wasn't happy with the decision.
Quote"Y'all can clap now," an irate Kelley, 17, told Fontenot supporters as he walked out.

"Y'all can come see me," he told them before an adult shepherded the 6-foot, 7-inch teen out the courtroom door. Later Wednesday, Kelley tweeted "The Louisiana judicial system is a joke."

Fontenot, smiling and relieved after Rubin's decision, was handcuffed and whisked off by deputies. Guilbeau said he could be processed for the state Department of Corrections in Allen Parish, and that Fontenot would not be sent to the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola.

http://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/news/article_a6d04eb5-637b-5a54-99b9-76953da8693a.html

Later came out the shooter dealt drugs at the high school out of the trunk of his car. Busted by the local police, not sure how much jail time he got for that.

ThisTeetsTaken

Which is the problem with CK.  I like the kid but he is not an accurate mid and deep passer. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 15, 2017, 05:53:16 pm
You guys crack me up.  Ryan Mallett had off the field issues all the way back to high school.  Of course it was all covered up but it was no secret he was known as a thug.  Good luck with converting Kelley to another position.  You saw what happened when Nutt wanted to convert Mallett.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

bphi11ips

I posted numbers in another thread for Morris's numbers during the Clemson years. Yes. The running load is on the TB, and he doesn't rotate them the way Bielema does. He had a 1000 yard feature back every year at Clemson. But Tahj Boyd was a dual threat QB and so was Deshaun Watson. Boyd rushed for almost 1200 yards and 25 TDs in 3 years as the starter. He also threw for almost 12,000 yards in a vertical passing offense that used a lot of play action. Watson was a true freshman and was not the starter for most of his only year with Morris. Much has been made of the fact he ran for only 200 yards that year. He only passed for 1000. He scored 5 rushing TDs.

Morris's offense is based on a QB who is a threat to run. Otherwise the read option at the LOS doesn't work and neither does the vertical game. It is not Mullen's offense, but it is nothing like Kingsbury or Leach's, either. It is closest to Malzahn's and works best with a Newton, or a Marshall or a Boyd or a Watson running it. That is why Morris wants Bohannon. He built his SMU offense around his best QB, and that's what he'll do at Arkansas.  Kelley is probably that guy next year. Look for something like what Snyder did with Klein at K-State.

Look at Clemson's stats for 2011-14 and you'll see what I mean.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.