Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change to replay that I would like to see

Started by hogsanity, January 12, 2015, 11:03:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

No use of slow motion. Make the replay officials call it in real time just like the refs on the field.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

CabotHog87

We get enough calls that go against us already

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Hoggish1

January 12, 2015, 11:14:08 am #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:36:11 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2015, 11:03:21 am
No use of slow motion. Make the replay officials call it in real time just like the refs on the field.

Makes sense.  Almost every call made in real time could be overturned using super slow to review.

But once you have technology, it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

If I ruled the world I'd get rid of IR. (Still smarting over the Mizzou non fumble!)

heatmiser

Pass interference at spot of foul vs 15 yards. Also, if you are going to penalize offense "half the distance to the goal" from less than 10 yards, I'd also like to see offense lose the down. Half the distance from the 5 yard line is not a big enough penalty.
Arkansas Razorbacks

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ldfergu

I really don't understand how they screw this up. Instant replay makes it pretty cut and dry. It either is or it isn't

hawginbigd1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 12, 2015, 11:27:41 am
Get Better Replay officials !

+1 this. Too many times I see replay ref's who lack the beans to overturn or the opposite where they feel like they need to be in the game.

EastexHawg

The "maintaining control all the way to the ground" stuff, paired with super slow motion, gets ridiculous at times.  If every play on which the ball moved slightly had been overturned many of the greatest catches in history wouldn't be.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: heatmiser on January 12, 2015, 11:26:15 am
Pass interference at spot of foul vs 15 yards. Also, if you are going to penalize offense "half the distance to the goal" from less than 10 yards, I'd also like to see offense lose the down. Half the distance from the 5 yard line is not a big enough penalty.

Or maybe I'd be good with not penalizing the offense more than what the offense could be penalized for the same foul.  In other works, if the defense commits a personal foul on their own 8 yard line, then the offense only moves forward 4 yards.  So then at the same line of scrimmage, if the offense commits a personal foul, they should only be backed up 4 yards too.

I agree that PI shouldn't be a spot foul.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

KluchHawg

Have two independent reviewers, meaning in separate rooms and not able talk to each other.  Both must agree to overturn the call. Also limit reviews to 1 minute any longer means you have doubt.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: KluchHawg on January 12, 2015, 12:14:26 pm
Have two independent reviewers, meaning in separate rooms and not able talk to each other.  Both must agree to overturn the call. Also limit reviews to 1 minute any longer means you have doubt.

Not a bad idea.  Let the on-field ref go under the hood and have a second guy in the booth. They can't converse with each other during the process.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogMantheIntruder

MAKE PENALTIES REVIEWABLE!!! 

Sorry to raise my e-voice  ;)
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

The_Iceman

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 12, 2015, 12:34:29 pm
MAKE PENALTIES REVIEWABLE!!! 

Sorry to raise my e-voice  ;)

I would say that the coaches get as many challenges as they have Timeouts, and they can challenge whatever call they want, including penalties. Have every touchdown and turnover automatically eligible for official review is there is any doubt, but have everything else up to the coaches.

The_Iceman

Quote from: KluchHawg on January 12, 2015, 12:14:26 pm

i like this.

Racing Hog

I don't think we should limit the use of technology like slow motion. If anything they need to keep the equipment updated to the latest and greatest (more frames per minute.)
They do need to make changes to make it a quicker process. If you gotta look at a play 15 times from 4 different angles to make a decision, the ruling on the field needs to stand. There should never be a review that takes longer than 1:00, and really the average should be about 30 seconds. To help implement this, there should be a separate guy reviewing the clock, down, and yard lines. The moment that the replay official decides to overturn a call, the yard line, down, and clock information should be ready to radio down as well.