Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Beck

Started by SquidBilly, January 12, 2015, 06:34:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

we need to see if he'd be interested in coming to the hill as our OC.  He has been at Nebraska for some time now and has now expected to take a job as co-OC at Ohio State after the championship game.  He has recruiting ties in Florida, Texas, and Arizona which is a major plus.  He runs the type of offense that CBB prefers, just look at what Abdullah did this year up there.  He has coached in our area of the country before as well as he's been at KState, Kansas, and Missouri State in previous college coaching jobs and as a high school coach in Carrollton, Texas.  Don't know if any deals have been signed with Ohio State yet as all reports I read say he is expected to be their next co-OC.

Dwight_K_Shrute

And he is so good he deserved his own thread instead of just posting this in one of the countless others that are listing or speculating on who the new OC should be.  Kudos.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 12, 2015, 06:54:07 am
And he is so good he deserved his own thread instead of just posting this in one of the countless others that are listing or speculating on who the new OC should be.  Kudos.

Thanks man.  Getting a response from the famous Dwight K Shrute on Hogville has made my day.

Tim Harris

He is going to Ohio St

Steef

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 12, 2015, 07:16:40 am
He is going to Ohio St

To be fair, I don't keep up with the Legumes. But....didn't Ash become their co-DC? And now they're gonna have a co-OC?

If I'm correct, that's four coaches where most teams have two.

Tim Harris

Quote from: steefhog on January 12, 2015, 07:53:31 am
To be fair, I don't keep up with the Legumes. But....didn't Ash become their co-DC? And now they're gonna have a co-OC?

Urban seems to like the "co coordinator" thing....  Herman (just took the Houston HC job) is the offensive coordinator and then someone else is the co-OC/OL coach.  Then on defense they have co-defensive coordinators.

PorkRinds

Quote from: steefhog on January 12, 2015, 07:53:31 am

It seems like most times that's just a way to give a position coach a bit more money and justify it.

Tim Harris

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:18:42 am
It seems like most times that's just a way to give a position coach a bit more money and justify it.

It is just like giving Pittman Associate HC and Shannon Sr Assistant Coach or whatever his title was.