Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to every poster on here........

Started by Pigstie, January 12, 2015, 12:06:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Quote from: Mike IrwinLanny, Doug and the other people who manage this board have a thankless job. I know them. I like them and as one of the few people in the media willing to post on a message board I applaud them.
Quote from: Tim HarrisAnd I'm still amazed that you chose to do the bolded part.
I'm not. For the most part, Mike has enjoyed being on Hogville, since it does contain a good cross-section of fans, no matter where they fall, opinion-wise, on several issues.

It's been said hundreds of times, but Hogville is the epitome of a modern day coffee shop.... on steroids. The only thing we don't have is the din and hustle/bustle of dishes clanging in the background.

I'm not gonna speak for every other mod on here, but it really hurt everyone in Razorback Nation when KFSM effectively muzzled Mike Irwin. When they "let him go", it was only a matter of time before he came back. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

pigture perfect

I can't either PR. There is a time to want coaches gone, but mid-season ain't it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Doug on January 12, 2015, 09:20:49 am
I'm not. For the most part, Mike has enjoyed being on Hogville, since it does contain a good cross-section of fans, no matter where they fall, opinion-wise, on several issues.

It's been said hundreds of times, but Hogville is the epitome of a modern day coffee shop.... on steroids. The only thing we don't have is the din and hustle/bustle of dishes clanging in the background.

I'm not gonna speak for every other mod on here, but it really hurt everyone in Razorback Nation when KFSM effectively muzzled Mike Irwin. When they "let him go", it was only a matter of time before he came back. :)

I think it's more like the Golden Corral endless dinner buffet.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 12:06:55 am
Who had the audacity to even question JC or his philosophy with CBB. Many of your threads have been locked this season because you even questioned our OC. He now leaves and its either because CBB did not think he was warranted a raise or didn't want him at all. Kudos to all of you!  :D :razorback:

Yes, because no one ever questions anything around here.

Threads aren't locked for opinions; they're locked over posters violating forum rules.  There are acceptable and unacceptable ways to express one's opinions.  Some people aren't good with that. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:24:46 am
I think it's more like the Golden Corral endless dinner buffet.

^This made me laugh. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Kevin

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on January 12, 2015, 07:16:54 am
The threads were locked because they were worthless drivel posted by ignorant fans.  And please explain how someone with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on a subject question the actions of an expert? The short answer is they shouldn't because it just makes then look like the fools they are. 

Regardless of who Bielema brings in to replace Chaney the fact remains that Coach Chaney craps more football knowledge everyday than you and his other detractors collectively know.

So, props to the Hog Fans who support all our coaches and appreciate all the time and effort they put in to put so they can put a quality product on the field.     

so, there should be no message boards. that is all message boards are. fans talking about their teams. the are no experts on here.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Mike Irwin

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2015, 08:27:41 am
Threads do not get locked for posting an opinion. Threads get locked because:

1. It gets personal

2. It is the same thread that has been started 400 times

3. It is a thread about something that has already been locked, only done so in a slightly different way to try to make it look different.
This covers all the bases. There is no mystery to locked threads. No. 3 is so common that it's almost a joke among the moderators.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Doug on January 12, 2015, 09:20:49 am

Amen Doug  how they treated MI was Shameful.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snoblind

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 12, 2015, 08:08:03 am
+1 to the op.

I asked Mike a couple of days ago to give us his honest assessment of what kind of coach he believed Jim Cheney is/was since he has access to the program that the majority of us do not. And I got no response.

And Mike pretty much laid out his opinion in a post above yours, yet you still felt the need to take this shot.  And I have read his take on Chaney in other threads over the past few weeks.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 12, 2015, 07:35:19 am
You need to go back and read what you posted and ponder Doug's response. You may indeed be pals with Lanny but this thread was an in-your-face shot at those who locked threads on Chaney and Brandon Allen.

Plain and simple the threads were locked after a clear explanation of why they were going to be locked. There was no attempt to censor opinions. Those opinions were expressed on a daily basis for months and not by the majority posting here but by a small group of people that wanted a staff change. They got their point across.
Bottom line: threads are locked too often. Critique does not warrant a locked thread. Maybe the critique is warranted when more than one thread is started about a coach or player.

PorkRinds

Quote from: snoblind on January 12, 2015, 09:35:09 am
And Mike pretty much laid out his opinion in a post above yours, yet you still felt the need to take this shot.  And I have read his take on Chaney in other threads over the past few weeks.
Exactly.  He doesn't owe anyone an answer to a question he's discussed multiple times openly.

Kevin

some people have a hard time, just ignoring and not commenting. that is something i have had to learn.

but, everyone wants to prove they are right. when is comes to opinions, sometimes there is no right or wrong.

if you are tired of reading the same points, then don't read or comment, just let it go.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on January 12, 2015, 09:35:36 am
Bottom line: threads are locked too often. Critique does not warrant a locked thread. Maybe the critique is warranted when more than one thread is started about a coach or player.

Or maybe it's just more piling on and misplaced outrage. 

Prestworthy

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 09:36:38 am
some people have a hard time, just ignoring and not commenting. that is something i have had to learn.

but, everyone wants to prove they are right. when is comes to opinions, sometimes there is no right or wrong.

if you are tired of reading the same points, then don't read or comment, just let it go.
Bingo.  And most on here don't post 25x a day, so they may not see every thread. 

tusksincolorado

Who had the audacity to even question JC or his philosophy with CBB. Many of your threads have been locked this season because you even questioned our OC. He now leaves and its either because CBB did not think he was warranted a raise or didn't want him at all. Kudos to all of you!  :D :razorback:

Bottom line, is the folks who wanted Chaney, possibly they still clamour for a HUNH uptempo offense, received their wish. Those who enjoyed the "stick it in your face and stop us" offense today realized that we are going to though another offensive change again.

And the rest of us are taking a deep sigh with the realization of, "when will we have some stability again in the coaching staff and program?".

Right now, I just want to see 4 years of stabilty, and exactly what CBB's overall plan in the SEC will look like on the field.   

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 12, 2015, 09:57:52 am
Bottom line, is the folks who wanted Chaney, possibly they still clamour for a HUNH uptempo offense, received their wish. Those who enjoyed the "stick it in your face and stop us" offense today realized that we are going to though another offensive change again.

And the rest of us are taking a deep sigh with the realization of, "when will we have some stability again in the coaching staff and program?".

As the program becomes more successful, the less stable the coaching staff will be.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dirty

pfrg999

Quote from: Doug on January 12, 2015, 12:15:34 am
This thread + OP =

Check out how he keeps his form throughout the fail... Gotta had it to him... he Failed Successfully
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 09:36:38 am

But the problem is, there are a few on here who have, for the better part of six months, turned every thread into a " BA cant get it done" or a " Chaney needs to go " thread. The initial thread could be about too much butter on the popcorn at DWRRS and here comes some jab at Chaney or BA.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:36:51 am
Or maybe it's just more piling on and misplaced outrage.
Do you really post 23x a day? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on January 12, 2015, 07:28:18 am
Good grief....yes they would.  At one time message boards were places fans could get accurate, up-to-date information about their team, not worthless, ignorant opinions from so-called fans.  Otherwise they would commonly be called Opinion Boards instead of Message Boards.

-100000000 only ignorance i saw on this entire thread were your posts!!!!!!! I disagree with Mike's assertions but it was valuable provocative discussion. Your posts on the other hand are nothing but attack drivel, that sound personal in their basis. If these boards were nothing but factual information bases they wouldn't exist. Messege boards are created to drive discussion and create traffic just like talk radio. To believe otherwise IMO is ignorance.

rljjr

Quote from: Bebop on January 12, 2015, 01:24:07 am
Being reasonable, respectable, and keeping an open mind to correction goes a long way in keeping a thread unlocked. Attack the argument not the person. And yes, I did criticize Chaney hoping that the problems that we had would get corrected. I think our offense made incremental progress. We had 2nd half problems the entire season and it never got better.

This is true WRT second half issues, but we increased our scoring output by 11 points per game this season. I give credit to Chaney for that. He also gets some of the blame for the second half collapses. However, I don't think it's all on him. I think we have a talent issue at QB (not a flame: He's a great guy and serviceable, but not a game-changer) and a couple of other spots across the field. Whether JC chose to leave or was nudged is no matter to me. I'm confident we will find somebody equal or greater for what CBB is trying to accomplish. I just want to give some credit to the man for what he did do. Brighter days are ahead.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on January 12, 2015, 10:13:42 am
Do you really post 23x a day?

Nah.  I just have heavy days when I'm bored that bring my average way up. Is that cool with you?

Prestworthy

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 10:26:14 am
Sometimes.  And I bet I STILL make more money than you.  Does it matter?
No that's your average post count per day.  I thought it was pretty impressive.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Prestworthy on January 12, 2015, 09:35:36 am
+1 This! Would not want the Mods jobs, however they at times are too sensitive and I believe they are swayed by their own opinions in some of their decisions, JMHO. The term "Moderator" infers a lack of bias.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Prestworthy on January 12, 2015, 10:29:01 am
No that's your average post count per day.  I thought it was pretty impressive.

I amended my post, because I thought it was not a nice way to respond.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 12, 2015, 10:30:34 am
+1 This! Would not want the Mods jobs, however they at times are too sensitive and I believe they are swayed by their own opinions in some of their decisions, JMHO. The term "Moderator" infers a lack of bias.

No, they just get sick of seeing the same threads started over and over. If a thread about " X " gets locked, and someone stars another thread about "X" don't be surprised if it gets locked too, especially if that thread involves people wanting  a coach fired or a player benched.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Prestworthy

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 12, 2015, 10:30:34 am
And I will return your +1 with a +1 of your own, Sir!

Augustus

I guess there's a flipside to that coin...

Props to those that have called out posters on here that seem to have wanted this staff to fail, just so they can come on here and post "See, we were right!"

We still don't know all the details about Chaney.  But, if someone's gonna gloat about "being right about him"... then several other posters also get to gloat about calling out posters who seem to care more about right than having a successful program.

Pigstie

Quote from: Augustus on January 12, 2015, 10:59:57 am
I guess there's a flipside to that coin...

Props to those that have called out posters on here that seem to have wanted this staff to fail, just so they can come on here and post "See, we were right!"

We still don't know all the details about Chaney.  But, if someone's gonna gloat about "being right about him"... then several other posters also get to gloat about calling out posters who seem to care more about right than having a successful program.
I'm not gloating.... I promise you. I don't see how this can be a good thing for the team at this point or BA. Some may have been calling for his firing. I wasn't one of them. I just don't think that questioning things should be lumped into that category, but I don't want to repeat myself.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pigstie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 12, 2015, 10:10:46 am
But the problem is, there are a few on here who have, for the better part of six months, turned every thread into a " BA cant get it done" or a " Chaney needs to go " thread. The initial thread could be about too much butter on the popcorn at DWRRS and here comes some jab at Chaney or BA.
I totally agree with this! This is it in a nutshell. However the opposite happens also. A simple question about why something happened, or why something was said by a coach, and here come the assumptions that you want the said coach fired.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pigstie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 12, 2015, 10:18:45 am
-100000000 only ignorance i saw on this entire thread were your posts!!!!!!! I disagree with Mike's assertions but it was valuable provocative discussion. Your posts on the other hand are nothing but attack drivel, that sound personal in their basis. If these boards were nothing but factual information bases they wouldn't exist. Messege boards are created to drive discussion and create traffic just like talk radio. To believe otherwise IMO is ignorance.
+100000000

Pigstie

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2015, 09:16:31 am
I can't understand giving someone props for bashing coaches throughout the season.
The word bashing was never in my post. Nice try though.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 12, 2015, 09:57:52 am

Right now, I just want to see 4 years of stabilty, and exactly what CBB's overall plan in the SEC will look like on the field.
This is an important observation. I'm not saying that it will be impossible for Bielema to upgrade but the turnover in this program needs to stop. Somebody who knows a lot more football than I do once said to me that changing offensive coordinators often keeps sophomores sophomores and juniors juniors. His reasoning is if there's a terminology and philosophy change the natural progression players make in a stable situation doesn't occur.

Clearly I have seen situations where a change in coordinators has produced first year improvement but in many cases what I've seen is a step backwards before going forward.
Chaney's replacement will be Arkansas fourth offensive coordinator in the last five seasons.

Pigstie

Quote from: bruisemeister on January 12, 2015, 01:41:45 am
I guess I don't read enough posts? Are we glad hes gone or not? I heard a conservative commentator on the radio this morning commenting on the rumor. He was telling the person giving him the news "not to lead him on" and  that he didn't know which was better: JC leaving or the Republican victories in November.
Then I read posts and it says we are going to lose big recruits and he is going to take some of our key assistants.

Which is it? Glad hes gone, wish he stayed, I don't care?
I personally don't see how this can be a good thing. IMHO I don't think CBB wanted his OC to leave, but he didn't think he was deserving to be paid more to stay. I guess it's a fine line.  I feel for BA the most. He's been through a lot during his tenure here. Maybe promote Pittman?

Paul

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2015, 08:32:28 am
I would correct your grammar in person. Then I'd know you truly were ignorant, rather than just trying to type on a smartphone.
No response?

WilsonHog

Starting another thread like this one = involuntary vacation.