Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to every poster on here........

Started by Pigstie, January 12, 2015, 12:06:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigstie

Who had the audacity to even question JC or his philosophy with CBB. Many of your threads have been locked this season because you even questioned our OC. He now leaves and its either because CBB did not think he was warranted a raise or didn't want him at all. Kudos to all of you!  :D :razorback:
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Großer Kriegschwein

You the man Douglas. Couldn't have said it better.
This is my non-signature signature.

popcornhog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 12:06:55 am
Who had the audacity to even question JC or his philosophy with CBB. Many of your threads have been locked this season because you even questioned our OC. He now leaves and its either because CBB did not think he was warranted a raise or didn't want him at all. Kudos to all of you!  :D :razorback:

Its not like the OP needed it's use of proper grammar to make a pointless post.
WPS

Hog1966

Pigstie

Quote from: Hog1966 on January 12, 2015, 12:48:53 am
In before "Who is Pigstie"
I'm the one who has gotten 4 emails in the last hour regarding my post. It's a shame so many aren't even posting opinions anymore for fear of being banned.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pigstie

Quote from: popcornhog on January 12, 2015, 12:21:00 am
Its not like the OP needed it's use of proper grammar to make a pointless post.
So thee gramer nazee makes anuther grate cuntribution to a post,;

BigSexyHog

That's hogville for you.   We eat our own.  Sad but true.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Bebop

Being reasonable, respectable, and keeping an open mind to correction goes a long way in keeping a thread unlocked. Attack the argument not the person. And yes, I did criticize Chaney hoping that the problems that we had would get corrected. I think our offense made incremental progress. We had 2nd half problems the entire season and it never got better.

Pigstie

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 12, 2015, 01:17:34 am
That's hogville for you.   We eat our own.  Sad but true.
Is what it is...... I started the post simply because so many threads locked and so many opinions of JC shot to hell this year, mine included. Now it seems many were on to something all along. I think it's a valid point.... but oh well.

Pigstie

Quote from: Bebop on January 12, 2015, 01:24:07 am
Being reasonable, respectable, and keeping an open mind to correction goes a long way in keeping a thread unlocked. Attack the argument not the person. And yes, I did criticize Chaney hoping that the problems that we had would get corrected. I think our offense made incremental progress. We had 2nd half problems the entire season and it never got better.
+1

bruisemeister

I guess I don't read enough posts? Are we glad hes gone or not? I heard a conservative commentator on the radio this morning commenting on the rumor. He was telling the person giving him the news "not to lead him on" and  that he didn't know which was better: JC leaving or the Republican victories in November.
Then I read posts and it says we are going to lose big recruits and he is going to take some of our key assistants.

Which is it? Glad hes gone, wish he stayed, I don't care?

lechon

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 01:09:46 am
I'm the one who has gotten 4 emails in the last hour regarding my post. It's a shame so many aren't even posting opinions anymore for fear of being banned.

+10000000000
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

alohawg

I complained about Chaney plenty during the season and rightfully so. No doubt in my mind Arkansas can do better and will.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

pigture perfect

I hate that BA has to learn another system in his senior year. We were set to have a tremendous year. Still might, but now we will have more questions than answers. If nothing else, it will drive Hogville until the middle of September.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

alohawg

PP- I think we'll have to sit back and trust the head hog on this stuff. I suspect these moves were in the master plan for a while. CBB wants next year to be every bit as successful as we do and is in a position to make the tweeks he sees as necessary towards that end.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: alohawg on January 12, 2015, 03:05:42 am
PP- I think we'll have to sit back and trust the head hog on this stuff. I suspect these moves were in the master plan for a while. CBB wants next year to be every bit as successful as we do and is in a position to make the tweeks he sees as necessary towards that end.
^This^
We are still in transition of the coaching changes and don't know how we will fair in the end. I don't know of any key assistants that we have lost since JC left, the only thing that I have heard is that CBB was able to secure raises for ALL of the assistants that he asked for. We haven't lost any recruits either, but it could happen and only one has mentioned that it "might" play a part in his decision. BTW, recruiting in Florida sure has been good in the last 12 hours. WPS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 12, 2015, 02:54:01 am
I hate that BA has to learn another system in his senior year. We were set to have a tremendous year. Still might, but now we will have more questions than answers. If nothing else, it will drive Hogville until the middle of September.
Pigture, I think BA will learn any new system quickly, he is a coaches son, so I doubt there is much that he hasn't seen or heard at some point in his career. Lord knows he's already seen some changes as a Razorback.

Mike Irwin

Threads on Jim Chaney were not locked until there had been a good year and a half of complaining about him by the same people. The point you and others were making was well established. There was virtually nothing else that could have been posted about the man.

It was starting to drive most of the people reading and posting here up a wall. The position the mods took was simple. Until there is a change on the staff at that position the complaining was going to stop. If there was a legitimate reason for Chaney to be gone either by his own choice or by Bielema then the situation would take care of itself.

I'm sure the OP and those he's referring to consider themselves heroes. Like the evil Houston Nutt, they've gotten rid of another bad guy who was holding the Razorbacks back. Well Chaney is not Nutt. He's just a coach who was doing his job. Now there will be another coach who will do that job.

I hope he gets a better reception here.

Lanny, Doug and the other people who manage this board have a thankless job. I know them. I like them and as one of the few people in the media willing to post on a message board I applaud them.

They are not bad guys. They are the people that have made this place one of the top fan boards in college athletics.

ZERO

Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: alohawg on January 12, 2015, 02:17:15 am
I complained about Chaney plenty during the season and rightfully so. No doubt in my mind Arkansas can do better and will.

Complaining/flaming two different puppies...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 12, 2015, 05:55:35 am
Lanny, Doug and the other people who manage this board have a thankless job. I know them. I like them and as one of the few people in the media willing to post on a message board I applaud them.

They are not bad guys. They are the people that have made this place one of the top fan boards in college athletics.
MI, whether Hogvillians always agree with you or not, I'm sure most appreciate you posting and sharing on this board, I know I do. And, you are right about Lanny and those that manage this board. It's easy to forget what they do, as we have no idea what they do behind the scenes and often make tough decisions to try to keep this board one of the best in the country. Thanks guys!

Pigstie

Threads on Jim Chaney were not locked until there had been a good year and a half of complaining about him by the same people. The point you and others were making was well established. There was virtually nothing else that could have been posted about the man.

It was starting to drive most of the people reading and posting here up a wall. The position the mods took was simple. Until there is a change on the staff at that position the complaining was going to stop. If there was a legitimate reason for Chaney to be gone either by his own choice or by Bielema then the situation would take care of itself.

I'm sure the OP and those he's referring to consider themselves heroes. Like the evil Houston Nutt, they've gotten rid of another bad guy who was holding the Razorbacks back. Well Chaney is not Nutt. He's just a coach who was doing his job. Now there will be another coach who will do that job.

I hope he gets a better reception here.

Oh give me a break Mike.... It's a long season with a lot of offensive plays. So yeah... a lot of conversations are going to turn into the OC and the QB. Not rocket science. As far as the same people complaining over and over, I don't know. I Didn't pay attention to threads I wasn't interested in at any given time.  I simply asked you a question mid season about the philosophy between the two coaches... because I saw telling signs, and you immediately shot it down and reminded me that JC wasn't going anywhere, and then of course the tread is locked. You are flawed in your thinking if you think anyone feels like a "hero" because our OC has left. There wasn't a concerned effort by a large group to fire the man. Anyone who seeks that kind of validity from a msg board has more issues than I care to discuss. Lanny was the first person to even teach me the game of football on Lakeshore Drive  when I was 5 yrs old. No one appreciates, or is more proud of his job than me. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 12:06:55 am

The threads were locked because they were worthless drivel posted by ignorant fans.  And please explain how someone with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on a subject question the actions of an expert? The short answer is they shouldn't because it just makes then look like the fools they are. 

Regardless of who Bielema brings in to replace Chaney the fact remains that Coach Chaney craps more football knowledge everyday than you and his other detractors collectively know.

So, props to the Hog Fans who support all our coaches and appreciate all the time and effort they put in to put so they can put a quality product on the field.     

Pigstie

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on January 12, 2015, 07:16:54 am
The threads were locked because they were worthless drivel posted by ignorant fans.  And please explain how someone with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on a subject question the actions of an expert? The short answer is they shouldn't because it just makes then look like the fools they are. 

Regardless of who Bielema brings in to replace Chaney the fact remains that Coach Chaney craps more football knowledge everyday than you and his other detractors collectively know.

So, props to the Hog Fans who support all our coaches and appreciate all the time and effort they put in to put so they can put a quality product on the field.     
Said the "smart" fan.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on January 12, 2015, 07:16:54 am
The threads were locked because they were worthless drivel posted by ignorant fans.  And please explain how someone with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on a subject question the actions of an expert? The short answer is they shouldn't because it just makes then look like the fools they are.,,,     

Good grief...MMQB wouldn't exist if all the ignorant posters never questioned an expert's actions. 

There would be maybe a half-dozen posters stroking each other telling each other what an expert they were.  Until one of the experts disagreed with another expert.  Then one would get bant for being an idiot and there would be only five posters left.  And no sponsors.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 07:10:11 am
Oh give me a break Mike.... It's a long season with a lot of offensive plays. So yeah... a lot of conversations are going to turn into the OC and the QB. Not rocket science. As far as the same people complaining over and over, I don't know. I Didn't pay attention to threads I wasn't interested in at any given time.  I simply asked you a question mid season about the philosophy between the two coaches... because I saw telling signs, and you immediately shot it down and reminded me that JC wasn't going anywhere, and then of course the tread is locked. You are flawed in your thinking if you think anyone feels like a "hero" because our OC has left. There wasn't a concerned effort by a large group to fire the man. Anyone who seeks that kind of validity from a msg board has more issues than I care to discuss. Lanny was the first person to even teach me the game of football on Lakeshore Drive  when I was 5 yrs old. No one appreciates, or is more proud of his job than me. 

Oh give us a break.  What Mike posted is absolutely true and if you take offense to it then that's just too damn bad. These so called fans get on here and are relentless with their worthless drivel questioning everything and that gets old really quick. 

And the pathetic thing about those criticizing someone like Jim Chaney wouldn't know the difference between a bubble screen and bubble bath but they act like they do.  That's why threads are locked.   

Dominicanhog

Lanny was the first person to even teach me the game of football on Lakeshore Drive  when I was 5 yrs old.

Was that last year?  You're like the rooster who thinks the sun came up because he crowed... you have no idea why Chaney left or if CBB was blindsided..

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 12, 2015, 07:24:11 am
Good grief...MMQB wouldn't exist if all the ignorant posters never questioned an expert's actions. 

There would be maybe a half-dozen posters stroking each other telling each other what an expert they were.  Until one of the experts disagreed with another expert.  Then one would get bant for being an idiot and there would be only five posters left.  And no sponsors.

Good grief....yes they would.  At one time message boards were places fans could get accurate, up-to-date information about their team, not worthless, ignorant opinions from so-called fans.  Otherwise they would commonly be called Opinion Boards instead of Message Boards. 

Mike Irwin

You need to go back and read what you posted and ponder Doug's response. You may indeed be pals with Lanny but this thread was an in-your-face shot at those who locked threads on Chaney and Brandon Allen.

Plain and simple the threads were locked after a clear explanation of why they were going to be locked. There was no attempt to censor opinions. Those opinions were expressed on a daily basis for months and not by the majority posting here but by a small group of people that wanted a staff change. They got their point across.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigstie

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 12, 2015, 07:35:19 am
You need to go back and read what you posted and ponder Doug's response. You may indeed be pals with Lanny but this thread was an in-your-face shot at those who locked threads on Chaney and Brandon Allen.

Plain and simple the threads were locked after a clear explanation of why they were going to be locked. There was no attempt to censor opinions. Those opinions were expressed on a daily basis for months and not by the majority posting here but by a small group of people that wanted a staff change. They got their point across.
All due respect.... the thread was recognizing the questions and debates that I and some others raised. If any of the admin takes it as a " in your face shot"... that was not the intention. It was a shot at the large group that think if you are not an "expert", you're opinions don't belong here. As I mentioned.. if there was a small group wanting a staff change, I was not one of them, nor did I pay that any attention.

Biggus Piggus

We don't even know why Chaney's out. Regardless, it is an opportunity to improve the team. Not a certainty, but an opportunity.
[CENSORED]!

Pigstie

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 12, 2015, 07:26:21 am
Was that last year?  You're like the rooster who thinks the sun came up because he crowed... you have no idea why Chaney left or if CBB was blindsided..
Read CBB's tweet and you will have your answer. The rooster thing was stupid.

popcornhog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 01:12:52 am
So thee gramer nazee makes anuther grate cuntribution to a post,;

I guess the irony was missed on you.
WPS

Biggus Piggus

BTW, happy birthday Jim Chaney. His birthday is today.
[CENSORED]!

Pigstie

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2015, 07:57:24 am
We don't even know why Chaney's out. Regardless, it is an opportunity to improve the team. Not a certainty, but an opportunity.
True... we don't know why he is out, but we do know it is with CBB's blessing. This is another opportunity for CBB to earn his $$.  I have complete faith in him.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 08:00:45 am
True... we don't know why he is out, but we do know it is with CBB's blessing. This is another opportunity for CBB to earn his $$.  I have complete faith in him.

Plenty of people -- including me -- managed to express their concerns about the offense without flying off the handle and getting muzzled. The people who were hammered down were the ones who intentionally posted repetitive flamebait and disrupted threads where people were trying to converse. If you don't know how to have a discussion, you're going to get ban-hammered.
[CENSORED]!

Pigstie

Quote from: popcornhog on January 12, 2015, 07:59:26 am
I guess the irony was missed on you.
No, the irony is that you wouldn't correct my grammar in person... so why a msg board?

Dr. Starcs

+1 to the op.

I asked Mike a couple of days ago to give us his honest assessment of what kind of coach he believed Jim Cheney is/was since he has access to the program that the majority of us do not. And I got no response.

The Hogfather

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 12, 2015, 02:54:01 am

This is my ONLY problem with losing Chaney right now.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 01:09:46 am

Threads do not get locked for posting an opinion. Threads get locked because:

1. It gets personal

2. It is the same thread that has been started 400 times

3. It is a thread about something that has already been locked, only done so in a slightly different way to try to make it look different.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

popcornhog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 12, 2015, 08:04:21 am
No, the irony is that you wouldn't correct my grammar in person... so why a msg board?

I was merely responding to an absurd post with an absurd post. Right over your head.

Also, it would be impossible to correct the use of an apostrophe in person unless we were passing notes back and forth.
WPS

Biggus Piggus

I would correct your grammar in person. Then I'd know you truly were ignorant, rather than just trying to type on a smartphone.
[CENSORED]!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 12, 2015, 08:08:03 am
+1 to the op.

I asked Mike a couple of days ago to give us his honest assessment of what kind of coach he believed Jim Cheney is/was since he has access to the program that the majority of us do not. And I got no response.
If you ask around you'll find that I answer almost every question I get. I get a lot of them so I can't always respond immediately. However what does that have to do with the OP?

Rawland Watson

I was thinking Chaney might be in trouble when I was at the game in Houston and our offense look exactly like it did all year with no new wrinkles in it. it seems like he never made any changes even when we had bowl practice for 3 weeks the offense look the same.
hard work and dedication

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Rawland Watson on January 12, 2015, 08:43:21 am
I was thinking Chaney might be in trouble when I was at the game in Houston and our offense look exactly like it did all year with no new wrinkles in it. it seems like he never made any changes even when we had bowl practice for 3 weeks the offense look the same.
Maybe but going into that game the one thing Arkansas coaches worried about was Texas' secondary. It was supposedly the best in the Big 12.

Arkansas broke that game open with two TD passes in the 2nd quarter. In other words they went right at Texas' strength and won. Hard for me to believe that Bielema had an issue with Chaney's game plan or play calling in the Texas Bowl.

Doug

I want to note, for the record, that I initially locked this after my reply and was in the process of tossing this into Vents.

I changed my mind in order to let this flow, so that others could weigh in with their "ejumekaytud" and educated opinions.

I think we know which version applies to which people in this thread.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Tim Harris

And I'm still amazed that you chose to do the bolded part.

PorkRinds

I can't understand giving someone props for bashing coaches throughout the season.