Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Illustrated's Thayer Evans reporting Chaney Gone

Started by Wildhog, January 11, 2015, 06:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HSVhogfan2

Threads with links disappear? Pretty sure this one is history too.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Capt. Hamm

Mason

@ThayerEvansSI: Arkansas OC & QBs coach Jim Chaney has accepted the same job under new Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi per source.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

HSVhogfan2

The devil that you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't know.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hawginj

I'm good with it we'll get a great oc hide and watch. Go hogs!

Wildhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 11, 2015, 06:16:19 pm

So glad we met Robb Smith.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Porked Tongue

Bye Jim.  Sorry you think PITT is a better job.  That's if you had a choice.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

idochog

I love Jesus!

TechHog

This has a little bit of Ash feel to it. Don't know that Chaney had a choice in the matter

HogFanatic

I can't wait to see who Bielema goes after for OC.
Bielema's second round of hires have all been outstanding so far and I expect nothing less this time.

Danny J

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 11, 2015, 06:17:30 pm
Bye Jim.  Sorry you think PITT is a better job.  That's if you had a choice.....
That's what I was thinking as well. Just speculation of course.....on my part.

Curious to see who we go after.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

crazystupidthick

Got to think that if Bielema really wanted him that he would not be leaving

Wright43

When will this be confirmed?

I wasn't Chaney's #1 fan, but I think, as Razorback fans, we've all seen what happens when we have too much coaching turnover...

Who is available for replacement? Stoops' brother?

I have mixed feelings right now...we'll see how it works out. I trust Bielema 100% and I hope this was his doing/his idea and Chaney didn't just spring this on him or something...

hoghearted

There's this
Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 11, 2015, 06:16:19 pm

But then, there's this

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 11, 2015, 06:17:30 pm
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Tim Harris

Now that we need an OC here is my wish list.....

1.  A QB coach - I don't care if it is college or NFL experience but I want someone that has spent their career working with QBs.  Don't give me someone who has spent most of their career coaching something else with a couple of years coaching QBs sprinkled in there.
2.  Experience in a pro style run heavy offense.  Bielema isn't changing to the spread so no reason to get an OC that has spent their career running that type of offense.  I want someone whose philosophy matches up with Coach B and doesn't have to go through a "learning process"
3.  Young coach who can relate to college kids
4.  Solid recruiter preferably with experience recruiting in the south but don't really care since QBs would be all he is looking for.

Capt. Hamm

This isn't a lateral move, but a step down IMHO. Was he asked to find new job?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2015, 06:16:53 pm
So glad we met Robb Smith.

Bingo, just wait and see who his replacement is before all the whoa is me.  Bielema himself has said that whenever a coach leaves he looks at it as an opportunity to get better. 

Also Brett may have known that either JC was unhappy, the philosophies weren't meshing or that he himself was pondering a change.  Could be why raises were announced for 6 coaches and not 3 others and all 3 of those were on offense.

At this point instead of people saying "Hope you Chaney haterz are happy" or rejoicing that Chaney is gone or even bad mouthing him for going to Pitt, just thank him for his time here during a very difficult period but one that saw positive change and look forward to the surprise of who the next OC will be.  As long as it's not David Lee, am I right?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GrizzlyRider07

Question: So when we get a new OC how does that work as far as the plays we run? Do the new OC bring in a new offense and we have to learn a whole new offense,  or do they just implement a few different plays from the offense they have? If someone really knows, will you shed some light? Thanks
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Wildhog

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on January 11, 2015, 06:21:39 pm

Seems pretty clear to me.
1909/1964/1965/1977

idochog

So JC takes a job at lesser school & a lesser conference & CBB said Long took care of the assistants that CBB wanted taken care of. You do the math
I love Jesus!

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 11, 2015, 06:21:55 pm
Bingo, just wait and see who his replacement is before all the whoa is me.  Bielema himself has said that whenever a coach leaves he looks at it as an opportunity to get better. 

Also Brett may have known that either JC was unhappy, the philosophies weren't meshing or that he himself was pondering a change.  Could be why raises were announced for 6 coaches and not 3 others and all 3 of those were on offense.

At this point instead of people saying "Hope you Chaney haterz are happy" or rejoicing that Chaney is gone or even bad mouthing him for going to Pitt, just thank him for his time here during a very difficult period but one that saw positive change and look forward to the surprise of who the next OC will be.  As long as it's not David Lee, am I right?

Wildhog, the play, not the posser, err poster....

Tim Harris

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 11, 2015, 06:22:14 pm
Question: So when we get a new OC how does that work as far as the plays we run? Do the new OC bring in a new offense and we have to learn a whole new offense,  or do they just implement a few different plays from the offense they have? If someone really knows, will you shed some light? Thanks

As long as Bielema is here I expect the offense to be pretty similar. Any new OC will bring in his own wrinkles but overall I expect it to still be a run heavy pro style offense.

Guinness Snout

Take a look at John Garrett.  He ran a pro style offense for mike riley at OregonSt.

Großer Kriegschwein

If he's really gone, the hard job (both in development of players and personal discipline) is about over. The next hire would build on the foundation laid down already. We'll see how it works out after the process is complete.
This is my non-signature signature.

regi

He was one of three coaches without a new deal, are some of you, along with some of the Arkansas media, really that slow? 1 offensive 4th quarter TD in SEC games. It is what it is. Good for Arkansas

PigTimePlayer

Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

ricepig

Quote from: Mason on January 11, 2015, 06:15:47 pm
@ThayerEvansSI: Arkansas OC & QBs coach Jim Chaney has accepted the same job under new Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi per source.

I hope Bazzel isn't the source.....

hoglady

I'm on the fence.
I really like Chaney and think he's a really good OC.
Not sure he and Beliema were ever a very good match in offensive philosophy, though.
Was looking forward to seeing if his offense could break through next year.
NEXT man up!!
Afraid we might lose some of our receiver commitments if this is true.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

idochog

Who is the 3rd the RB coach?

I know the Wr coach & JC.

Sam Pittman got a monster raise
I love Jesus!

aloha_kid

Quote from: idochog on January 11, 2015, 06:23:34 pm
So JC takes a job at lesser school & a lesser conference & CBB said Long took care of the assistants that CBB wanted taken care of. You do the math

They were working out details of contract extension:

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/arkansas-finalizes-deals-six-football-staff-members

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on January 11, 2015, 06:26:03 pm
I'm on the fence.
I really like Chaney and think he's a really good OC.
Not sure he and Beliema were ever a very good match in offensive philosophy, though.
Was looking forward to seeing if his offense could break through next year.
NEXT man up!!
Afraid we might lose some of our receiver commitments if this is true.

We'll be better, I feel Bielema knows we needed improvement, and he will get it.

regi

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2015, 06:23:55 pm
Wildhog, the play, not the posser, err poster....
Quote from: idochog on January 11, 2015, 06:23:34 pm

Don't know why this is so hard to understand for some...but it is a free message board

Pork Twain

What I was thinking
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

cosmodrum

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 11, 2015, 06:25:44 pm
And KJ Hill tweets "I'm out"

Doubt that, but even so, you don't let a kid control the coaching staff makeup.
Go away, batin'

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: hoghearted on January 11, 2015, 06:20:50 pm
There's this
But then, there's this

Maybe it's just taking CBB a bit to get the staff he wants, or maybe its a disturbing pattern of assistant coaches taking lateral moves/downgrades to get out. It would seem, as in any successful organization, one would have to keep staff members longer than a year ore two in order to be able to achieve ultimate success. So far each time he has had to replace someone he has seemed to upgrade. Time will tell on this one.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

ricepig

Quote from: idochog on January 11, 2015, 06:26:57 pm
Who is the 3rd the RB coach?

I know the Wr coach & JC.

Sam Pittman got a monster raise

Pittman got a $25,000 raise in his new contract and is under contract until 6/2018. Now, he got a big raise soon after he was hired to tell Bama to eat fish heads.....

onebadrubi

No matter what you think of Chaney, this may not be good to lock down KJ who is shopping around and then pettway may start looking if changes are made

HogNiner12

ricepig

Quote from: regi on January 11, 2015, 06:27:41 pm
Don't know why this is so hard to understand for some...but it is a free message board

Wut??

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 11, 2015, 06:28:50 pm
Doubt that, but even so, you don't let a kid control the coaching staff makeup.

yeah, I agree on that . . . but he did tweet it with two little hands waving "bye bye". That's just what we have to be OK with when we make coaching changes. We will have an official visit (I hope) to keep him. If CBB made this move, he may already have the replacement ready, who knows.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 11, 2015, 06:29:36 pm
Don't spread that crap

It's not crap . . .he just tweeted it, you can look it up dude. Its just a fact, that's all.

Dwight_K_Shrute

All depends on perspective.  Pitt is only about 3 hours from Hershey, PA.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Mike_e

JC's wikipedia page has already been changed to pitt.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!