Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Harris Tweet

Started by Wildhog, January 10, 2015, 10:21:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwash

In light of rumors of Cheney leaving, it is interesting JH's tweet doesn't mention a position for this assistant coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 11, 2015, 11:19:26 am #51 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:05:47 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: hawgwash on January 11, 2015, 11:11:56 am
In light of rumors of Cheney leaving, it is interesting JH's tweet doesn't mention a position for this assistant coach.

I don't want any of the OC's from the FL schools

texas tush hog

January 11, 2015, 11:57:50 am #52 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:51:54 pm by texas tush hog

And he isn't going anywhere, give it up.

Quote from: Wildhog on January 10, 2015, 10:21:18 pm
Jim Harris @jimharris360  ·  36m 36 minutes ago
A rising star in CFB assistant coaching ranks with a Fla. background & who has tons of Fla. recruiting connections meets with CBB next week.

Any guesses? 

Tyrelle Buckley Louisville?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Why'd the other thread get locked?
1909/1964/1965/1977

hog_fan

Jim will reveal the name tomorrow.

hog_fan

I'm sure he doesn't feel a need to mention the obvious.  Coach isn't interviewing for OC because that job isn't open.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hog_fan on January 11, 2015, 12:43:20 pm

Lol. Probably, After that coach has been eliminated from consideration

LZH

Whoever winds up here at any coaching position, it's quite refreshing that BB doesn't surround himself with "yes" men....he seems to pick winners.

Damn, that's like the 20th time in a row that I've given BB a compliment - I need to get my * together.  Where's that 2 year old twitter quote when you need it?

online-with-swine

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 11, 2015, 11:57:50 am
Tyrelle Buckley Louisville?

Let's take him and maybe a former wr/oc from OU or Roman or Loggains.

GoHogs1091

The following would be an excellent OC hire (he was the OC for the 2001 National Champion Miami Hurricanes), but I don't know whether if he takes another OC job if it will affect the huge buy out money he is receiving from the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chudzinski

ricepig

Quote from: hog_fan on January 11, 2015, 12:43:20 pm

Nah, Sportlife will start a thread with a link that may or may not contain the name.

elksnort

Quote from: SwineGrind on January 11, 2015, 11:04:26 am
Is Jim Leavitt out of the question for a serious look?
interesting choice. 

Was he at Kansas State at the same time as CBB?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 11, 2015, 12:58:17 pm
The following would be an excellent OC hire (he was the OC for the 2001 National Champion Miami Hurricanes), but I don't know whether if he takes another OC job if it will affect the huge buy out money he is receiving from the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chudzinski

Probably the next HC at Miami once Golden gets fired

Tim Harris

Quote from: SwineGrind on January 11, 2015, 11:04:26 am
Is Jim Leavitt out of the question for a serious look?

I would hope so

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: elksnort on January 11, 2015, 01:13:02 pm
interesting choice. 

Was he at Kansas State at the same time as CBB?

He was not. But maybe the still know each other

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2015, 01:13:47 pm
Probably the next HC at Miami once Golden gets fired

Possible, but I have always felt that Greg Schiano would be the next Hurricanes Head Coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 11, 2015, 01:18:06 pm
Possible, but I have always felt that Greg Schiano would be the next Hurricanes Head Coach.

That is possible as well. I'm surprised he didn't get a job this year.

Guinness Snout

What about John Garrett OregonSt OC?  He worked under Mike Riley running a pro-style offense and he Has an extensive NFL background. He likes to run the ball and teach QBs. Just came across him and he sounds interesting.

hawgbawb

Quote from: Wildhog on January 10, 2015, 10:25:44 pm
Could be Raymond Woodie.  Could be Adam Fuller.

Could be that Robb Smith moves to LBs and they promote Aaron Henry. 

I'm just thrilled that we seem to be going after S FL recruiters.
Can't imagine why we would do that to Robb Smith after the year he just had.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgbawb on January 11, 2015, 01:23:52 pm

Bielema specifically mentioned the possibility of Smith coaching LB's in a presser.
1909/1964/1965/1977

BadHog

Jim will be posting the name on Sporting Life Arkansas tomorrow later today. Stay tuned.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgbawb on January 11, 2015, 01:23:52 pm

I think read it wrong, the way I did the first time.  I think what he is saying is Smitt take over LB while still being DC.  And  Henry become a DB coach with Jennings. 

BadHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2015, 01:55:16 pm

I think read it wrong, the way I did the first time.  I think what he is saying is Smitt take over LB while still being DC.  And  Henry become a DB coach with Jennings. 

Nope that's not happening. But other changes coming.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2015, 01:28:57 pm
Bielema specifically mentioned the possibility of Smith coaching LB's in a presser.

I'm not sure that's exactly what he intended to say/mean by his comment.  I took what he said as Smith or Bielema could help with LB's if need be citing the example when Shannon would pull spaight or Ellis or another LB to the side for a day and work 1 on 1, the. Smith or Bielema would coach the LB's

Wildhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2015, 01:59:19 pm
I'm not sure that's exactly what he intended to say/mean by his comment.  I took what he said as Smith or Bielema could help with LB's if need be citing the example when Shannon would pull spaight or Ellis or another LB to the side for a day and work 1 on 1, the. Smith or Bielema would coach the LB's

I'm not saying it's going to happen.  I'm just saying it's a possibility if need be.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: presidenthog on January 10, 2015, 11:00:31 pm
Quote from: Scott7703 on January 10, 2015, 10:59:17 pm
What name was mentioned?
[/quote
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=585678.0

by the way . . . this is NOT the name that I was referring to when I said a name was posted and disappeared. I'm not going to post it because there is probably a very good reason why it needed to be taken down. Or, it may not mean anything . . .but the name has not reappeared. On the off chance that it needs to be kept quiet because it really is someone CBB is looking at, I'm gonna leave it alone.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

PigTimePlayer

Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys