Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy Shannon

Started by HamHands, January 10, 2015, 09:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

I don't know why everyone is crying about him leaving. He never brought in elite LB talent. It is a chance to upgrade. I remember when we all cried about Segrest and Robb Smith, now we want to give them 10 year extensions. Relax, we are in good hands. WPS!
One day at a time.

Nosboar Accubond

We need another thread...

DallasHogFan

Spaight and Ellis came into their own this year. I'm confident we can get a great fit with the new hire, but RS deserves credit for sure.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

JIHawg

Quote from: HamHands on January 10, 2015, 09:35:39 pm
I don't know why everyone is crying about him leaving. He never brought in elite LB talent. It is a chance to upgrade. I remember when we all cried about Segrest and Robb Smith, now we want to give them 10 year extensions. Relax, we are in good hands. WPS!

Absolutely.  Shannon went for the low hanging fruit in recruiting, battles he could win.  He never really "joined the club" here.  I think we can upgrade with his leaving.

HogNiner12

Don't blame RS we haven't had an elite linebacker in a long long time. For some reason they just don't want to come here. TBH

WooPig90

BigSexyHog

January 10, 2015, 10:39:24 pm #6 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:17:41 am by BigSexyHog
RS is a good coach and did a lot of good things here to help.   He will be missed but isn't replaceable.  Hate to lose him but who knows maybe the next guy could be even better.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Bacon_Bitz

We need another post commenting about how we need another thread

presidenthog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 10, 2015, 11:00:10 pm

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JIHawg on January 10, 2015, 10:27:21 pm
Absolutely.  Shannon went for the low hanging fruit in recruiting, battles he could win.  He never really "joined the club" here.  I think we can upgrade with his leaving.

JoJo and Kirkland were not low hanging fruit.

Coley, Ramsey, Brown and Edwards were more sleeper/under recruited types, I can agree.

Shannon had a positive impact on Arkansas. But now it's over and CBB will find a good replacement.

I just can't stand revisionist history. Give credit where it is due.

Kirkland on Shannon impact on him choosing Arkansas below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2MPYFgprA

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

jackflash

Shannon is gone. I am more concerned on who we get. Wish him well but time to turn this page. I think he did a great job.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 10, 2015, 11:00:10 pm
Why don't you make a poll about it?
All Gas, No Brakes!

redeye

The best thing Randy Shannon did at Arkansas was help us get a foot in the door with South Florida recruits.  That's not a criticism, but Shannon has always been overrated a little, imo.  I like the guy and I'm thankful we had him for a while, but I wasn't ecstatic when he was hired and I'm not upset that he's gone.  We'll be just fine without Randy Shannon.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 10, 2015, 11:09:42 pm

Coley, Ramsey, Brown and Edwards were more sleeper/under recruited types, I can agree.

Shannon had a positive impact on Arkansas. But now it's over and CBB will find a good replacement.

That's Hogville's way. When you are here you are the greatest.  Once you leave you are a bum. Most of these guys ragging on Shannon probably still holding the same job they had from high school.

They simply don't understand moving around as you climb the ladder. Then later in life are ready to move back home. They simply have not been away from home to know the draw to come back.

Shannon got a great job in his home state - nothing wrong with that. He did a good job while here. No need to revise history and run his work in the ground. Be a gentleman.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Arkfan

Randy Shannon?

Doesnt he coach at Florida or someplace?

JIHawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 10, 2015, 11:09:42 pm

Just because we got some players from Florida doesn't mean Shannon played a primary role in their recruitment.  I don't recall his name being mentioned much associated with those players before signing date.  Look at the players he's taking from us to go with him.  That's the level of recruits he goes after.

SDZ_Hog

Seems to me that his best contribution in recruiting was having the connection where we might not even known about under the radar recruits like Ramsey, Brown and Coley. 

The NewEra

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 10, 2015, 10:34:08 pm
Don't blame RS we haven't had an elite linebacker in a long long time. For some reason they just don't want to come here. TBH

Don't blame the guy who was earning $400k a year to change that situation?  I don't think I agree with your logic.  Randy is supposed to be Mr. Recruiter in Florida.

I bet Coach B upgrades significantly.  Not to mention that I'm not sure I believe Randy was all in as a Hog, which the coaches that now remain seem to be.  Randy seems to always be looking for the next gig.

popcornhog

Quote from: HamHands on January 10, 2015, 09:35:39 pm

How do we need another RS thread?
WPS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JIHawg on January 11, 2015, 08:33:25 am
Just because we got some players from Florida doesn't mean Shannon played a primary role in their recruitment.  I don't recall his name being mentioned much associated with those players before signing date.  Look at the players he's taking from us to go with him.  That's the level of recruits he goes after.

If you didn't recall his name being mentioned you were not paying attention.

Partridge recruit Marks and Collins. That's why their names aren't mentioned above.

Richard Davenport's Bits are all free online. Use google to prove me wrong. (However it's a waste of your time because I'm right)

Pork Twain

Quote from: DallasHogFan on January 10, 2015, 10:02:23 pm
Spaight and Ellis came into their own this year. I'm confident we can get a great fit with the new hire, but RS deserves credit for sure.
Does he?  I am not 100% sure and I liked RS, but the defense turned around in year one, under a guy that had a lot of LBer coaching in his past and that is Robb Smith.  It would be interesting to have sat through those practices and seen who had the biggest impact.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

go hogues

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 10, 2015, 10:34:08 pm
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HamHands

I will make a thread whenever I darn well please. Suck it! If you don't like it, don't click on it and respond. It is a message board. People make threads, ask questions. Geesh, bunch of goomers.

Thanks to the others who responded and gave me your opinion. Discussion is all I was looking for. Back to DST until all you other wall lickers get your medications adjusted.
One day at a time.