Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So I'm Listening to Some AC/DC . . .

Started by TeufelHog, January 08, 2015, 07:03:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . when is someone going to make a "hype video" of the Hogs' win over Texas to "Thunderstruck?"  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

cause, "they went to Texas, Texas, and they had some fun!"

Anyone?  Bueller? Bueller?

razorbackkid

Hope this works for ya.....:)

Love my Hogs!!!!!!!!!

:razorback:

Ain't exactly what you needed...ain't exactly what you wanted....but it does satisfy that desire deep within.  :)

Thunderstuck around the seven minute mark.  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

I've yet to learn how to set background music to youtube videos....when I learn I will teach.

Until then....

Learn and teach Hogmusic.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LZH

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 08, 2015, 07:03:32 pm
. . . when is someone going to make a "hype video" of the Hogs' win over Texas to "Thunderstruck?"  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

I think they were talking about themselves...."we went to Texas, yeah Texas we had some fun - we met some girls, etc."

Led Zep's Royal Orleans has a line that sounds like "just like the Razorback, doing up my head".  Who knows, I've never looked up the actual lyrics.

razorbackkid

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2015, 07:53:13 pm
I think they were talking about themselves...."we went to Texas, yeah Texas we had some fun - we met some girls, etc."

Led Zep's Royal Orleans has a line that sounds like "just like the Razorback, doing up my head".  Who knows, I've never looked up the actual lyrics.

Led Zeppelin
Presence
Royal Orleans
Walk the town alone, you better take care how you use it
Try to make it last all night, And if you take your pick
Be careful how you choose it, Sometimes its hard to feel it bite
Feel it bite
A man I know, went down to Louisiana,
Had himself a bad, bad fight, And when the sun peeks through
John Cameron he sees (sandy???)
He kissed the whiskers and left and right, Whiskers!
Now, now, now, A fight subsides
Out at a hotel in the quarter, A friendship took a bash tonight
Now love gets hot, Look far for a sea with water
Grew whiskers sittin' there through the night
Whiskers!
Down on Bourbon street, You know it's right
You can see my friend
When they run around us in the night
Most everywhere, Until the closet's bare
Run for the razor, fun, Doin' up my hair
New Orleans queens, Sure know how to schmooz it
Maybe for some that seems alright, When I step out
I'm struck down with my sugar
She best not talk like barry white
Now, one town love, Take care how you use it
And try to make it last all night, Take your pick
Be careful how you choose it
Sometimes it's hard to feel it bite.
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/led-zeppelin/royal-orleans-lyrics/#MJhSHfvev8j0AJCs.99

:)

Peter Porker

.....and you realized all of their songs sound the same?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

TeufelHog

Yep!  That scratched the itch!  Thanks RBK.  Forgot how fast Adams, Wright, DJ, were.  Man!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2015, 08:00:11 pm
.....and you realized all of their songs sound the same?

Not necessarily so....

Enjoy.  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 08, 2015, 07:59:52 pm
Led Zeppelin
Presence
Royal Orleans
Walk the town alone, you better take care how you use it
Try to make it last all night, And if you take your pick
Be careful how you choose it, Sometimes its hard to feel it bite
Feel it bite
A man I know, went down to Louisiana,
Had himself a bad, bad fight, And when the sun peeks through
John Cameron he sees (sandy???)
He kissed the whiskers and left and right, Whiskers!
Now, now, now, A fight subsides
Out at a hotel in the quarter, A friendship took a bash tonight
Now love gets hot, Look far for a sea with water
Grew whiskers sittin' there through the night
Whiskers!
Down on Bourbon street, You know it's right
You can see my friend
When they run around us in the night
Most everywhere, Until the closet's bare
Run for the razor, fun, Doin' up my hair
New Orleans queens, Sure know how to schmooz it
Maybe for some that seems alright, When I step out
I'm struck down with my sugar
She best not talk like barry white
Now, one town love, Take care how you use it
And try to make it last all night, Take your pick
Be careful how you choose it
Sometimes it's hard to feel it bite.
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/led-zeppelin/royal-orleans-lyrics/#MJhSHfvev8j0AJCs.99

:)

Well there goes that.  Fwiw though, on "The Ocean", he sings "I've gotta date, I can't be late, with a hellhound on the 11th floor".  On most lyric sheets, that line is written out differently....just sayin'.

I thought maybe he found a pretty, young, Arkansas gal in New Orleans and threw her into the song.  "Royal Orleans" is supposedly about JPJ taking a drag queen back to his hotel room (hence the reference to kissing whiskers).  They apparently burned a hooter, fell asleep, and it caught the sheets on fire - setting the smoke alarm off.  He was teased endlessly for that.

LZH

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 08, 2015, 08:05:47 pm
Not necessarily so....

Enjoy.  :razorback:

Nice one.  "Ride On" is one of their very best.  A must hear for anyone who likes guitars.

razorbackkid

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2015, 08:09:02 pm
Well there goes that.  Fwiw though, on "The Ocean", he sings "I've gotta date, I can't be late, with a hellhound on the 11th floor".  On most lyric sheets, that line is written out differently....just sayin'.

I thought maybe he found a pretty, young, Arkansas gal in New Orleans and threw her into the song.  "Royal Orleans" is supposedly about JPJ taking a drag queen back to his hotel room (hence the reference to kissing whiskers).  They apparently burned a hooter, fell asleep, and it caught the sheets on fire - setting the smoke alarm off.  He was teased endlessly for that.

Been a AC/DC fan all my life....wouldn't doubt one word you typed.  Matter of fact I'd expect it to be true.  Love them ol' boys....what a life to have people wonder about....got to love it.

razorbackkid

LZH

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 08, 2015, 08:13:51 pm
Been a AC/DC fan all my life....wouldn't doubt one word you typed.  Matter of fact I'd expect it to be true.  Love them ol' boys....what a life to have people wonder about....got to love it.

"Royal Orleans" is a Led Zep tune from 1976.  I did get to meet AC/DC in 1985 in LR, though.  Stayed on the same floor as they did at the (then) Excelsior Hotel.  Our room somehow got screwed up and was on the 6th floor (the band's floor).  When security came by and told us we needed to move to another room because a booking mistake had been made, I went and talked to their road manager and the hotel manager, and they both said if we didn't cause any trouble or bug the crap out of the band, we could stay.  After the show, BJ came down and played quarters with us for a bit, but the rest of the band got room service and went to bed.

TheGunther

what's next... you want the team to run out to "tuff enuff" by the fabulous thunderbirds?
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

sooeey pig pig pig

On purpose, or are you trapped in a roller skating rink?

razorbackkid

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on January 08, 2015, 08:43:55 pm
On purpose, or are you trapped in a roller skating rink?

Been trapped in the good ole days for a long time....beats what's going on these days.  Just my opinion though.

Fair enough is fair enough....peace.

TheGrove68

Love AC/DC best band ever IMO they do more with 3 cords than other bands can with 1,000! Rock music in a pure form!! Rock or Bust and Baptism by fire off their new album are darn good.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

Vildsvin

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 08, 2015, 07:03:32 pm

This is a great idea.. there is a serious lack of hype/highlight videos with a AC/DC soundtrack!  ::)

southhog

Hope AC/DC comes to Little Rock on the Rock or Bust tour.

lechon

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 08, 2015, 08:49:58 pm
Been trapped in the good ole days for a long time....beats what's going on these days.  Just my opinion though.

Fair enough is fair enough....peace.

I am with you kid, hip-hop flat out sucks. Does any rapper know how to play a musical instrument ???
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

DeltaBoy

I want the Highlights of the Game with Hell's Bells in the background.  Cause we went to Houston and got them and dragged them to Hell.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EastexHawg

Thunderstruck is one of my least favorite AC/DC songs.  If it was on the Back in Black album it would be the track I skipped every time, sort of like "Ice Cream Man" on Van Halen's first.

jkstock04

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 09, 2015, 09:36:06 am
Thunderstruck is one of my least favorite AC/DC songs.  If it was on the Back in Black album it would be the track I skipped every time, sort of like "Ice Cream Man" on Van Halen's first.
It was not on the back in black album. First track on that record is Hells Bells.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RazorBassin

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 08, 2015, 07:42:03 pm
I've yet to learn how to set background music to youtube videos....when I learn I will teach.

Until then....

Learn and teach Hogmusic.

The announcers sounded so excited about the beating we were putting on them.  On the Tolliver interception I busted out laughing and just before that where we had Swoopes running for his life in the endzone again I thought the announcer was going to cry.  LOVED KICKING THEIR TEETH IN!  I can't wait to see what this Defense is capable of after another year with Robb Smith at the helm.

aristotle

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2015, 08:09:02 pm

On a similar tangent, Green Day had one about a Razorback girl...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2015, 09:58:35 am
It was not on the back in black album. First track on that record is Hells Bells.

Hence my use of the term "if it was on"...

MTBrookHog

I cannot hear "Thunderstruck" without envisioning Joe Adams going 92 yards on Auburn.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: MTBrookHog on January 09, 2015, 11:43:01 am
I cannot hear "Thunderstruck" without envisioning Joe Adams going 92 yards on Auburn.

Yep that Broke Tigger2's Back that night.